• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Schefter: Rams will trade second pick

We must all remember this is the time for smoke and mirrors. If take every word read or heard in next 60 days you will have lung cancer.

Do I believe mulitple teams have inquired about #2 pick...yes. How many of these teams are just doing due diligence? There are a lot of games being played right now.

I understand how these games are played, even if on a much smaller scale. Sometimes it isn't what is said, but how it is said.

Hate to say it folks but if the compensation is more than a switch of first round picks this year and a first next year, we need to walk away and implement a Plan B.

If that is Tannehill or a veteran free agent so be it.

At some point you get to be like the Vikings in the Herschel Walker deal, where you set ANOTHER team up for ultimate success and fail yourself.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

While I know you have to draw a line somewhere, I keep looking at Griffin and wondering where that line really is. Can you put a price on returning a ancient and storied franchise to relevance? Can you put a price on a guy who could fill the whirling vortex for nothingness that has been the QB position in Washington for 2 decades now?

I'm not sure.

Granted, it is a team sport and you have to have something to go with your talented QB but a Top 5 QB can certainly make up for mediocre talent at the other 10 positions on offense. This team has shown that it has at least mediocre talent at those positions and in some cases more than mediocre.

While I love the direction this team went last year with the draft and I truly want to continue with that direction, I look at young Mr Griffin with his physical and mental gifts, and his professional attitude, and I wonder if there is a price too high...

Neo...all exellent thoghts. One thing you need to add to the list...cuz you know it factors in with some decision-makers in the chain: RGIII will bring in a lotta bucks for a lotta years.

Hate to say it folks but if the compensation is more than a switch of first round picks this year and a first next year, we need to walk away and implement a Plan B.

If that is Tannehill or a veteran free agent so be it.

At some point you get to be like the Vikings in the Herschel Walker deal, where you set ANOTHER team up for ultimate success and fail yourself.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I get your point....but QB is different from RB

Would you go back in time to tell the Giants the same thing, and that they should walk away from 2 time SB champ Eli Manning and stick with Rivers?

Would you go back in time to tell the Giants the same thing, and that they should walk away from 2 time SB champ Eli Manning and stick with Rivers?

I know it's conjecture, but I bet they still would have won Championships with Rivers. They did not win because of Eli. He was a part of the team and has grown leaps and bounds, but I believe they did not win them because of Eli. Trent Dilfer could have won championships with the Giants, at least the first one in the 07 season.

I know it's conjecture, but I bet they still would have won Championships with Rivers. They did not win because of Eli. He was a part of the team and has grown leaps and bounds, but I believe they did not win them because of Eli. Trent Dilfer could have won championships with the Giants, at least the first one in the 07 season.

Not sure I could disagree with a statement more than that one. Rivers has never struck me as having the mental game to withstand a big time playoff or SB game. He and Norv were made for each other. As much as I hate the Giants and Eli, he is a hell of a QB.

Not sure I could disagree with a statement more than that one. Rivers has never struck me as having the mental game to withstand a big time playoff or SB game. He and Norv were made for each other. As much as I hate the Giants and Eli, he is a hell of a QB.

So you're saying Eli is the reason the Giants won their 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years?

Nope. I'm saying he was a big part of it, and that Rivers would have choked.

Nope. I'm saying he was a big part of it, and that Rivers would have choked.

Kind of unfair when he's had precious little opportunity to prove you wrong though. Rivers was a hell of a college QB, and if you ask me, if it weren't for him the bolts wouldn't have had half the success they've had. QBs can't do it all themselves, and I think plugging in hypothetical 'if this guy had gone there' scenarios isn't always valid. Sometimes it's a matter of fit, some luck, and timing - not always about the talent.

Just my opinion. But Rivers has made Norv look pretty damn good for large stretches of the last 10 years. That's no small feat :)

Meh. I think Rivers puts up great numbers that artificially inflate his worth. Just my opinion. And I don't mean to give the impression that I don't blame Norv as well. I just think he's a stats QB; Eli, who we were discussing originally, is more of an intangibles guy to me.

And the Chargers teams were pretty damned stacked over the last 5-10 years. Blame Norv for a lot, but I also think Rivers has shrunk in big moments.

What Rivers does works.

Eli, who we were discussing originally, is more of an intangibles guy to me.
If by intangibles you mean throwing up more BS prayer heaves that get answered than any QB currently playing, then I'll agree.

Goober is a good QB. But his luck is even better.

And for the record, Norv, as a head coach, couldn't win it all with an All-Madden team vs my old High School team.

Poor Eli. Even if he wins five more SB's, he will NEVER outgrow/overcome this in some people's eyes.

images

For the record? I think he's perhaps the most underrated player in the NFL today.

I'd take him on my team in a NY second. :)

I think Rivers's performance reflects that of his coach rather than the other way around. I suspect under Coughlin he'd be less consistant when things were going well, but better under pressure.

I think Eli is a good QB. I think he's a great QB under pressure. During the last two minutes of a half I don't know that there's a QB I'd rather have in the league over the past few years. I do think for the other 28 minutes of each half the rest of the team has to play a little better than it should. Sometimes it does, and then they win a lot of games.

I'd take either QB here any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Back to the original point: I'd be ok giving up a 1st and a 2nd to swap draft spots with the Rams, but if we get away with paying less than that, I'd be quite pleased, and very encouraged about the way our front office has been operating the past two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.