• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Good work buddy of mine has battled cancer the past 2 years. Fulfilled one of his lifelong bucket list items this week in purchasing a Harley. Killed in a crash Friday night. Such a bummer.

• Sad
Reactions: Om
Damn...that's brutal. Sorry to hear it.

Thanks brother. Yes - brutal. His girlfriend shared his last text to her last night. Tough to read.

Thanks brother. Sort of thrown me for a loop to be honest.

• Sad
Reactions: Om
Sorry to hear the news of your friend Boone. This life we all live is so short

Finally broke down and bought a fishing kayak, supposed to arrive next month.

Frances Bean Cobain turned 28. She is now older than her father was when he died.

Have you guys tried the fruit loop flavored Poptarts?

D600F578-E345-4C9D-97E5-6D5A1853029B.jpeg

Had to put my Saint Bernard down yesterday after finding out his limp was the result of bone cancer. If you’ve never had to do it it’s pretty damn gut wrenching, especially when it’s been a fantastic pet.

Sorry to hear it brother, been there myself.

Yeah after hearing of Doc Sandy and now this it’s been a pretty crappy week.

Have a Saint Bernard myself and I'm always watching her hips. They're just so big and lay down so much you can tell it's not the best.

She's 4 and eats amazingly good food, but the fear is always there.

Sorry to hear your loss.

Thanks bro. Mine was 8 1/2 and was fairly healthy til a couple months ago. Started with a slight limp that got worse. Tried going to the vet then and they took blood with nothing irregular showing up. His shoulder was really swollen lately tho, which I thought was it being out of socket and causing the limp. Then a couple days ago his whole leg got lymphodema and he was becoming lethargic.

Just do your best watching her for irregular walking and over sleeping. Which is pretty tough to judge as you know being a nard owner.

Last edited:
Got an employment etiquette question. When submitting notice should there be a written form or is verbal completely fine?

At my job you have to submit it via Workday so it can go through the process.

But, I would have a conversation with my boss and HR rep just to be formal and professional.

Appreciate it Mike. Yeah I was definitely going to sit down with the boss for a conversation & for sure don’t want to burn any bridges about it.

I usually just take a :poop: on my bosses desk, seems to always get the point across

On a more serious note: It is considered proper etiquette to notify verbally before submitting the written resignation - some companies I've worked for have a policy that if a written resignation is received prior to a verbal conversation that individual on the non-rehire list.

You know I had considered running up and down the halls throwing my poop on the wall & yelling like a monkey.

You guys are in positions much more formal than the one I’m in, but I still want to do it properly because my boss is pretty cool.

I’ve never heard of someone giving JUST written notice. That would definitely be a bad approach. I think ideally you do both at the same time. A lot of employers require that you put it in writing and it’s just the professional thing to do imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.