• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFC East Thoughts

Kerrigan in 90 is just wrong.

He should still be here. I truly believe if he was our D wouldn't have nearly the same problems they are right now.

He should still be here. I truly believe if he was our D wouldn't have nearly the same problems they are right now.
I did not consider that aspect but maybe you're right; it would definitely help to have that solid example. I think they thought they were getting a LOT more out of Landon Collins than they are. That judgement is costing the team quite dearly now. I always think about players looking at him and thinking "17 million" - it just reminds me of Josh Norman, although I would say Norman had more flashes than we see with Landon, even as he tailed off hard.

I did not consider that aspect but maybe you're right; it would definitely help to have that solid example. I think they thought they were getting a LOT more out of Landon Collins than they are. That judgement is costing the team quite dearly now. I always think about players looking at him and thinking "17 million" - it just reminds me of Josh Norman, although I would say Norman had more flashes than we see with Landon, even as he tailed off hard.
I think Norman did ok his first year or so. Collins is going to join Arch Deluxe in the Ring of Shame, and I didn't watch football during Archuleta's tenure.

I think Norman did ok his first year or so. Collins is going to join Arch Deluxe in the Ring of Shame, and I didn't watch football during Archuleta's tenure.
Yes, no comparison with Norman's first year, where it looked like we overpaid but we at least got solid talent. It looked horrible as his coverage ability tailed off (or whatever it was, he was getting burned more, let's just leave it at that), but even then he would have some plays here and there. I may be missing them (because like many of you, my ability to focus on this team has waned a bit even though I still try to catch at least chunks of games) but I just don't see those flashes with Landon. It is always tough when you have that big contract and you have to play up to it. I mean, I think there is that "average high" level where it could be ok, but when you are not even in the zip code of where you should be... yeah I think that can be pretty bad for a team too.

Arch Deluxe, man, that is a much better comparison. I think to their credit, these coaches have masked Landon's deficiencies slightly better. I mean the thing is, when you have some young DBs and then you have a guy like Landon in the mix, maybe you end up doing a lot more 1-on-1 than would be advisable. It's tough, we are seeing Jackson and Fuller struggle, but the unit can sometimes be only as strong as the weakest link.

All of this talk made me look at Landon's contract. It looks like they can dump him (PRE-6/1) next year if they think they can find replacement ability for 6 million. That is how I read it. I say yes based on what I have seen so far.

1634745853151.png

Before the year began, it looked like DAL and WAS could easily be the behemoths of this division, with a weak bottom in NYG, and then a rebuilding and uncertain PHI. Instead, we have a clear frontrunner. It makes me nauseous.

Need to find someone to blame, albeit he's not who selected Daniel Jones as QB

That’s a move driven by a Head Coach’s fear for his job.

Need to find someone to blame, albeit he's not who selected Daniel Jones as QB
Jones is well on his way to being a bust. Taylor Heinicke shredded Tampa twice. Jones...reverted to INT hero ball rookie Jones.

Only thing is that he turns elite against us out of all teams.

Garretts play calling is pretty bad. Watching the game Monday I was scratching my head quite a bit.

The refs are doing all they can to give the cowbums the game.

Fake false start
Medical time out.

Not even trying to hide it.

Refs couldnt stop that tackle at the 11 on kickoff though by the Raiders just now

Also not a block in the back.

These refs suck!!

Weirdest ending I've seen in a long ass time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.