• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

So, now it's not even about if you're the best person for the job but the right skin color.

If I was a black man trying to move up in the NFL coaching ranks I would be pissed. Did you hire me because I'm qualified or because you were forced to due to my skin color?

Goodell is the Snyder of commissioners

61A48710-EDED-40B6-938B-DF31A6B04C88.jpeg

It seems like there are two NFL salary caps.

1 for the Rams and 1 for the rest of the league.

One of my best friends is an old school LA Rams fan from the days of youngblood and Everett. I asked him how they do it and he has absolutely no idea.

Looks like they're doing what the Saint's used to do, there's massive cap hits further down the road they won't be able to eat, utilizing signing bonuses to spread things out. Looks like they are going for another win now season in 22 and 23. As an example Staffords cap hit in 24 , 49.5 million . His cap hit this year 13.5 million and next year is 20 million. I'm no cap expert but I think they might look like Atlanta in a few years eating a ton of dead money as these players age and get cut/traded etc.

Saints appear to be loading up this year for something.

277677196_10160168051221263_7891033167374257387_n.jpg

That’s a pretty great haul for the Eagles

It is. Although I can't say I'm hurt over them having one less 1st round pick this year.

It's all on whether or not Hurts is the answer at QB for Philly, I'm not so sure this trade isn't a way to stock draft capital if they need to move on from him after this season.

That sounds right to me. They probably like a 2023 potential draftee and are loading up to go get him if Hurts can’t cement the job.

They've got an undersized QB and wr. Neither are meant to last an entire NFL season

It's all on whether or not Hurts is the answer at QB for Philly, I'm not so sure this trade isn't a way to stock draft capital if they need to move on from him after this season.

Agreed. Also, I don’t think the Saints are done. Watch them package those first rounders to move up further. They have their eye on someone. You don’t move from 18 to 16 for that.

Prayers up for a guy who a group of board members wanted us to draft out of Notre Dame. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah's brother died in a house fire, it's being investigated as a homicide

Agreed. Also, I don’t think the Saints are done. Watch them package those first rounders to move up further. They have their eye on someone. You don’t move from 18 to 16 for that.
This was my thought as well, Chris. Granted, they did get a second first-round pick. That might have been the goal but this feels like more to me.

New Orleans picks 16 & 19 are currently valued at 1875 points. Jets #4 is 1800, Giants #5 is 1700. Maybe that is their plan and they have a deal in place if their guy is there.

Washingtons #11 and #47 are a combined 1680. So…

New Orleans picks 16 & 19 are currently valued at 1875 points. Jets #4 is 1800, Giants #5 is 1700. Maybe that is their plan and they have a deal in place if their guy is there.

Washingtons #11 and #47 are a combined 1680. So…

That 205 point difference is a mid 3rd rounder this year. Or a 2nd rounder next year.

Hell yeah, sign him!

He has taken 2 years off in his early 30s? Wow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.