• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Good luck Win - you got this :cheers:

Appreciate it guys, I think it went pretty well but don’t wanna get my hopes up too much.

Got another one to schedule via zoom, same hospital but different department. Your suggestions definitely helped Mike, Boone & ST.

last night I am lying in bed with my wife and she said "I keep forgetting how much I love working out on the elliptical"

so, me being me, broke in to Michael McDonald...

"I keep forgetting how I love the elliptical. I keep forgetting how much I love the way it feee eee eeels"

blank stare...so, me being me, continues. I can do this all night. She finally says "what is the point of you mocking me when I am telling you what I love"

I am now shocked! "Have you not heard the song by Michael McDonald?" I ask half hoping she has and still thinks I am an asshole.

She hadn't. So, I find if on YouTube. her look went from PISSED to....well, the look I get most of the time. "You're freaking weird, dude"

My wife seriously thought I was mocking her to the theme of a song. Wow....

Got my interview scheduled for tomorrow while waiting results of last week’s. Fingers crossed I can land one of them

Got my interview scheduled for tomorrow while waiting results of last week’s. Fingers crossed I can land one of them
THEY need to have THEIR fingers crossed that they land YOU!

Raise your flag up! They need to know that they would be the ones winning by having you as an employee!

Appreciate it Mike, you’d be a damn good interview prepper if there was a position for you.

The interview was short n sweet, only took like 15 minutes. Damn good chance I got this one.

Got a dilemma question for you guys though. I’m basically on standby waiting to see if either job calls me back. Is it rude to tell one supervisor (if accepted) that I’m waiting on results from another first?

For context, job A should be decided by tomorrow & job B by this Friday.

No - it’s not rude. If they were to rescind their offer because you are waiting to hear another one, that’s a sign you probably don’t want them as your employer.

I don’t think you need to volunteer that though. Just let them know you will contact them on Friday.

Appreciate it Boone.

The job I really want should be settled by Friday, it’s hospital warehouse work during evenings (1pm-10pm) and starts about $16/$17-hr

Todays interview is the same hospital but ‘guest services’. Basically door screener, shuttle driver, directions giver. Straight days and starts around $13-hr. Too damn easy but I’d be the asshole that checks for mask wearers entering the facility.

On an unrelated job note, here’s how you turn off voting notifications on Facebook. The photo is kinda muddled but you go to town hall, notifications, then click off

Attachments

• F6A8D871-F74E-4068-9E9F-C8A4A0FDE7A0.jpeg
    F6A8D871-F74E-4068-9E9F-C8A4A0FDE7A0.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 76
You are under no obligation to accept only one position. As a matter of fact, you SHOULD have more than one offer so you can weigh them against each other and give yourself the luxury to make sure it is a good fit.

I've interviewed and been interviewed enough to know what is good to do and to see. It just takes a bit of time.

I was asked to speak on Veterans Day about life after serving in the corporate world by the company I work for. It will be streamed live on Facebook, LinkedIN, and YouTube on their channel. Strange how everything ties together.

four 10% IPAs and 4 yuenglings during the debate last night....

it is a rough morning to say the least.

Lol. Yeah, but you're living the dream!

Hiring manager called me while I was driving through Minneapolis so I pulled over to take the call. He went through the spiel and asked if everything was good. I replied it was so he said “man you’re easy”. I said “I’m easy but definitely not slutty”, that’s when my wife hit me and whispered not to say that.

So would this be things not to say during an job acceptance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.