• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

Not to sidetrack too much, but Danny Dimes made himself a bit of a problem for NY. His situation after this past season reminds me a bit of Kirk's in his contract season ... he bet on himself and won. If he wants to, he can push for a whole lot more scratch now than I suspect the Giants are going to want to pay him. Yes, he had a good year. But is he The Man worth elite QB money for the next 4-6 years?

I hate to see them suffer this quandary.

Yeah, you guys are both right. Is anyone really 100% confident in what you'd be getting with Jones even after his full rookie contract? Yes, he had a great season, and we've seen him play very well over the years. But his complete body of work isn't anywhere near as compelling, and there's no guarantee his 2022 season didn't represent the pinnacle of what he can do.

And then there is the crazy $$ his agent is reportedly asking for... if the team he played his best season for in 2022 isn't going to throw down that kind of cash for him, given how hard it is to find a starter at QB, then another franchise would be silly to even think about it. We aren't a team that can afford to take that kind of a risk.

And you only make that kind of a move if you are absolutely convinced he is better than anyone currently on the roster. He's clearly better than Wentz or Heinicke imho. But I'll take Sam Howell over him (at least based on what we know so far) for rookie money all day every day.

Brady just retired again.

It's time. Glad he is not going to hang on and on with obviously diminishing skills.

Agreed. Hopefully he doesn't do the Favre thing because that got old fast.

So…does Brady’s retirement today have anything to do with Sean Payton accepting the Denver job yesterday?

Shouldn’t Brady announce his annual retirement on Groundhog Day or, even better, April Fools Day?

If Tom Brady is truly the best of all time, his next step will be to become the GM of the Washington Wizards and then halfway through the season put himself on the floor.

They should have waited until Saturday to announce this.

Am I the only one tired of seeing plays designed to push QBs from behind on short yardage and the goal line?

Am I the only one tired of seeing plays designed to push QBs from behind on short yardage and the goal line?
I don't mind it. There is a part of me that remembers that that play used to be illegal though.

It’s football. If they don’t like it, stop it :)

Yeah, there was a rule for many years that outlawed an offensive player pushing another player forward for more yards. I remember us getting penalized for it once when a lineman pretended to block by plowing into our running back which sent both tumbling into the end zone.

Not sure when they changed that rule. I'm guessing it had originally been there for safety reasons so a player doesn't get squashed from both sides simultaneously.

I remember that as well. Or maybe it’s just dementia.

Love this stuff.

Tell me these guys don't care ...

Definitely too soon…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Om
In the space of 48 hours the Eagles have lost the Super and both coordinators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.