• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: RG2 Wants Art Briles To Coach In Washington

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
PTI: RG2 Wants Art Briles To Coach In Washington

PTI is reporting that RG2 has now come out openly pushing for Art Briles to be the next HC for his son.

I don't even have the energy to get upset at the dysfunction around this franchise anymore. With that said, there are two very clear problems with this:

1. RG3 didn't even have a playbook under Art Briles. So now, Art Briles is going to suddenly absorb NFL playbooks?

2. We don't need RG2 picking out our next HC. Players will despise our QB. 0-16.

Who would Pierre Garcon's father like?

How about Alfred Morris? What does his father think?

Does it ever stop?

I missed the Draft a Heisman Trophy Winner and get his Father Free sale at the NFL draft in 2012.

What an awesome and pleasant surprise this is for us here in Redskins Nation.

RG3 sees nothing wrong with this. Not a good sign.

I can see this getting really fugly before everything is peachy again... worse case scenario RGII orders RGIII to demand a trade or he holds out next year if Shanahan returns.

Overbearing parents are always bad. Junior needs to step back and let his son grow up. Can't be a man with somebody doing everything for you.

I personally don't believe anything out of Cornholer and or Wilbon. Both are full of more shit than a septic tank.

I can see this getting really fugly before everything is peachy again... worse case scenario RGII orders RGIII to demand a trade or he holds out next year if Shanahan returns.

Sadly, that doesn't sound too far fetched. It would be a complete disaster if that happens. At some point, RGIII might want to sit his father down and tell him that RGII is going to ruin the career of RGIII. As much as I and most don't want to admit it, RGIII is at the starting path of being labeled a coach killer. We are far from that stage, but he is at the crossroads of going down the path, and I fear his father could be leading him there.

Pretty sure I read over a week ago that Baylor has redone, or is redoing Briles contract to keep him from going to the NFL, namely Washington.

It will only stop when fans stop getting all bunged up with every article or comment made by some ass hat that has a media credentials. Weather his dad made the statement with strong conviction, or in passing said it would be cool to reunite Briles and Robert, the mediots will run with it, often taking what somebody said out of context to push their agenda.

We may be dysfunctional, but the media over hypes it. Who the **** cares what his dad says. Do you think he sat down with Shanny, Bruce, or Snyder ? It likely went down with a reporter chasing him down, and asking if he would like the two reunited, and then spin it to say he's pushing for it. Then it gets to the jack whads on PTI, and BINGO ! another controversy...

We drafted him and gave up more than the Broncos did for Elway.

Now we find out there are flaws and he is uncoachable and his father a meddler ?

Sounds like somebody didn't do all of their homework .

Recall that there were 5 or 6 teams that needed a qb and only Washington and Cleveland were willing to pay the asking price St. Louis had set .

But you keep responding to the content of what they report.

As do we all .

We drafted him and gave up more than the Broncos did for Elway.

Now we find out there are flaws and he is uncoachable and his father a meddler ?

Sounds like somebody didn't do all of their homework .

Recall that there were 5 or 6 teams that needed a qb and only Washington and Cleveland were willing to pay the asking price St. Louis had set .

All players have 'flaws'. He's 'uncoachable' - says who? You? And you're basing that on the experience Griffin has had under Mike Shanahan (you know, the Mike Shanahan you've spent months ripping as incompetent and self-serving - and often times, deservedly so)? Those of you who have ever been able to control your parents, tell them how to act and what to do, let me know how that went for you? Griffin is young. He'll figure it out. He's not stupid. He's not an ego-maniac, he's not all about the money, he wants to win and be an on-the-field star. That's what I believe.

Of all the people responsible for this franchise being a joke, we're going to blame a guy who's worst sin is arguably trying to come back too soon from a total knee repair? Nice.

Anybody but Briles. Literally, anybody but Briles.

Garcon: Coach, so what route do I run on this play?

Briles: You just line up on the right side and get open.

Lmao! This can't possibly be true!

Spurrier had a playbook. Zorn stole some plays from somewhere, and was a QB.

But Briles? You cannot be serious! You can't even give this guy an interview.

It's possible that it's a leak from Shanahan. It's possible that it's bs from a reporter.

It's very possible that it's fake, and that this guy has changed his ways:

RG2 Wants RG3 to Throw More, Run Less

Ya, I read that when it came out in May of this year. Got anything from this week ? Last week maybe ?

Redskins sources deny latest allegations against Robert Griffin III, father

Looks like RG II hasn't had much contact with the team from what this article says. Sounds like he's a real pain in the ass to me... :)

The idea that Griffin is so self-absorbed, arrogant, and stubborn that he is impervious to coaching is ridiculous. This guy has done nothing but excel - in every possible way - including during his first year in DC. The idea that he did so while totally disregarding every effort to coach him is just comical.

Some of this may be true, some may not but the "Journalists" nowadays take pride in stirring the pot and pat themselves on the back when getting big reactions. I put them in the same category as ambulance chasing lawyers, car salesmen and onions. All are rancid.

It's stunning to see such blind belief in so much unsubstantiated BS.

Or, maybe pathetic is the word.

Thank God nobody around here is anywhere close to being in charge. We would then actually be the laughing stock so many wrongly profess us to be now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.