• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Is that fishing inside a shack style fishing? And did you accept?

Yeah and there’s no way it could be done otherwise, at least I wouldn’t risk it. ice fishing is pretty fun to me, caught about 25 walleyes and damn they’re good to eat. Inside the icehouse it stayed about 70*

Oh hell, I would be all over that. Seems like good bourbon sippin activity too!

Isn't -20 dangerous for your lungs?

I've heard at a certain temp your spit freezes before it hits the ground. I remember that from survival classes I had to take as a child

LOW is one of those bucket list type places but I dont know about mid February lol

Mike a guy threw out a small tub of hot water last night and it crystallized before hitting the ground. I’m sure there’s some tough sob’s that can handle more but literally 2 minutes outside with that windchill is MORE than enough for me. That’s dressed to the nines to boot.

Derrick you should definitely look into it one summer. The lake is fricken enormous and chalk full of most North American species.

Boone it is quite nice inside the shack, t-shirt and sweats if the heat’s cranked up. This outfit provided the bait, there’s a stove and small “bathroom” with bucket/trash bags all inside the warmth.

I've found in my life that I reach out to people more than they reach out to me.

Most of the time, I like it that way. I have probably set my life up to be like that since I am not really a fan of too many people. Big crowds freak me out to the point of stress.

Normally summertime I care even less. There is lots to do around here, and a lot of work. But, winter time when there is nothing I miss hanging out with people.

My youngest is growing so fast. He is at least 2" taller than my older one was at his age and its hurting him. He walks on his toes and, if he has gym, he comes home that night in SEVERE pain. he would come in our room in the middle of the night crawling and we would spend a good while massaging his calf/achilles to get it relaxed.

so, we made an appointment for him with a podiatrist. My wife's brother had this issue so we kind of had an idea of what to do. The Dr. took one look at him walking in and called it right away. His tendons aren't stretching as fast as he is growing so he physically can't walk normal.

scans and $300 inserts later and he has gym with no pain, he's running constantly, and just so much more active.

he had a COVID breakdown halfway through the season. we were on quarantine again, schools were fully remote, and he had nobody to really talk to. so, he had a mental breakdown. he didn't want to ever leave his family, he was nervous about other kids, etc.

flash forward to his first tournament back: He realized he his last match was for 1st place. when he pinned the kid, he jumped up in the middle of the mat and did some sort of jump move slamming his fists on his chest. EVERYONE was laughing. It was so pure nobody got upset.

its most definitely a Waylon Jennings kind of day.

Watched the first episode of Superman & Lois and while I'm not a huge Superman guy (I'm a batman mark) I found it really good, taking a different approach to the storyline is refreshing.

So, my son is participating in his State tournament this weekend for wrestling. He has a real chance to finish strong....

Supposed to friggin snow Saturday...I’m so ready for spring

its absolutely DUMPING snow here today.

Saturday it will be 70.

Anyone ever have bells palsy? It’s not a fun thing to have your face go numb!

Headed to the golf course for the first time since the fall and having ACDF surgery on my neck. I'm at 3 months post-op as of Monday. I feel good save an occasional muscle ache. Weather is cool and sunny this weekend here in NC and I just couldn't resist the temptation. I have no idea what to expect, but it's time to get back on the horse.

Headed to the golf course for the first time since the fall and having ACDF surgery on my neck. I'm at 3 months post-op as of Monday. I feel good save an occasional muscle ache. Weather is cool and sunny this weekend here in NC and I just couldn't resist the temptation. I have no idea what to expect, but it's time to get back on the horse.
what's the verdict? how are you feeling?

I was pretty tentative the first few holes but then relaxed. I felt rusty as hell and it will take some time before I get flexibility back and feel comfortable swinging hard, but I played and had no issues other than a little soreness the day after. It felt so good to be out there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.