• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Project the Starting 22

You must be eating your oats lately because it has been one bold proclamation after another. :thumbsup:

Dre Kirkpatrick in the 2nd round? Ha! I'll take it, but...

The smiley was supposed to show that was a pipe dream...I mean, its possible he falls to the end of the first, but I doubt he makes it out of the 1st round.

And in your starting lineup:

Eric Cook? If Licht is healthy, he will get the nod at that position. And I think Willie Smith will get the nod over Jamaal Brown.

I think Willie eventually takes over for Brown, but not right away. As far as Licht is concerned, he tore his ACL in October. That means he might be back by training camp, definitely missing all OTAs & minicamps. I think Eric Cook snatches this opportunity and takes the starting job. Maybe Licht replaces him mid season, but we don't even know how his knee will respond, and might not see until midway through training camp.

Hank? If he wasn't coming off injury and had strung together a few more games like we saw in his first start last year, but I think Gaffney gets the nod.

I do think Carriker gets the nod over Jarvis Jenkins.

I think Hank is ready for minicamps and/or TC, and takes the starting spot.

The smiley was supposed to show that was a pipe dream...I mean, its possible he falls to the end of the first, but I doubt he makes it out of the 1st round.

Yeah I got that. I like the idea of a trade involving one of our 4th's for a 2nd. That could net us an almost certain starter at one of the positions of need.

I think Willie eventually takes over for Brown, but not right away. As far as Licht is concerned, he tore his ACL in October. That means he might be back by training camp, definitely missing all OTAs & minicamps. I think Eric Cook snatches this opportunity and takes the starting job. Maybe Licht replaces him mid season, but we don't even know how his knee will respond, and might not see until midway through training camp.

I think Hank is ready for minicamps and/or TC, and takes the starting spot.

I think all 3 of those positions depend entirely on how well the injured have progressed. The only reason I don't think Hank is on his way is because of a tweet I saw of his recently talking about the latest surgical procedure within the last month. But many here suggested it was routine so we shall see. I hope he can come of age this year, or at least continue to progress like he did before his injury last year.

I think all 3 of those positions depend entirely on how well the injured have progressed. The only reason I don't think Hank is on his way is because of a tweet I saw of his recently talking about the latest surgical procedure within the last month. But many here suggested it was routine so we shall see. I hope he can come of age this year, or at least continue to progress like he did before his injury last year.

Well, I'm no doctor, so its 100% guesswork from me. Hank's injury was a borderline surgery case from how I understood it, and they attempted to correct it without surgery and it just didn't respond the way they wanted it too. The reason they didn't just opt for the surgery was because its a quick (relatively) recovery time, and they had it as a 'fallback' option. Now, there's always the chance the hip doesn't respond to the surgery either, but I'd rather be optimistic. :)

Well, I'm no doctor, so its 100% guesswork from me. Hank's injury was a borderline surgery case from how I understood it, and they attempted to correct it without surgery and it just didn't respond the way they wanted it too. The reason they didn't just opt for the surgery was because its a quick (relatively) recovery time, and they had it as a 'fallback' option. Now, there's always the chance the hip doesn't respond to the surgery either, but I'd rather be optimistic. :)

I'm all for letting him come along slowly. Gaffney is more than capable. It would be real nice to see Santana have a Steve Smith style resurgence this season for the rook, let the youngsters get another year under their belts so by next season they will all be ready to step in for the loss of Moss and/or Gaffney.

I'm all for letting him come along slowly. Gaffney is more than capable. It would be real nice to see Santana have a Steve Smith style resurgence this season for the rook, let the youngsters get another year under their belts so by next season they will all be ready to step in for the loss of Moss and/or Gaffney.

Would be nice, but I don't see Moss on the roster come September. Especially if this cap mess doesn't get sorted out.

Would be nice, but I don't see Moss on the roster come September. Especially if this cap mess doesn't get sorted out.

I don't know. It looks like they tried to replace him with Royal, since that fell through I think they will keep Moss for one more season for that slot position. And I believe he will do well.

Of course if they can pull off a trade like you mentioned using Moss and one of our 4th rounders instead of Hall to get a 2nd rounder, you are probably correct. There is a lot of 1st round talent in the 2nd round of this year's draft. We should definitely try to get a 2nd round pick if it doesn't cost us too much.

Edit: Once again, New England has 4 picks in the 1st and 2nd round. I am not sure what we could dangle, but we all know they are willing to trade. Maybe we could pick up their late 2nd round pick for someone like Massie for the RT position or their earlier 2nd for Zebrie Snders.

Last edited:
I can't name a starting 22. Reason being, is, I think it's going to depend on what personnel we start off with. Sure, there will be guys labeled as starters, but I can reasonably expect to see those "starters" not on the field depending on personnel packages.

