• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pierre Garçon: Welcome To DC!

That drop was just awful. Thankfully moss scored on the next play but when you have a rookie backup in there you HAVE to catch the ones he throws on target. Garcon definitely seemed off today. That cant happen next week, especially if Cousins starts.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Those two passes he "dropped" today were both suspect of alligator armed plays were they not? The first one looked like he was gonna get popped in the ribs and he "dropped" it, the other looked like he was gonna get popped pretty good and he again "dropped" it. All the talk about him being tough it definitely got called into question today. I'll be looking at this real close over the rest of the games. I hope I'm wrong.

If Moss was still capable of being a #1 receiver, the Redskins COULD have waited for Garcon and given him some time.

The reason Shanahan needs him out there is because Moss is no longer a consistent threat. He can make some plays, but he is not a 45 rep player that is going to scare a defense.

Morgan to me was a poor signing. You don't give a player who has never had a 60 catch season and was injured most of 2011 a free agent contract for guaranteed money on Day 1 of the free agent period.

Morgan is playing adequately. He's on pace for about 40 catches and 500 yards? I think that's pretty much what we brought him here to do.

So far the big disappointment of that bunch is Garcon.

Morgan is playing adequately. He's on pace for about 40 catches and 500 yards? I think that's pretty much what we brought him here to do.

So far the big disappointment of that bunch is Garcon.

Only because he was injured - I have to believe he's not back to 100%.

So, you really think 40 catches and 500 yards is worth a $4.5M cap hit for 2012?

Geez, no wonder the Giants won the Super Bowl last year and not Washington. They were paying Cruz and Manningham less than $2M TOGETHER for Victor to go to the Pro Bowl and for Manningham to play hero in the Super Bowl.

Yeah Lanky, for the money we should be getting more from Morgan and Garcon. And Hank is being misused. We have yet to take advantage of his size out on the edge. I'm sorry, but Hank is not a slot receiver...and he should never run a reverse! He's not fast enough!

That was directed at Henry, I think. I have been against the Morgan signing since day one. :)

And I agree whole-heartedly about Hankerson. If he never runs another reverse, it will be way too soon.

Hankerson hasn't done diddly squat. Garcon same, Moss is a #2 at best. The Skins have the qb but our wrs are as bad as the dbs at this moment. I'm hoping Garcon catches on and starts producing. It's pretty sad actually.

Really? Garçon hasn't done anything? What about the 88-yard catch and run against the Saints? If he was healthy, he'd be a much bigger part of the offense.

my problem with garcon is dropping passes yesterday.
if you're not healthy enough to hold on to a ball that hits you in the hands you shouldn't be playing at all. those were concentration issues (in my opinion)

Well, he is supposedly playing with a lot of pain in his foot, which has to be distracting.

Oh ye of little faith.....there is no reason to question Garcon.

He's the best receiver we've had in a decade, His QB was off, he's learning a new offense, and he's recovering from an injury.

Give him a few more weeks before we hang him.

So, you really think 40 catches and 500 yards is worth a $4.5M cap hit for 2012?

Geez, no wonder the Giants won the Super Bowl last year and not Washington. They were paying Cruz and Manningham less than $2M TOGETHER for Victor to go to the Pro Bowl and for Manningham to play hero in the Super Bowl.

Where do you get that number? I've got him counting about $2.8 million against the cap. And yes, that's fine for what he's doing for us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lps-skins-manage-cap-charge-with-morgan-deal/

But even if that's wrong and he does count 4.5 mil against or something, that would still make his cap hit something like 28th amongst WRs, and he and the comparable Garcon are our most expensive WRs. I'm happy the Giants did so great last year with their WR cap hits (of course this year they are paying their QB $13 mil or so compared to $3 mil for ours ... so yay us) but they present an exception. Most teams do pay SOMETHING for their starting WRs. Cap-wise ours are still relatively cheap.

I was not a big fan of the Morgan signing, but the guy is doing what he's supposed to be doing. Garcon is not, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Oh ye of little faith.....there is no reason to question Garcon.

He's the best receiver we've had in a decade, His QB was off, he's learning a new offense, and he's recovering from an injury.

Give him a few more weeks before we hang him.

I'm not hanging him - but he needs to hold onto the ball in critical situations. No excuse for drops. It's no different than a kicker missing a gimme kick.

5 games into the season, the best receiver we've ever had has done very little to live up to expectations. The injury bug is no excuse, that is part of the game. He came at a high cost, he needs to produce and he has yet to produce as a #1 receiver for this team. We're about one third of the way through the season and he has 2 TD's...one was when he fell on a fumble.

Stat line after 5 games: 8 rec 158 yds 1 td

I kept my mouth shut in the offseason after the signing, I was even ready to say I was wrong after the 1st half of the season, but I am afraid this will go down as another poor attempt to get a #1 WR from someone who has never been more than a #2.

Stat line after 5 games: 8 rec 158 yds 1 td

I kept my mouth shut in the offseason after the signing, I was even ready to say I was wrong after the 1st half of the season, but I am afraid this will go down as another poor attempt to get a #1 WR from someone who has never been more than a #2.

Whoaaaa. Hold on a second. We've already seen what he can do....both here, and previously at Indy. It's not like this is some rookie coming out of college, where we wonder if he can play in the pros. He's certainly proven he can do that.

So where does the problem lie?

Guess how many targets he had against Tampa Bay? Wait for it......wait.....1.

That's right. 1 target to our #1 receiver. And he caught it for a 20 yard gain.

Prior to that, he was injured. And prior to that? He caught 4 for 109 yards.

I can spot a bust a mile away. Notable busts that I identified in less than 24 hours of their singings: Zorn, Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and Cundiff leap to mind.

So are we going to run like a Gibbs 2' 1980's NFL offense, or are we going to throw the ball like a 2012 offense?

You've already seen what happens when we get him the ball. So let's get him the ball.

Let's check back in a few weeks. I believe your frustration is more with our coaching and his injury, instead of the player himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.