• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

Even if he says retiring, we all know it doesn’t mean anything. Wonder what’s driving it - doesn’t want to take part in a rebuild or wants to go somewhere with a legit starter at QB? I always thought he’d finish in New Orleans.

I can't imagine he's looking at the offensive lineup and getting excited. It's either Hill or Winston at QB.

I’ve got 5 bucks that he says he wants to spend more time with his family. 😉

You think the Saints would let him go to Dallas without 3 firsts at minimum? And probably players. Maybe hes pulling a Cowher or Dungy and hes just done. Gonna make some cheddar on TV. Whose firing their coach not on rebuild he wants to go to? Dude probably just said, like Forrest Gump, I'm a go home now, I'm tired.

He may sit out a year or two. I definitely think he doesn’t want to fix the mess he created in New Orleans. I think his next job, he will go to a ready made winner. It could be dallas, or it could be a place like Bal, Pitt, AZ, or Seattle. Places with good coaches, but coaches that may either retire or the front office thinks they have run their course. It’s hard to predict what will happen in a year or two if he truly takes a year or two off. I’d be shocked if he goes to a rebuild when a rebuild is basically what he walked away from.

What mess did he create in New Orleans? I think the only thing that happened was they lost a future HOFer at QB but maybe I missed something. I’m not exactly dialed in on the Saints…

They are projected to be 61 million over the salary cap for next year. (Over the cap has it at 73 million. Whatever it is, it’s a lot). Their QB situation is kind of a mess. Part of the cap mess is because they paid Taysom Hill like a QB. Michael Thomas has the 2nd highest cap number and he hasn’t even played. I’m pretty sure there is a rift there similar to the Trent Williams situation here. Basically, there is a lot of work to be done with that team and I (like others) believe he just doesn’t want to clean it up. I don’t blame him by the way. He’s earned the right to walk away if that’s what he wants to do.

Link to their Salary cap: https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-orleans-saints/

Is that on the Head Coach though? Isn’ that more about the Front Office (Mickey Loomis and friends)?

And any team is going to be hard pressed to find a great follow-up to a HOF QB. Didn’t most folks praise acquiring Winston as a great move? Not me - I don’t think he’s a good decision-maker regardless of physical talent and you have to have that above all else in a QB, but most thought it was a great pickup.

It is the front office too. I don’t know who calls the shots. I do know Payton pushed for Hill and that contract is a problem. But regardless of how their front office structure works, it’s a mess down there right now. They are at a crossroads and I’m sticking to my opinion he doesn’t want to deal with what they have to do to get out of where they are.

Not arguing there’s a mess or that he may be at a place where he isn’t interested in trying to resurrect the franchise - just the bit bout ‘the mess he created’.

Payton doesn’t strike me as a guy who takes a backseat to anyone. 16 years there together with Loomis. So I will be fair…50% responsible for the mess created.

Payton doesn’t strike me as a guy who takes a backseat to anyone. 16 years there together with Loomis. So I will be fair…50% responsible for the mess created.

That’s fair. But I’d take Sean Payton over any Coach we’ve had in DC since Gibbs the first time around. If he were prone to making messes (cap-related or otherwise) I think we’d have previous evidence by now. Just sayin’…

Outside of the bounty scandal that resulted in a years suspension for him, yeah.

He is unquestionably better than anyone Washington has had since Gibbs 1 but also had a legitimate star QB that entire time and an owner not named Snyder.

That’s fair. But I’d take Sean Payton over any Coach we’ve had in DC since Gibbs the first time around. If he were prone to making messes (cap-related or otherwise) I think we’d have previous evidence by now. Just sayin’…

Oh, I agree completely. As I said, I’m not knocking him for leaving. He’s been wildly successful in New Orleans and much, much, much more successful than any coach that had been in DC. If he wants to come here. I’d take him in a heartbeat. I just think he sees what is ahead in New Orleans and doesn’t want to deal with it.

Big Ben retired.

Now we'll see how good Tomlin is. Best DC in the game and franchise QB his entire time. Let's see how he does when he's struggling like the rest of us.

True but then again, not like Roethlisberger lead the league in all categories every year. He’s been declining for awhile and Steelers have still been a winning team.

In 2016 they lost in the AFC championship game
After that, they either lost first round or didn't make it.

They have no WR
They have no QB

They're in trouble. We'll see how he coaches now.

FB_IMG_1643289026508.jpg

...and that's the truth!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.