For instace, I think wide receiver is going to be a mixed bag all year. I'm not personally convinced Moss is going to be on the team, but if so, I think he's going to be a slot receiver for us. In fact, I think he'll be EXTREMELY productive in that role.

I really think you'll see a mixture of Garcon, Hankerson, Morgan and Gaffney moving in the X and Z spots.

Running back will be interesting, too. If THT returns, we could see him out there with the starting group from time to time, to sell pass as he'd be our best blocker. If not, Helu will likely start there, but Royster is more effective running tight zone in my opinion than Helu was last year. Helu is better at the stretch play with his explosion. Although I do believe that Helu is better at tight zone than Royster is at outside zone, but I could see Royster being out there with the first unit as well from time to time.

There's also no guarantee we go with a fullback to start the game. Ace back sets could happen fairly often, especially if we plan on getting Cooley and Davis on the field with two receivers. Or Davis on the field with three receivers. Four receiver sets mean no fullback and we're in an ace formation.

On the OL, that will remain fairly constant. If Lich isn't ready to go, Hurt will get the start. I like Big Mo, he improved a lot towards the end of the year. The rest of the line will likely look like it did last year.

Defensively, obviously London Fletcher is the question mark. Perry Riley will start at the other ILB spot, and production wise he was pretty solid. In his 8 starts, he averaged 8.5 tackles, .5 passes defensed and .125 sacks a game. No interceptions or forced fumbles, but he flies to the ball, and without London next to him he'd probably be the dominant backer and those numbers would improve. With London, his numbers will be down a little due to London's production and nose for the ball. However, without London we have a hole. As of now, that's Lorenzo Alexander starting.

Corners will be Hall and Wilson. Though, I'd like to see Wilson cover the opposing team's top receiver and Hall on the number two.

Safety will likely be Meriweather and Griffin, although I could see Gomes starting in Griffin's stead and Griffin playing the slot receiver. I could also see cases where Hall moves to the slot and Griffin takes the outside receiver against certain teams.

Defensive line I could see an extremely dominant pass rush group with Bowen, Jenkins, Carriker as our three DL. But I think our primary three will be Carriker, Bowen and Cofield. We paid Carriker too much to come off the bench. Jenkins will see plenty of PT, though.

OLB offers no question marks: Kerrigan and Rak.

Edit: Once again, New England has 4 picks in the 1st and 2nd round. I am not sure what we could dangle, but we all know they are willing to trade. Maybe we could pick up their late 2nd round pick for someone like Massie for the RT position or their earlier 2nd for Zebrie Snders.

New England is LOADED at WR.

Welker, Lloyd, Stallworth, Ocho Cinco, Edelman, Anthony Gonzalez.

Plus tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski.

I can't see them trading for Santana with that group.

the problem with these things is we don't know who's training camp fodder and who's not. yes, some of those deals they've made so far are (on the outside) too large to consider 'training camp fodder'. but we don't know what the real deal is, or if it has outs. there may be roster requirements that get the skins out of almost all the contract; this was how they get them in the door, but can cut them at the last minute if they need to.

although, there is the argument of why would these guys sign if there was a risk of being cut. all i know is every year the starting roster on opening day is not at all what we expected it to be in april. :)

i mean hell the last two years it looked like a brand new team on opening day...

New England is LOADED at WR.

Welker, Lloyd, Stallworth, Ocho Cinco, Edelman, Anthony Gonzalez.

Plus tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski.

I can't see them trading for Santana with that group.

I was thinking more along the line of D-Hall. But the draft seems to be CB heavy so that trade is unlikely, plus they should be getting Rows-I Dowling back. Maybe future draft picks, but that wouldn't be wise having made the trade for #2.

Couple of things, Ry. First, do we really want Sleepy to "light it up"?

More importantly, what was the Panthers' record BEFORE Cam came? 2-14, which he improved by four wins last year. Neo's argument is not about win total isolated, but about improvement from year to year with a competent QB. I think Neo is saying that with mediocre or competent QB play, the Skins can look for a better record next year. Given just how dreadful Rex was, I don't think that's too much of a stretch.

I somehow missed this, first off Goalie you dirty sob I spit coke all over my keyboard, lol im still chuckling, second, Neo has presented a good argument actually, I just have no confidence in our oline to keep a young guy upright.

Hence the interest in Griffin's 4.38 speed.

We should be further along on the OL than we are.

A #4 overall for Williams and a $27M deal for Brown and a $20M deal for Chester?

With those not immodest investments we should be turning the corner just as Griffin arrives.

We shall see.

Shanahan doesn't seem that worried about it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.