• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

we need to replace Hopkins. There is no reason why we haven't brought in a kicker or two to try out yet.

AGG to IR
Collins to IR
Charles to IR

getting pretty thin. we need to get our safety corps shored up ASAP

We got the Geico play of the day today with the bomb to McLaurin.

(and yes, Hail to the Football Team comes off as something that cannot be taken seriously)

we need to replace Hopkins. There is no reason why we haven't brought in a kicker or two to try out yet.

AGG to IR
Collins to IR
Charles to IR

getting pretty thin. we need to get our safety corps shored up ASAP

You came in to chat right after we'd discussed the same thing. It's in his head right now. I don't know whether a kicker to challenge him helps or hurts, but you can't just continue hoping he'll snap out of it and do nothing. I'm sure Rivera was asked about it but will have to pull that up to see if he commented.

Just think as bad as we have played we are 2 points away from either being tied for the division lead or out right division leader

Even after the best win we've had in a long time, Thom Loverro couldn't resist a hit piece. I can't stand that MFer.

Even after the best win we've had in a long time, Thom Loverro couldn't resist a hit piece. I can't stand that MFer.

I stopped following him a while ago... and when he's on 106.7 i change the station.

Grant Paulsen on 106.7 just said he has been talking to a friend of his who has an opportunity to get one of the estimated 3200 tickets the team will be making available for the game in 2 weeks vs the Giants...

He SAYS that he's been told that parking will be FREE, and concession will be HALF PRICE.

If this is true, this sounds like a big time nod to die hard fans... as Grant and Danny were saying. This is awesome if this is the case. Allowing 3200 fans into the stadium is not going to even be a blip on the financial radar, in fact it's probably a losing proposition because of the security, concessions cost, payroll, all of those expenses that would not exist in a situation of an empty stadium. To then cut the cost of concessions and NOT CHARGE for parking is big time. Good for the team and management if this ends up ultimately being correct.

Last edited:
lol, no responses to the team doing something positive? I guess I'm not surprised.

So I saw today the Yahoo Sports had us at 27 in their power rankings.

... it was the highest (best) rank in the NFC East.

I’m going to go Henry here. I enjoyed seeing them play well against Dallas. But until they start consistently showing up, given our history, can anyone really fault any fan for yawning or being skeptical?

It took years to destroy this fanbase’s pride and positivity, gonna take more than a couple months to restore it.

Boone, I'm confused as to what you're responding to? I don't think anyone believes we should be higher than we are currently ranked

Boone, I'm confused as to what you're responding to? I don't think anyone believes we should be higher than we are currently ranked

Your post about no one responding to anything positive, and Win’s post commenting on Bulldog’s ‘negativity’. I can see both sides of the coin (and in fact I drift between them fairly regularly). On the one hand, negativity doesn’t accomplish much other than perhaps allowing people to vent. On the other hand, it’s not like fans of this team don’t want to have success so they can be positive. I can understand folks who are negative, folks who see change and are positive, and even those who are exhausted and ambivalent about it all.

Probably better said in a different thread, but those comments were what I was responding to. I think we are all psychologically damaged as a fan base.

Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit :)

Your post about no one responding to anything positive, and Win’s post commenting on Bulldog’s ‘negativity’. I can see both sides of the coin (and in fact I drift between them fairly regularly). On the one hand, negativity doesn’t accomplish much other than perhaps allowing people to vent. On the other hand, it’s not like fans of this team don’t want to have success so they can be positive. I can understand folks who are negative, folks who see change and are positive, and even those who are exhausted and ambivalent about it all.

Probably better said in a different thread, but those comments were what I was responding to. I think we are all psychologically damaged as a fan base.

Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit :)

Ok I thought you were referring to my post, but didnt want to assume.

It's just frustrating brother. The team does something that none of us would even imagine they were capable of prior to March, and there's crickets. I don't want a parade or celebration, but when there's a clear piece of evidence that could give us all a little hope that things are in fact being run differently... there's no recognition. This front office and management team are running things differently, I just pray they're given enough time to reap some of the rewards. I'm sure everyone here see's that I go out of my way to find things to get excited about with this team, because I want them to be successful. I want to have pride in this team, so admittedly I may root for things that most people don't. It's just exhausting, when there's a constant disregard for positivity, when for so long there hasn't been any. Just wish we could all celebrate things together again, even if they're small.

I get that and I admire it. I used to be a lot more like you. Hopefully the team gives us all reason to believe again at some point.

Oh we’ve all shown our negativity with this team on one occasion or another, they’ve sure as hell deserved it. But here on out everything gets put into context for me. The giants and turds are shit teams in a shit division & at this point the WFT fall right in line beside them.

One of my biggest complaints is the offense has struggled badly due to a lack of run commitment. The last 2 games Turner seems to have pulled his head out of his ass and realized this, FINALLY. The results were they probably could have beat the giants and they woodshed’d the turds when deciding to run more.

I also believe the running game is recently better due to some personnel juggling. Granted it was mostly due to injuries but still. That’s why I was asking in chat who were the starters on the o-line. Bulldog is 100% correct that playing the D. Jones & Dalton/DiNucci’s give us more favorable odds of winning. However, Turner calling smarter games along with some personnel shifts here and there elevate those odds even more so.

I guess my point is this team definitely earns our scolding in this clusterfart of a season, but should also be praised when they take steps in the right direction as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.