• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Play-by-Play Data for every NFL Play since 2002

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Interesting... I already had a project for the offseason, I'm now wondering how this will change that...

thank you for sharing!

Interesting... I already had a project for the offseason, I'm now wondering how this will change that...

thank you for sharing!

Wow. I'm impressed. I have a list of things to get done today that sits on my desk, and you have a list of things to do a month from now. Kudos.

:)

Wow. I'm impressed. I have a list of things to get done today that sits on my desk, and you have a list of things to do a month from now. Kudos.

:)

Hah!

No it's something I just can't even fathom trying to do while the season is going on. I still have to send an email to serv about it ;)

I'm distracted enough already.

As it currently stands I don't imagine I'll ever get to it. But one can hope :)

If anyone here has been like me and refused to buy Excel, this one does no good unless you find another program to open the files (they are csv files).

That being said, I'm off to do that now so I can memorize all of this data and come back and argue with everybody about a miniscule, useless statistic :laugh:

csv files can be opened in any text editor including word, notepad, etc.

CSV is a file format that's good for using programming to break the data apart and import/export between different programs that display data in a table/spreadsheet sort of way (excel for example)

if you want a free office-like suite just use open office (google it). their spreadsheet program works enough like excel for you to get buy without buying the actual program. it's what I use on my computers when I don't have access to a free version of MS Office.

edit: serv - we should do something with this :) if you can come up with interesting things to analyze statistically I can break it apart really really easily using R :)

csv files can be opened in any text editor including word, notepad, etc.

CSV is a file format that's good for using programming to break the data apart and import/export between different programs that display data in a table/spreadsheet sort of way (excel for example)

if you want a free office-like suite just use open office (google it). their spreadsheet program works enough like excel for you to get buy without buying the actual program. it's what I use on my computers when I don't have access to a free version of MS Office.

edit: serv - we should do something with this :) if you can come up with interesting things to analyze statistically I can break it apart really really easily using R :)
I have notepad and Microsoft Office 2010 Starter, and the file wouldn't open at all in either of them, that's why I mentioned it. Free programs are readily available everywhere though so it's a non-issue, just takes some looking.

I've known about this database for a while, actually. I don't have the time-and to be honest, enough interest to do it justice as far as mining all the potential relationships, pattern discoveries, cluster analyses, rule inferences and trying a multitude of learning algorithms and various other forms of information digging that could be done with it. I have data mining and statistical software I play with from time to time but I usually restrict myself to moderately sized data sets even when I do use them.

I have too many other interests going on. Sorry.

There is an area of data mining devoted to anomaly detection. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.