• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Scot McCloughan expected to be the new G.M. in Washington

His point was that no NFL genius hits on every future HOFer and they all occasionally miss. And that's not debatable.

So, I guess what you are saying is that for the guys who worked out, McCloughlin gets all the credit...for the whiffs, and I'd say passing on Rodgers was a huge whiff, we should all blame Nolan?

Rodgers was a stud at Cal. He almost led an inferior Cal team to beat USC at their home that year. How's his attitude worked out?

Hey, don't ask me, ask Mike Nolan.

It's already been stated that McCloughan likes to work with his Coach and give him the Qb he wants.

Doesn't make him less of a GM, IMO .

Hell, I always wondered what would've happened if Beathard moved up a few spots and drafted Marino instead of Green. Doesn't make him less of a GM for missing out on a franchise Qb, does it?

I like the hire, although I think there's a chance the guy hasn't gotten a handle on his personal issues and they may undermine him again. I am not convinced one guy, no matter how smart he is, can fix 20 years of organizational fumbling. But I hope he's that unique guy. Truth is - I'm looking forward to have someone who is going to shake this team, franchise, and front office up. And I mean shake it up. Because doing what we've been doing hasn't worked consistently for a long, long time. Shake it up McLovin!

Well, there's another guy that struggled with drinking, even tried switching to beer, and he turned out OK.

image.jpg
Dude. :)

I like the hire, although I think there's a chance the guy hasn't gotten a handle on his personal issues and they may undermine him again. I am not convinced one guy, no matter how smart he is, can fix 20 years of organizational fumbling. But I hope he's that unique guy. Truth is - I'm looking forward to have someone who is going to shake this team, franchise, and front office up. And I mean shake it up. Because doing what we've been doing hasn't worked consistently for a long, long time. Shake it up McLovin!

You beckoned?

Jameis.jpg

That's the best post I've ever seen from you, Mike lol

I'm glad you feel that way. A little surprised, to be honest.

I said shake it up. Not **** it up.

It was just a bunch of garbage before..

It's not shocking it changed in to Winston. How do you feel about his dad being in the middle of all his decisions and all in the media?

If I recall you hate that about Griffin and his pops.

LOL.....you said you wanted to try something different.

:joyous:

It was just a bunch of garbage before..

It's not shocking it changed in to Winston. How do you feel about his dad being in the middle of all his decisions and all in the media?

If I recall you hate that about Griffin and his pops.

I don't think his dad is a problem. At least I haven't heard him complain about anything yet. But it's nice when the parents stay out of it for sure.

His dad is trying to plan his future and get in the middle of them before he even hits the stage.

I think Iverson mom.

Well for his sake, I hope not. It does seem like he might want to get in front of the cameras.

Here here Boone. couldn't have said it better myself. We go nowhere until winning takes place. The fact that these were positive moves doesn't mean winning is guaranteed. And if we continue to lose, it doesn't mean that Snyder is the reason. The effort has been made. That's all we can ask for. If it doesn't pan out, we'll be asking why. (Except for those Snyder bashers who are narrow minded and can't see past their nose. They have already made up their minds it won't work plus have already decided its Snyders fault. I tune these folks out, they bring nothing to the table.)

But as I've already said, it will take more time, more time than is involved when bringing in a new head coach. The GM is here for the long term, so we can expect long term results. There are no miracle workers in this business. It is all about building a team from ground up. The fastest way that can be made possible is for the GM to sync up with the head coach, get on the same page with the same scheme and make it work. I never had a warm and fuzzy feeling that Allen knew what Gruden was trying to do. So there's that honeymoon to get beyond. And like I also said, Gruden will in all likelihood be gone by the time it all starts to gel. But the GM will still be here to carry out the plan. The winning will be confirmation change has occurred.

I believe Allen was in sync with Gruden, what Allen generally doesn't do is go out and over pay for older talent and he stays away from the generally flashy players he did last offseason and has in the past but that is generally the exception than the rule people point to miss draft picks in Tampa I don't know where he fell withen league average but I was looking over Ted Thompsons draft list by some considered to be one of the best in the league and there is a lot of misses on his list but them GB has been stacked for years

we also know Gruden believed in Dalton who did work "the scheme"...and who....let's face it.....isn't a winner either.

While he has not win in the playoffs he has won in the regular season

I don't think Bruce is done making changes I wouldn't be surprised if more front office changes occur as they are identified over the course of the next year

While he has not win in the playoffs he has won in the regular season

well....not directed at you...but big whup. Dalton in playoffs = Loser. bending to Gruden's scheme by the X and O isn't necessarily the formula for success.

Wade Phillips tomorrow.

Wonder what Scott thinks of Wade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.