• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Rumors fly of Jammal Brown to the Redskins

True - thought of that as well. Then again, how many could we turn a full year's complement of picks into?

Don't get me wrong - I have zero issue with this move - I think we're potentially getting tremendous value for the price. I'm not opposed in any way to the idea of getting proven, vet players for picks that might otherwise be spent on unknown quantities. I'm just recognizing that come next season (and season's beyond), moves like this definitely limit your team's ability to go young and build from the bottom up.

Didnt I read that we get a 5th or 6th back from NO? If that's the case I'm totally cool with the move. We'll still have a decent amount of picks.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Read this on Yahoo........I realize it'd never happen (not even close), but wouldn't it be great if we could pull two 1st rounders? Just imagine.....

The standoff summons memories of 1997 when defensive tackle Sean Gilbert, who had given the Redskins a good first year after being acquired from St. Louis for a first-round draft choice, held out the whole year. Washington finished 8-7-1, just missing its first playoff spot in five years, before dealing franchise player Gilbert to Carolina for two first-rounders in the spring of 1998.

From what I've read we will probably have the same amount of picks, but just slightly lower ones in the later rounds. Everything after the 3rd is beyond a crap shoot, so to me that's nearly a wash. So in essence we got Brown for virtually nothing, that is just stunning. The Redskins FO of the past decade couldn't have pulled this off with guns to their heads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.