• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: RG2 Wants Art Briles To Coach In Washington

The hilarious thing is, if everyone besides Griffin is so damn coachable, why do we suck nearly across the board with some of the worst secondary, offensive line, and special teams play in the league? And why the huge drop-off from last year. Griffin must be awfully poisonous - he's destroyed the Redskins in a single season with his 'uncoachability' :)

I believe it's Shanahan's coordinators and assistants who may be 'uncoachable'

In April - The media is just making up bullshit, there's nothing wrong with Shanahan and Griffin relationship, look at them smiling together
In August - The media is just making up bullshit, there's nothing wrong with the Shanahan and Griffin relationship, look at them smiling together
In October - It's really just media making up bullshit
In December - It's really just the media making up bullshit

There's a whole lot of bullshit being made up over the last 8 months. I'm sure the relationship between Griffin and Shanahan is great and there are no problems at redskins park. I'm sure RG2 hasn't caused any problems. Just the media stirring the ol' pot.

And Ax - our owner behaves like majority of our fans opinions (at least the opinions they claim to have), so I wouldn't be so quick to thank God.

The hilarious thing is, if everyone besides Griffin is so damn coachable, why do we suck nearly across the board with some of the worst secondary, offensive line, and special teams play in the league? And why the huge drop-off from last year. Griffin must be awfully poisonous - he's destroyed the Redskins in a single season with his 'uncoachability' :)

I believe it's Shanahan's coordinators and assistants who may be 'uncoachable'

our o line has actually graded out well according to the people that do such stats.

for whatever that's worth.

I keep clicking my heels together saying there's no place like home and yet I still wake up to this, just make it stop. Why is a 3-11 team the focal point in sports media right now??

tshile, "BS" doesn't always mean there is no truth involved. It's the extent of it's damage that usually gets blown so far out of proportion that it becomes BS.

Joe Gibbs and Riggins weren't buddies. But Riggins was given preferential treatment all the time. Dave Butz bypassed Beathard to negotiate his own contracts with Cooke. Didn't stop Gibbs from getting the job done. Why should Shamahan be given any sympathy whatsover for being a nutless prick, even if it's all true.

Jack Kent Cooke was a class-A rich prick. He was the original architect of our 20yr sabbatical. He hired Norv Turner. He built FedEx.

Winning, made all the warts disappear.

Oh I don't think Shanahan should be given any sympathy. He had the power, contractually, to stop/prevent/fix all of this and he decided not to or proved not capable. That's on him.

I'm with you that there's a lot of BS surrounding the team right now. The smart move is probably staying out of it all and seeing what Snyder does after week 17, it'll tell us everything.

But the constant writing off of every report by every media person solely based on the premise that they're a member of 'the media' and completely ignoring personal connections and track records of disseminating information at this point, after 8 months that has led us to where we are right now, is kind of funny to me.

It's as funny as the people chasing every chicken in the room.

I keep clicking my heels together saying there's no place like home and yet I still wake up to this, just make it stop. Why is a 3-11 team the focal point in sports media right now??

A good question.

There are many people who think this is not unique. I don't see other 2, 3, 4, or 5 win teams hording the bullet points on the talking head shows.

Part of me believes the media's general vitriol toward Snyder is why this is blowing up so large, Coughlin and Eli aren't taking this much heat for that debacle in NY this year and that's a larger media market.

A good question.

There are many people who think this is not unique. I don't see other 2, 3, 4, or 5 win teams hording the bullet points on the talking head shows.
Because they're not at the top of the NFL financial, or historical, food chain.

The Brokeback Boys have a better record than we do, and they're getting it pretty good right now. After we beat their ass and knock them out officially (Eagles would need to beat Chicago as well) they'll be getting even more negative attention. At least until the media gets back on their jock in August.

And, if handled well enough, we'll be soon forgotten, and the national negativity will subside quite a bit. Locally, the press will continue to be off-the-hook critical, no matter what we do.

No....matter...what.

Part of me believes the media's general vitriol toward Snyder is why this is blowing up so large, Coughlin and Eli aren't taking this much heat for that debacle in NY this year and that's a larger media market.

Winning a couple Super Bowls as a Coach/QB combo will buy you some leeway and goodwill.

I don't know what to think anymore. I do know that for nearly two decades we've refused to believe any negative tidbit being reported until it's too late. At this point, I'm inclined to believe there is some truth in some of the reporting, as there has seemed to be much of the time. RG did not progress enough in the pocket, regardless of the Oline play. Maybe it's all tied to the knee and he should have simple sat out. I sure hope so given the investment. But remember this. The apple seldom falls far from the tree. Some of what we're seeing in his father's behavior was surely passed down to the son. Shanahan is an inflexible SOB, IMO, and that may be the main issue. I guess time will tell.

I'd put money on Art Briles going to Austin or re-upping with Baylor, but that's just me. I'd prefer Kevin Sumlin over him anyway.

