• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFC East Thoughts

they act like the Iggles outright tanked the game. Hurts wasn't exactly lighting it up and the refs had a huge hand in helping them get one of those touchdowns.

I think the replacement was silly, but lets not act like they took out Tom Brady and replaced him with Mark Sanchez.

I do owe SilentThreat a ‘you were right, I was wrong, a blind man could’ve seen it’ for thinking Hurts must’ve been banged up for them to pull him. Still blows my mind they pulled him, but I think it was likely less about draft position, than having ‘seen enough of him to know he’s the future starter’ and wanting to make sure he didn’t suffer an injury in a meaningless game.

Is that move that much more egregious than the Steelers sitting multiple starters and giving the Browns a better chance at advancing to the playoffs?

They both sat starters that had they been in there might’ve impacted outcomes and other teams playoff fortunes...

I do owe SilentThreat a ‘you were right, I was wrong, a blind man could’ve seen it’ for thinking Hurts must’ve been banged up for them to pull him. Still blows my mind they pulled him, but I think it was likely less about draft position, than having ‘seen enough of him to know he’s the future starter’ and wanting to make sure he didn’t suffer an injury in a meaningless game.

Is that move that much more egregious than the Steelers sitting multiple starters and giving the Browns a better chance at advancing to the playoffs?

They both sat starters that had they been in there might’ve impacted outcomes and other teams playoff fortunes...

it's the exact same thing, it's just the Giants that fell short because of it so it's a problem.

If Cleveland would have lost, Miami would have got the final Wild Card spot.... but nobody is talking about that....

they act like the Iggles outright tanked the game. Hurts wasn't exactly lighting it up and the refs had a huge hand in helping them get one of those touchdowns.

I think the replacement was silly, but lets not act like they took out Tom Brady and replaced him with Mark Sanchez.
I totally felt like the refs were one sided in the beginning. That holding call on Cole was ridiculous

Leonard Williams is the only guy mentioned there that makes me nervous.

He won't be taking any inside routes LOL!

Kyler Murray bringing the fire.

Here is the key quote if you don't want to read the article.

When asked if he was a Cowboys fan as a child he responded with a loud and expressive, "(Expletive) no!"

"They were always a**," the Cardinals quarterback stated before revealing he was a Minnesota Vikings fan growing up.

Not an original btw! But I laugh every time I see it. I would snatch him up in a heartbeat btw…

Watching the Eagles get pushed around by New England. Seems to me if Jalen Hurts can’t stay on the field and do a viable Dak Prescott impression, the Eagles are in for a very long year. Joe Flacco is brutal. And there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot else.

Watching the Eagles get pushed around by New England. Seems to me if Jalen Hurts can’t stay on the field and do a viable Dak Prescott impression, the Eagles are in for a very long year. Joe Flacco is brutal. And there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot else.

Even the Eagles fans know it. It will be nice not hearing from that shit fanbase this season.

Yeah, it's always fun to celebrate a tough Dallas loss, but my real takeaways from last night are:

- Dak is right back to where he was before he got hurt last year (and that's alarming)
- their OL, sans their starting center, held up really well on pass pro against a crazy TB rush
- Elliott didn't get many rushes, but looked quick and picked up blitzes like he actually cared
- the Dallas D gave up lotsa plays, but also made a lot.

Hard to really make conclusions going forward though, because Tom Brady is really really good.

Despite a poor performance from their kicker, they were leading on the road against the reigning champions with 1:24 to go.

Worrisome.

I agree with Mark’s assessment. And yes, the WRs and TEs looked very good but keep in mind, TB could not get any pressure on Prescott until very late and probably only then because the OL had been on the field most of the night. Not to mention TB was playing its 2nd and 3rd string CBs and was without their best safety.

Prescott is a pretty damn good QB but we should know that by now.

I wonder if Todd Bowles' D has a systemic weakness against the Air Coryell derivatives like the entire NFC East runs. Because even with a superb and impenetrable run D, they can be beaten in the passing game.

I am definitely worried about how good Dallas looked. Prescott looked great, even though he clearly was not 100%. I'd hate to think what happens when he is back at 100% and can make more throws as well as use his legs to beat the D again. Maybe his shoulder won't be as strong with only a week between games, but there were plenty of throws he could make and they stuck to those. And let's face it, when you have receivers who can constantly beat their guy like these can, he can throw with less velocity and less accuracy because they are running wide open. I'm just hoping that they can unravel like they did last year. But even in a loss, I take no comfort in what I saw from them Thursday.

He looked good. But they drop him back 50 times in a game with a real pass rush, he may not have a long career. I'm not sure he will ever move the way he did before the ankle injury. But I hear what you are saying. He definitely is a very talented QB. It's easy as an opposing fan to minimize his abilities, but if we're honest we would kill to have a guy with his abilities in B&G.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.