• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Playoff picture

Let's not sleep on the Eagles.

Yeah, that's what I was saying before the Cleveland game and we went in there with a 2nd string rookie QB and put it on a hot team. I am more confident about the game against the Eagles, in Andy Reid's final game in Philly, than I have been for any game in years!

Yeah...Philly will be a breeze. That team is the Redskins circa: the past 20 years right now. Andy is a lame-duck head coach at this point, Foles is up and down, their starting RB has a concussion and their backup, while talented, fumbles the ball once every 10 carries.

I'm super confident about this game. If its Cousins and not RG3 I'll be slightly less confident, but not much.

I think as the playoff picture takes shape it's ok to discuss what may and may not happen. Especially in a thread entitled 'playoff picture.' :)

I don't think anyone takes anything for granted around here.

Better yet, how about we just beat the Eagles. This game is HUGE for us... if you've been a Skins fan for any amount of time, you know this is the game we lose in the past... Philly would love to play spoiler to us and you know they're going to be gunnin for us. I'm absolutely confident in this team.. but we can only afford to take it one game at a time.

a win and a cowboys and giants loss next week secures the division.

a win and the bears and Vikings loss secures at least a wild card.

Better yet, how about we just beat the Eagles. This game is HUGE for us... if you've been a Skins fan for any amount of time, you know this is the game we lose in the past... Philly would love to play spoiler to us and you know they're going to be gunnin for us. I'm absolutely confident in this team.. but we can only afford to take it one game at a time.

I'm passed the whole "we used to lose this type of game thing" - that ghost was busted with the shellacking of a poor Cleveland team on the road; now THAT is a game we used to lose, in heartbreaking fashion!

I've moved on to "something special is brewing with this team" - and fully expect a repeat performance of the Philly game at FedEx to kick off this winning streak, or even better.

I think RG3 will be back behind center, and the Eagles again will have no answer for him.

No, it doesn't.

We have to win both games to secure the division.

Best we can do next week is clinch a playoff spot, with a win, and losses by Minn, Bears, and Giants.

just to be here at this point is great...but like tha players say , one game at a time !

No, it doesn't.

Best we can do next week is clinch a playoff spot, with a win, and losses by Minn, Bears, and Giants.

Yeah, Dallas can still take over the division if they lose this week and beat us week 17, assuming we beat Philthy. Redskins MUST win out, it is imperative; they control their own destiny, but there is very little wiggle room.

The easiest thing to do is concentrate on winning the next two games and the Division. Then you don't have to worry about anyone else.

Nick

Seattle is a different team on the east coast. I'd LOVE to get them at FedEx and mete out some playoff revenge.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I think folks in the Buffalo area might want to add something to that first sentence.

Don't play them in freakin' Toronto!

As it stands right now, Dallas has an edge on us in the "Common Foe" tie breaker. Today they are 8-3 against common opponents while we are 5-5. This is the third tie breaker and if we beat Philly but lose to Dallas we would be tied with them on the first two: head to head and Division record. We also lead them in the 4th tie breaker which is Conference Record but that would not come into play as we would lose to them on the 3rd tie breaker.

So winning out is the only way to go.

So winning out is the only way to go.
Yikes! No pressure. :)

At the same time, I feel like for a lot of the team, they have to be pretty pleased with what they've been able to do in what it's in many ways Year I of the RGIII Era.

That's not to say that it won't be a huge disappointment to all involved if we can't make a run in the playoffs (or don't even make the playoffs). But to some degree, I don't think the pressure is on as forcefully as it could be (or perhaps might have been at the beginning of the season) given how volatile our performances have been and how much better we've started playing during the latter half of this season.

We've made pretty substantial strides to generating a good team -- not a mediocre team that's on the cusp of lame, but a genuine good team with some excellent players. That's not to say there aren't issues, but I think we can address a lot of them and the thought of returning and being even better next year (in the event we don't win out this year) doesn't seem as far fetched to me now as it once did.

All of that combines, I think, to let the team play looser and less conservative which generally means that they can be more creative instead of playing "not-to-lose" which is how some recent Redskins teams have played IMHO.

In sum (of my rambling post), we're on the right track and I think that takes some of the pressure off and in some ways makes me think we'll more likely to play better.

Icing on the cake here is that we're actually a pretty decent team.

Last edited by a moderator:

a win and the bears and Vikings loss secures at least a wild card.

No, it doesn't.

Yeah I was coming in here to correct that after hearing the information on 980 on my way back from lunch.

Skins can clinch a wild card this weekend.

However they cannot clinch the division. A loss by dallas this week, and a win against the redskins, with the redskins beating the eagles, puts them both at 9-7.
But I guess they changed the tie breakers a year or two ago, and divisional tie breakers now go head-to-head, divisional record, common opponents, then conference record. the cowboys beat us in common opponents.

edit: and I now see everyone's already said what I just said. bloops :)

We cannot clinch a Wild Card this weekend.

If we win and Seattle loses, they would still get the Wild Card ahead of us with a win the following week and if we lose to Dallas.
We'd have the same conference record (7-5)
They'd have a better record against common opponents: 4-1 vs. 3-2

EDIT: Scratch all that, because assuming the above scenario & if they win in week 17 and we lose, they'd be 10-6 we'd be 9-7, so it wouldn't even go to tie-breakers.

As Neo said, winning out is the way to go!

With a win this week, Seattle clinches at least a Wild Card berth (they can still win their division with two consecutive 9er losses and two wins).

Looks like as long as win this week the week 17 game against Dallas will be huge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.