• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Sad article out about Portis being in serious financial trouble.

I don't know why these players believe they'll ever be able to afford their NFL lifestyles after retirement.

Hopefully he can still use his name for appearances or even broadcasting to get back on track.

I don't find it sad. Pathetic maybe. I like Portis as a human being, but we all have to figure out how to live within our means. If we can do it, guys making millions ought to be able to figure it out. NFL players today get all kinds of counseling and help so they can protect what they earn. I guess it's 'sad' at some level that any still can't deal with it. But I don't feel sorry for anyone who makes millions and then foolishly squanders it.

Another former Skin that messed things up.

The Patriots have released former Redskins tight end Fred Davis about a month after he signed a one-year deal with the team. The decision comes on the heels of this week's minicamp.
New England's depth chart at tight end includes Rob Gronkowski as the starter backed up by Michael Hoomanawanui and Scott Chandler.

The 29-year-old Davis was once among the league's most promising tight ends. In 2011, he caught 59 passes for 796 yards and three touchdowns with the Redskins.

A series of failed drug tests derailed Davis's career. He was suspended for all of 2014 after another violation of the league's substance abuse policy, but had hoped to make a comeback in 2015.
Patriots cut former Redskins tight end | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Wasn't Clinton on an episode of mtv cribs at one point...showing off his house?

Seems he isn't alone...the majority of these cats blow through their money like they were Richard Pryor in brewsters millions.

Jason Reid keeps killing the Redskins for the qb situation but 2015 was not the year to go looking for a passer.

There were no free agents worth paying and the draft was shallow in re qb talent.

It made a lot more sense in a rebuilding process to better the areas of the team where the best opportunities presented themselves rather than pressing under unfavorable circumstances.

Reid was all over Allen and the team for trying to re-tool with veterans and trading picks, but now he is unhappy under McCloughan the team recognizes this is a multi year deal to get back to respectability? 💩

Not only is Reid a POS but he is showing himself to be quite the hypocrite.

Not to mention the constant beating up of the team for taking on RGIII's fifth year option... even though they can cut him at any time before 2016 without costing a single penny (unless he's injured). They keep ignoring that detail.

Nick

Not only is Reid a POS but he is showing himself to be quite the hypocrite.

Yep, the WaPo has a history of getting boneheads in the fold to cover the team. How Reid got a 'live' gig I'll never understand, he's never impressed me with any of his stuff... he can be aggravating.

The Skins need to win and soon, not only for our own sanity but to also get the grease off our hands after dealing with these guys.

Last edited:
Wasn't Clinton on an episode of mtv cribs at one point...showing off his house?

Seems he isn't alone...the majority of these cats blow through their money like they were Richard Pryor in brewsters millions.

did he show the blue dress with a stain?

sorry...wrong Clinton.

Amen serv....it's quiet ... too quiet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of too quiet ...

Jamison Crowder?

Weird.

Only if it's on the tiffany lamp and about to catch fire.

reading the comments on it I see 3 VERY funny things:

1 - it appears it is from last year and they are out of business
2 - they won't say REDSKINS but will put the logo up 2 times in the article
3 - apparently they did the same with the Chiefs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.