• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Why?

It's already not the Redskins any longer.

When we know the new name, it’ll change all over the site. We obviously won’t go back and change old thread titles which would be silly but we probably will edit threads like this one where folks will post in them for as long as the site exists. One of the reasons we would do that anyway is because it impacts search engine results and rankings.

FB_IMG_1642698707642.jpg

That one stings.

I’m not convinced Lefleur is anything special - we’ll see how great he looks when Aaron Rodgers isnt his QB. But the other two, yeah…

Yeah, I’m not sure about LaFluer either. As for Shanahan, I think he was the heir apparent until the wheels fell off in 2013. There was no way a Shanahan was coaching in DC after that.

As for McVay, he was the hot assistant and was bound to go elsewhere. They would have had to fire Gruden two years after making the playoffs and then losing the last game of the year to miss the playoffs. It was also the first back to back winning seasons since 91-92 (YIKES!). In hindsight, that would have been the right move. But at the time, it was considered risky because of the mild success that they were seeing. And unfortunately, with Snyder’s awful history with coaches, McVay may not have taken the job if Gruden was fired under those circumstances. I really wish that he was the coach here, but there was no way they were going to keep him hidden from other teams until Gruden failed. He was going to take the best job he was offered. He did and it worked well for him.

All 3 are proven winners... outside of our organization.

Players do the same thing when they leave here most of the time. I know it's not 2013 any longer, but that sucked.

Lefleur hasn’t proven anything other than he can win with Aaron Rodgers just like every other coach with him under center has.

Lefleur hasn’t proven anything other than he can win with Aaron Rodgers just like every other coach with him under center has.
That's more than any coach has done here. We've gotten all star caliber players and made them mediocre. He's done the opposite and put more pieces together around him to help them win.

Not sure what players mediocre players Lafleur has taken and made all-stars. Be interested to know.

What I am sure of is no coach here has had a QB remotely in Rodgers class since Lambeau last coached Baugh in 1952.

I’m with Boone on Lafleur. He’ll need to show me something once Rodgers is done. As of now he’s a younger version of Mike McCarthy, but without the Lombardi.

Not to mention that Green Bay just might be the most GM-centric team in the league.

Not sure what players mediocre players Lafleur has taken and made all-stars. Be interested to know.

What I am sure of is no coach here has had a QB remotely in Rodgers class since Lambeau last coached Baugh in 1952.

I’m with Boone on Lafleur. He’ll need to show me something once Rodgers is done. As of now he’s a younger version of Mike McCarthy, but without the Lombardi.
Preston Smith for one. Cobb for another. Both were on other teams and meh. Now they both are playoff regulars and helping teams win.

I'm not a fan of the dude, either. But, there is no denying he wins there and sets a good time we could have used years ago.

Preston Smith for one. Cobb for another. Both were on other teams and meh. Now they both are playoff regulars and helping teams win.

Probably not good examples. Randall Cobb was a superstar in Green Bay before LaFluer was there. He left and his career took a nose dive. He came back to Green Bay and posted the lowest reception total of his career this year. Even lower than the year he played only 6 games.

As for Smith, he had a great first year in Green Bay, and an awful second year. He bounced back this year with 9 sacks, but his tackle numbers were his lowest since 2016. He’s definitely been better in Green Bay than in DC, but LaFluer doesn’t have anything to do with the defense. He’s an offensive coach.

Probably not good examples. Randall Cobb was a superstar in Green Bay before LaFluer was there. He left and his career took a nose dive. He came back to Green Bay and posted the lowest reception total of his career this year. Even lower than the year he played only 6 games.

As for Smith, he had a great first year in Green Bay, and an awful second year. He bounced back this year with 9 sacks, but his tackle numbers were his lowest since 2016. He’s definitely been better in Green Bay than in DC, but LaFluer doesn’t have anything to do with the defense. He’s an offensive coach.
They're perfectly fine examples.

Cobb has as many touchdowns as McLaurin despite "lowest receptions". That means more.

Smiths lowest sack numbers match his lowest here. All others are higher and better.

Lafluer is the head coach who sets the tone. He hired the coordinators and makes the locker room what it is. You wanna give Ron all the credit for ",culture change" when it suits ya, you gotta give the same to douche canoes like lafluer.

Last edited:
This game is fun to play. :)

Cobb has been catching balls thrown by one of the best passers in the history of football. McLaurin ... has not.

Preston Smith has averaged two more sacks per year as a Packer than he did as a Skin.

As to the original point though ... Lafleur has fared damn well in his first head coaching position. No fair person would argue otherwise, I don't think. The man is 39-10 in the regular season--the best head coaching start ever over three years. It's fair to also point out he's 2-2 in the playoffs, with 3 of the 4 at home. So while no one can deny he's making hay, it's also impossible to overstate the context impact of having done it with one of the greatest QB's in history.

Which was the original point I was agreeing with Boone on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.