Random Thoughts

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

album by Nirvana
I was just talking about Nirvana with the family yesterday. I admit that they were one of my favorite bands in the early 90's but just recently realized how shit their lyrics were. Like gibberish to .a good beat

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

but just recently realized how shit their lyrics were. Like gibberish to .a good beat
I think you actually just described the majority of lyrics to mainstream music.
And it goes back decades.
Always amazes me at how listeners are so greatly affected by music, that has total garbage lyrics, but a good rhythm and/or melody.
Almost like if the rhythm or melody is good, people will sing and dance to it, even if the lyrics were about something disgusting, or nonsense, or cruel like kicking your cat, or worse than that.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Nirvana may have been a simple lyrical band, but they all meant something to Kurt when he wrote them. The lyrics off of In Utero especially were extremely meaningful.

ChiefRunningSioux

The Cheerleader
Reaction score

I think you actually just described the majority of lyrics to mainstream music.
And it goes back decades.
Always amazes me at how listeners are so greatly affected by music, that has total garbage lyrics, but a good rhythm and/or melody.
Almost like if the rhythm or melody is good, people will sing and dance to it, even if the lyrics were about something disgusting, or nonsense, or cruel like kicking your cat, or worse than that.
Nirvana was a mtv engineered band. a Creation in a production room.
youre right. they were simply a commercial rock band. The production companies were getting better at making things look more edgy.
like Marilyn Manson for instance. But I was goth in the 80s and knew Manson was over produced trash, over time.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Nirvana was a mtv engineered band. a Creation in a production room.
youre right. they were simply a commercial rock band. The production companies were getting better at making things look more edgy.
like Marilyn Manson for instance. But I was goth in the 80s and knew Manson was over produced trash, over time.
You seriously think MTV made Nirvana? Or, is this just another one of your "edgy" kind of posts?

Because, if you do think that, you need to really stop speaking about music in general.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Well, turns out Chase Young went to the private high school across the street from my old house for 2 years before he transferred to DeMatha.

In fact, turns out I was watching his football practices from my office in my old house. It's funny, I would watch them practice and thought...these guys are talentless. Turns out I was wrong about one of them, huh?

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Flipping through some quarn time YouTube I had to watch this one. Although I’m a reformed hillbilly, you guys can’t tell me anything other than doing this would be a blast.

When I win the powerball I’ll have a place you guys could all come over to and wreck some vehicles.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

have you seen the 2020 Bronco’s yet? Not sure if I’m a fan or not at this point
Hey man, this is a Redskins site. Pfffft! Broncos...…...……….They don't even have a QB, do they?

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

1586345505926.png

This is how my family spent our evening. Lightning, hail, heavy winds, followed by message after message from the weather service and then friends. "Get in the basement!" was most of them or "Are you guys OK?"

we are...nothing touched down in my immediate area, but this is the first time I had to actually take shelter. pretty freaking intense.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

turns out it was an EF-1 that was on the ground for 11 minutes. today though....67 and not a single cloud in the sky.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

I've learned today that my ex wife believes covid-19 is a result of 5G. Since I gave up fb, instagram, etc. years ago I was unaware that this is actually something a ton of people believe. When she asked me what my opinions are on it, I decided to be nice and just say people are gonna believe what they want to. The way I see it, if there are people who believe the world is run by shape-shifting reptiles, there's no limit to what they'll believe.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Yeah some WV people were posting pics of downed trees & powerlines there too. Kinda weird for that region to have microbursts & tornadoes

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

has anyone tried CBD gummies? Just curious if anyone has what their thoughts are on them.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

has anyone tried CBD gummies? Just curious if anyone has what their thoughts are on them.
With or without THC? I ask because I have seen the effects of too much THC ingested because the idiots didn't follow the prescription. It was fun to watch, but they were scarred. :LOL:

I could never take CBD because after some research, I discovered there really isn't any CBD w/out THC. They limit it, but it does not appear that they are able to extract it completely and I simply won't take the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0