• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rate Our 2020 Redskins Draft

Rate the Redskins 2020 Draft

• A

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • A-

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • B+

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • B

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • B-

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • C+

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C-

• D

• F

• Total voters
He was not doubled in that game. He was handled by this kid Carman.

Want me to give you 10 examples where he was absolutely dominant? Maybe he had a bleeding hemorrhoid that day - I don't know. But it's ridiculous to pick a game or two (for any athlete) and define their future career by it.

We have one of the youngest rosters in the league. By definition, it will take time to assess these young guys but we do have some promising ones - a lot of them actually. We blew it up after a 3 win season - of course Vegas isn't betting on us this year - why would they?

Young wasn't our only pick - even if you want to belittle his potential impact.

You don't rebuild a roster in one offseason Mike. I think beating on them because they can't seems a little much.

I don't expect them to turn it around in one season. But if you don't even try you can never win.

To me, not trading down and even attempting to fill those holes shows we've admitted defeat this season. Or a complete lack of awareness of just how large the talent gap is between us and real teams. No one in this FO ever has the ability to look 2 or 3 years ahead.

Who said they got one decent offer to trade down Mike? You don't even know it occurred. Atlanta is rumored to have offered some lowball nonsense offer, but we don't even know if that's the case. In what conceivable way did they 'not even try'??? They had their board and apparently stuck to it very closely. We all know that NFL talent evaluation is as much art and luck as science. Every year guys who were highly touted bust, and guys selected in later rounds turn into stars. It happens every year.

I don't know how anyone can pretend they 'know' how we did over the past 48 hours. No one knows. We've had huge change in the organization. How about giving them a chance before surrendering to defeat before we've seen what they can do?

To your point about needing numerous guys, not 1 Mike... I was in favor of a trade down, and Rivera/Smith verbalized a willingness to listen to offers. But we didn't get any great offers. Everyone preaches 'trade down!' but the reality of it is that most teams are very reluctant to give up a ton of picks even for a highly touted player. We all know, it only rarely happens, and it's almost always for a QB. Everyone knew we weren't going to give up on Dwayne Haskins after 7 ****ing games and so there was no need for someone to move up to #2 to get a QB. Pretending that was going to happen and criticizing them because it didn't - seems like an overreaction.
I read a report that Atlanta was eager to move up into our position but I have no idea if it was true.

I think Young was the safe and expected pick. And the lazy pick if I'm being honest

Uncreative, unimaginative drafting plus a less-than-inspirational return for Trent keeps me from giving the standing ovation.

You don't move up to #2 in any draft without offering major bling. I haven't heard they offered anything that would have 'wowed' the Redskins into trading down. Teams just don't trade out of those slots unless someone offers the farm. Mike. I love ya. But Chase Young was literally rated the best football player in the entire draft almost universally. It's not a safe pick or a reach or a stupid move. If the Redskins drafted him and he's not a major impact player, they'll have been wrong. But they'll have the entire Universe who were also wrong and who would've made the exact same pick.

I didn't say they deserve a standing ovation.

But I am saying criticizing the Redskins for taking the consensus best football player in college football is borderline crazy. In a nice, respectful, honorable, borderline crazy kind of a way. But still borderline crazy :)

Anyway... not trying to beat on you guys. Everyone has a right to their opinion and if you guys turn out to be correct you'll have max crowing rights.

I feel like some of this is leftover animosity/angst related to the old regime. I know Beelzebub is still the owner. But the rest of these people just got here. Give it a chance.

Chase Young had 7 QB pressures vs Clemson.

Deacon Jones didn't average a sack per snap
Neither did Lawrence Taylor,Reggie White etc.

Every year, Redskins fans say "Trade down,get more picks"...even if it means passing on blue chip talent.

Then they wonder why we never have All-Pro talent on the team.

Ridiculous

Chase Young won’t give you a SB, but a team full of above-average players won’t get you anything. You need one or two superstar-type players to help get everyone else across the line. I can’t remember the last time this team had one

if the ‘Skins were wrong about Chase Young, then so was every single scout and personnel person in the world.

Boone, I hope we go 16-0 and run the table! I just believe our issues can only be solved with 8 starters. Not one Chase Young, OBJ, Khalil Mack, S. Barkley, etc.

Fitz kicks ass too. And?

So in this vacuum you're living in McD5, you assume that not one young player currently on this roster:

Develops and grows
Benefits from actual NFL coaching/scheme

Is that correct?

Chase Young won’t give you a SB, but a team full of above-average players won’t get you anything. You need one or two superstar-type players to help get everyone else across the line. I can’t remember the last time this team had one

if the ‘Skins were wrong about Chase Young, then so was every single scout and personnel person in the world.

We haven't had an exceptional player, an All-Pro since like 1996 if I'm correct, and that player was a punter.

So in this vacuum you're living in McD5, you assume that not one young player currently on this roster:

Develops and grows
Benefits from actual NFL coaching/scheme

Is that correct?

I'm not saying that at all. I do believe that the current owner needs to sell or move if we're ever to be successful. But beyond that, several of these players will grow.

We're 8 starters behind the best teams. Keeping our first and having no second isn't going to close the gap. That's all I'm saying.

1. Chase Young-A...”should” elevate the d-line to the extremely good category
3. Antonio Gibson-B...love the player but coulda got him in the 4th imo
4. Saahdiq Charles-B-...any o-line was nice to get, possible Flowers replacement
4. Antonio Gandy-Golden-C+...depth and size at the wr position is always good
5. Keith Ismael-C...another depth guy for the o-line works, just wish they got a bigger center
5. Khaleke Hudson-A-...watched a couple vids and love this pick. Our missing hybrid LB/S
7. Kamren Curl-D...nothing special on tape to me, could be coached into eventual starter?
7. James Smith-Williams-D... injury history and there were decent TE’s & T’s still

Last edited:
1. Chase Young-A...”should” elevate the d-line to the extremely good category
3. Antonio Gibson-B...love the player but coulda got him in the 4th imo
4. Saahdiq Charles-B-...any o-line was nice to get, possible Flowers replacement
4. Antonio Gandy-Golden-C+...depth and size at the wr position is always good
5. Keith Ismael-C...another depth guy for the o-line works, just wish they got a bigger center
5. Khaleke Hudson-A-...watched a couple vids and love this pick. Our missing hybrid LB/S
7. Kamren Curl-D...nothing special on tape to me, could be coached into eventual starter?
7. James Smith-Williams-D... injury history and there was still decent TE’s & T’s still

***Edit - Rivera stated that Charles would 'start out' at LT but Chris Russell reported it as "HC Ron Rivera said that Saahdiq Charles will start at left tackle"

We have no idea right now who that starter will be.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that at all. I do believe that the current owner needs to sell or move if we're ever to be successful. But beyond that, several of these players will grow.

We're 8 starters behind the best teams. Keeping our first and having no second isn't going to close the gap. That's all I'm saying.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

***Edit - Rivera stated that Charles would 'start out' at LT but Chris Russell reported it as "HC Ron Rivera said that Saahdiq Charles will start at left tackle"

I think they’re gonna try any and everything as far as fit goes. Maybe Scherff or Martin has a go at LT. The vids I watched with Charles seems he “may” have trouble with the speedy rushers, but a bull in the running game.

Was hoping they grab Andy Heck’s kid Charlie from North Carolina. Still thought it was a good pick all the same.

Media manipulation at its finest. Technically, Russell is right as Charles will start his career playing left tackle, but that also gives the impression he’s in the starting lineup at LT week 1. We shipped the drama to SF today, so they need to stir up some more.

Screenshot_20200425-225801_Brave.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.