All valid points but the thing spiraled out of control for Griffin and Shanahan after not sitting Griffin after the first knee injury against the Ravens.That is a horrible spot to be in for the gm,coach and qb. Ponder that for a moment...Griffin and the Skins are on one of those special kind of seasons with Griffin being discussed as a MVP candidate and ROY. Griffin is hurt. Cousins stepped in and looked great follows it up with a nice performance and win against Cleveland. Redskins management looks really bright smiles all around...That is when it went off track. Griffin says he's good to go... all off season Redskins management takes a beating from the media. Shanny is in a tight spot and in my mind he was just unlucky. What ever qb he choses he will be second guessed if RG3 falters....I don't blame anyone in this situation. (Had Griffin won or lost the game against Seattle) the off season would have been far different if he leaves the game the way he entered....to me that's what happened. the media always wants to find winner/loser and fire up the fan base....
In April - The media is just making up bullshit, there's nothing wrong with Shanahan and Griffin relationship, look at them smiling together
In August - The media is just making up bullshit, there's nothing wrong with the Shanahan and Griffin relationship, look at them smiling together
In October - It's really just media making up bullshit
In December - It's really just the media making up bullshit

There's a whole lot of bullshit being made up over the last 8 months. I'm sure the relationship between Griffin and Shanahan is great and there are no problems at redskins park. I'm sure RG2 hasn't caused any problems. Just the media stirring the ol' pot.

And Ax - our owner behaves like majority of our fans opinions (at least the opinions they claim to have), so I wouldn't be so quick to thank God.

All valid points but the thing spiraled out of control for Griffin and Shanahan after not sitting Griffin after the first knee injury against the Ravens.That is a horrible spot to be in for the gm,coach and qb. Ponder that for a moment...Griffin and the Skins are on one of those special kind of seasons with Griffin being discussed as a MVP candidate and ROY. Griffin is hurt. Cousins stepped in and looked great follows it up with a nice performance and win against Cleveland. Redskins management looks really bright smiles all around...That is when it went off track. Griffin says he's good to go... all off season Redskins management takes a beating from the media. Shanny is in a tight spot and in my mind he was just unlucky. What ever qb he choses he will be second guessed if RG3 falters....I don't blame anyone in this situation. (Had Griffin won or lost the game against Seattle) the off season would have been far different if he leaves the game the way he entered....to me that's what happened. the media always wants to find winner/loser and fire up the fan base....

Well, I don't really disagree with any of that, except that I think Griffin holds a significantly larger share of the blame than most others seem to want to give him.

He's the one that lied about being hurt in the seahawks game (we have video/audio of this, it's not disputable)
He's the one that went out on interviews with his father taking shots at the coaching staff
He's the one that started an 'All in for week one' campaign and held press conferences during training camp talking about how he's doing his part and how he hopes others 'keep their word' making any decisions that didn't involve him playing week 1 impossible to make for the organization.

I think the fundamental problem is one of two things:
Either Mike having his son run the offense created a situation where Griffin had no input on things because he couldn't go to the HC and say - hey, our OC is not taking my input and not doing things the way I want. This forced Griffin to turn to the media (and if you believe the reports, forced him to turn to Snyder/Allen, but there's no proof this actually happened. yet.)

or

Griffin was given a long rope due to his super star status (either by Mike, or Snyder, probably both) and he's hung the entire season with it, and Shanahan finally got fed up with it. If this is the scenario that played out, then his share in the blame is even larger and we have an even bigger problem at Redskins Park than we think

As for the media's role, I think majority of the people here are well aware of what their role in all of this is. I give the people on this board quite a bit more credit in that regard than the people on the radio, or where ever else you want to pull fan sentiment from. I just have a really hard time believing this is all the media stirring the pot. This crap storm started months before the season even started and been snowballing ever since. There's truth in these reports, there has to be, it's just impossible to tell how much of it is truth.

He's the one that started an 'All in for week one' campaign and held press conferences during training camp talking about how he's doing his part and how he hopes others 'keep their word' making any decisions that didn't involve him playing week 1 impossible to make for the organization.

That couldn't have anything to do with Adidas at all. I'm sure in his vast egotistical fury he went up and demanded that Adidas do that specific campaign.

That couldn't have anything to do with Adidas at all. I'm sure in his vast egotistical fury he went up and demanded that Adidas do that specific campaign.
:)

I'm sure Adidas had a lot to do with the marketing campaign. He still went along with it, and he held those press conferences and said the things he said on his own.

My issue isn't that he wanted to be back, or that he worked as hard as he did. In fact I applaud him for that and sincerely appreciate the effort. That sort of character has been missing from this locker room for a while (the whole - come here to get paid culture.) My issue is it feels like he created the atmosphere where sitting him was not a legitimate option, and in hindsight I think it's clear sitting him for 2-6 weeks should not have only been a legitimate option but in my mind it was likely the best option.

Shanahan has his own fair share of blame in that situation as an enabler.

Most of the issues you mention with RG3 are easily correctable. It's called youth...things came far too easy for RG3 the Heisman,the 2 horse race between Him and Luck. He got caught up in it. So did I...He will have a quiet off season with his health. I know he can throw the ball with speed and accuracy. I've seen it. It's not like he can't...but he never regained that accuracy this season for more than a quarter or two a game. It was there though! I saw it with my own eyes. Here's hoping a new coach and coordinator come on board and help him find a comfort zone in which to operate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.