• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Eric Mangini to interview for Washington defensive coordinator

BGO

Eric Mangini has been coaching the tight ends with the 49ers of late, but he made his name as a professional coach on the defensive side of the ball. He may be headed back. Dianna Marie Russini of NBC Washington reports that Mangini will interview for the vacant defensive coordinator position on Jay Gruden’s Redskins…
b.gif

More...

Not sure what to make of this one... I would think of Jay liked Wade it would already be a done deal.

Not sure what to make of this one... I would think of Jay liked Wade it would already be a done deal.

Yeah, maybe he wasn't overwhelmed by Wade? Or maybe Scotty Mac wants to be a part of it, even if the final decision is Jay's.

When has salary ever been an issue in DC

Good point Boone.

Mangini doesn't excite me that much. He coat-tailed on the success of the Patriots and Belichick (who liked him quite a bit). He was the defensive backs coach there from 2000-2004 where they finished ranked 12, 8, 10, 26 and 24. In 2005 he was made coordinator and led the defense to a 26th place finish. He somehow turned that into a head coaching job. Five years as a head coach with two teams he finished with a 33-47 record and one playoff loss. Eh...

This guy must give a great interview.

Probably nothing more than reviewing all their options, I haven't heard of anyone else interested in Wade at this point.

So we know Phillips, Berry, and Donatel interviewed. We know Mangini is Monday. Any others?

Dick lebeau agreed to part ways and lebeau is not retiring.

It would be criticized and scrutinized by every mediot and fan but he could make something happen in the 3-4

He is 77 Mike. I'm absolutely not an 'agist'. But that is getting pretty long in the tooth.

He's a legend who has done amazing things with defenses. He'd be a lot better than anyone we've had since Gregg was here.

But, whatever.

We should bring back Bill Arnsparger and Petitbone while we're at it.

Just for trivia's sake, my mom worked in the University of Kentucky's athletic dept, which included Blanton Collier, Bill Arnsparger, Don Shula, and several other NFL notables. Don Shula came by our house when I was just a kid. Nice man...

Just for trivia's sake, my mom worked in the University of Kentucky's athletic dept, which included Blanton Collier, Bill Arnsparger, Don Shula, and several other NFL notables. Don Shula came by our house when I was just a kid. Nice man...

Yeah well I ate at his steakhouse once!
put that in your pipe and smoke it!

:buttkick:

Given how many times Wade has been promoted midseason to interim HC, anyone think maybe Jay is a bit paranoid about his job security if he hires Bum Jr?

Forgive me if I'm late to the party but the more I think about this the I think either Bruce or McLovin called in a favor to give this guy an interview... God I hope they don't hire him.

Maybe they are performing due diligence because the guy they really want to talk to is still in the playoffs. If the dude is your guy and you need to wait a couple of weeks then you should wait. If you already found your guy, you lock him up like they did with Scot.

They haven't found the man just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.