• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pierre Garçon: Welcome To DC!

From what I've seen, it's not serious, and Pierre plans to play this weekend. Shanny I think escribed it somewhere as similar to turf toe, but higher up, which hopefully means it won't flare up as much.

I'm actually a bit concerned about this. It's not uncommon for stress fractures to not show up on an Xray right after an injury, but days or weeks later. I've seen the effects linger for extended periods of time even after the bone has mended. Over a year in some cases.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Yeah, I think it will be something that lingers and bothers him all year:

Mike Shanahan said:
No, it’s kind of like if you have turf toe, but it’s not your toe. It’s in the middle of his foot. So it’s just a nagging injury that I’m not really sure of right now.

Turf toe is a bruise in the joint capsule of the big toe, usually accompanied by stretched or torn ligaments. This sounds like he has that around a bone in the middle of his foot, and is something that won't heal fast, especially if he keeps playing on it. Then it will just be a matter of how much he can tolerate the pain.

Based on what little we know today, my instinct is to sit the man this week. Let Robinson, Hankerson, Morgan, Briscoe & Moss (LLC?) carry the torch in St. Louis with that nasty artificial turf. After what happened Sunday, we're playing with house money for at least one game.

Based on what little we know today, my instinct is to sit the man this week. Let Robinson, Hankerson, Morgan, Briscoe & Moss (LLC?) carry the torch in St. Louis with that nasty artificial turf. After what happened Sunday, we're playing with house money for at least one game.

Did Hankerson even don a Redskins jersey last Sunday ???

Strange how our "projected up and coming" receiver (who some had listed as high as #2 on the depth chart of receivers) literally disappeared the entire game, especially when Garcon was removed and Briscoe was inactive, and Banks is...well....kind of invisible himself - not that he can help that.

Without question, the best receiver we've seen since #81.

And please don't take that as any slight against Santana.

Like OM, I agree. Sit him for a week.

Sorry I found no other place to put this so now its here....

“Since Shanahan took over, you can see where this team has grown,” fullback Darrel Young said. “In 2010, Santana goes down, and it was, 'Where do we go from here?’ And even last year, he went down and didn’t come back till the Seattle game, was out four weeks and we just started a losing streak and didn’t do any of the things we did prior to that, in the first quarter of the season. This year, it’s just different.”

No Darrel. Its not different. We still need our #1 receiver, we are on a 2-game losing streak without him.

We scored enough points in St. Louis and against Cincinnati to win those games in re the wide receiver position. Garcon makes a positive difference but the negative differential of the OL and CB have been too much to overcome.

We scored enough points in St. Louis and against Cincinnati to win those games

Um... no we didn't. We lost.

Our defense has kept us in it for a decade, oh well. Brees didn't have a defense for a few years, he did well, Peyton didn't either, he did well. Tom Brady's defense has sucked for a while now. The guys on offense are going to have to realize that the defense sucks. Am I happy about it? No. This offense has a chance to carry the team for the first time in ages. How bout it!

I'm probably in the minority in wishing they'd keep him out until he's truly 100% and fully healed.

I'm probably in the minority in wishing they'd keep him out until he's truly 100% and fully healed.

I'm with you, for sure. Seems like every time we've brought someone back too early, they get injured worse.

I'm in the "don't play him until he's healed" camp with Boone and Lanky myself-we need to give game-time reps to the rest of our WR corps as well as, as Lanky said, avoid aggravating Pierre's injury any further.

We're good enough without Garçon to put up points against Tampa Bay-there are tougher opponents down the road for whom I'd rather have him healthy.

This injury sucks. Same problem for the Gnats with Hicks. Colston had this too no? Nothing but trouble.

Garcon better become more than he's been or this will make the Josh Morgan signing seem like a good one. He almost redeemed himself, but he needs to step up! He has made stupid penalties and dropped key passes on critical 3rd downs. He has proven to be anything but the best WR we've had in years. The injury is no excuse!

I agree. He needs to step it up big time. He's been a disappointment for me so far in 2012. He's shown flashes, but more often than not, they've come in between bad plays.

Garcon better become more than he's been or this will make the Josh Morgan signing seem like a good one. He almost redeemed himself, but he needs to step up! He has made stupid penalties and dropped key passes on critical 3rd downs. He has proven to be anything but the best WR we've had in years. The injury is no excuse!

Maybe, in addition to Turf Toe, he has Turf Finger ? :whoknows:

He sure as hell didn't earn a #1 wr paycheck today.

He can hold onto 3rd down passes that hit him in the chest, for starters Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.