• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Post-Draft needs via Veteran FA's

One of many experimental iterations ...

@SkinsGoldPants

The Rookie
Reaction score

I will start by saying I am happy with our draft. I am fine with every single pick they made.

I also do believe they tried to move Haynesworth early and often.

That being said, in this current NFL Climate, are a number of Free Agennts available out there.

The Skins current need veteran depth at OL, LB and DB in my opinion.

Who do you guys think they should at least kick the tires on? Faneca? Adalius Thomas?

At this point, would you be open to bringing back some of the vets they cut as backups? Randy Thomas? Smoot?

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

I think Thomas is done, but I'd be game to bring back both for vet min and depth, if they measure up

mugsy27

The Rookie
Reaction score

no to any of the vets WE cut. im fine with others. nothing personal against smoot or thomas and the others...but we need to change the culture of this team...and letting those guys go is a huge part of that.

Jimbo

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

I can't see Randy Thomas in a ZBS and Smoot would really be more of a Free Safety. I think I'd rather have Darren Sharper over him. I've heard rumors of Buchanon being tried out as FS so we might stand pat there.

At this point, I really don't see any more additions being made unless Rocky gets dealt and we feel like we need another LB.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Post draft needs:

1. Veteran OT for depth/spot starter until Williams transitions to starting lineup

2. Free Safety

3. Outside linebacker opposite Brian Orakpo for the 3-4. Carter already failed in this assignment once before.

4. NT if Maake Kemoeatu is not ready by training camp in late July.

5. Kicker. I don't trust Justin Medlock or Graham Gano to kick a pressure field goal against an NFC East opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0