• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

So if Shaq was hosting the Oscars and made a joke about Jada's bald head, what's the over/under Will Smith sits in his chair the whole time???

There was only one way to handle that. He should’ve been immediately asked to leave and they should have awarded his Oscar to the runner up. That he would have cared about and it would’ve been an appropriate response. Instead they rewarded him and have him a platform to publicly rationalize his behavior.

Fairly certain it was a skit, like CR knew it was coming. Oscar viewership has been on the shitter for years, something to create buzz imo.

No way it was fake. Smith is an emotional wreck and the fact that his wife egged that response on is proof to me.

The stars don’t care about ratings, they care about awards. Why would one of the biggest draws on the planet put himself in position for extreme public reaction? To become more famous? Can’t. To make more money? Doesn’t need it. To help the Oscar’s increase their ratings? Please.

He is a broken man. Broken by his wife and his love for her no matter how poorly she treats him. His actions bear this out.

He used to slap paparazzi back in the day. Sorry, but he didn't show this kind of emotion when she made a fool of him banging August.

received_1298015260689472.jpeg

All good but I disagree Chris. 3/4 of the country didn’t even know the Oscar’s were on, much less rooting for their favorite ‘star’ or not. Nobody is watching it and this was, imho a publicity stunt. Yet here it is being discussed and on headlines everywhere.

6DE7AA6F-B9C4-4E86-9710-6DA279D06B93.jpeg

The ratings and awards go hand in hand. The more awards/recognition they get the higher their movie pay.

I can agree he’s a broken man, publicly being cuckholded would do that to most.

Last edited:
Oscar’s Committee (OC)- Hey Will, hey Chris, we brought you in today because we could use your help. As you may be aware, our tv ratings have been on a steady decline and we would like to reverse that trend.

(WS, CR) How can we help?

(OC) We would like to create a drama during the broadcast that will go viral and will, therefore, put us back in the spotlight. Here is what we are thinking…Chris, you make a joke about Will’s wife and Will you will go on stage and appear to assault Chris to defend your wife’s honor.

(WS, CR) Say what?

(OC) Yeah, yeah, but stick with us here…Will when you return to your seat, scream a profanity laden threat towards Chris. A couple of times would be most convincing.

(WS, CR) What??? What do we get out of this?

(OC) Chris you be lauded with approval for your professionalism in the aftermath. Will we will give you the Best Actor Oscar.

(WS, CR) Deal!!

(OC) Oh, and Will, when you accept your award it would be best if you break down and cry to sell it even more. 😉

Yeah, it’s not like actors would create drama for an audience or anything. But hey, to each his own.

You can see his cheek and lips all move. Rock isn't an action star.

There was only one way to handle that. He should’ve been immediately asked to leave and they should have awarded his Oscar to the runner up. That he would have cared about and it would’ve been an appropriate response. Instead they rewarded him and have him a platform to publicly rationalize his behavior.

This is what leads me more towards this was staged to some level, any good security would've been moving towards the stage in case it escalated and no one even moved. The fact the police say they can't press charges because Chris Rock won't file a police report is BS, they have visual evidence, a witness statement is not needed.

I'm not sure anyone would have thought Will would slap someone we all thought he was friends with over a simple and really silly joke.

Hell, a drunk Kanye rushed the stage and stole the mic from a scared white girl and nothing happened security wise.

I think he thought it was funny at first, but jada gave him the Forrest Whittaker eye and he had to respond. The pressure of the night got to him, and he went too far.

He's hit paparazzi before a few times. The golden boy image is pretty transparent now. His family life is always being scrutinized and exposed. She's not good for him whatsoever.

She's not just bad for him she's a completely self indulgent being, why he continues to stay with her especially now that the kids are grown is mind blowing, but you've already mentioned the succubus

If the Academy really wanted to garner this type of attention (they didn’t) they could have just invited Alec Baldwin to the Oscars and armed him with a prop gun.

Sorry, I’m a work in progress. 😉

There’s no way it was staged. And I agree that security at events like this should have a strict ‘no one goes on that stage without prior approval’ policy. But in the moment, it’s Will Smith and I’m sure like all of us they couldn’t have envisioned what was about to go down. I think Will Smith just showed who he really is and it’s not the happy, slick responsible guy he wants us to think he is.

The fact they let him get up there and accept an Oscar after that is just shameful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.