• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins to audition potential Cundiff replacements Tuesday

I have to laugh. All of these kickers are out of work which means they failed somewhere else............and here there are people that look at them as saviors :laugh:

let's face it, there are no game-changers available at this time of year, just retreads.

I don't see anybody looking at them as saviors, just the options presented to us thus far.

Gotta side with Boone here; this isn't a "regular" job, this is the NFL! Unless there is a rift of some sort we don't know about, you jump on the chance to get back in the league!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I hereby declare, that our new kicker should be, Kai Forbath.

Why? Because his name isn't Billy Whiff-It.

And, I have no idea who he is.

And, he hasn't been cut by 17 other teams.

And, I'm curious how you pronounce his name.

The local radio guys that cover the team seem to think that Shanny just doesn't like Gano, no explanation or insight as to why.

Many comments about doing what's "best for the team" and Shanny backing off pride-wise if Gano does come in and performs better than others.

Well, he does have a rep for being egotistical. I can't imagine Gano would turn down a chance to come back just because he was cut...there has to be more to the story (if it even really happened).

Anyone else notice when you're watching other games that it seems like every other team has a former Redskins kicker?? I'm sure this is commonplace for most teams with a few exceptions, but I find it pretty depressing.

I have to laugh. All of these kickers are out of work which means they failed somewhere else............and here there are people that look at them as saviors :laugh:

let's face it, there are no game-changers available at this time of year, just retreads.

Saviors ?

Who's calling them saviors ?

You're just hearing the sound of desperation from fans who are hungry for anything BUT a clown at the kicking position. So, I suppose a "retread" would seem like a "savior" by comparison.

Next year, we need to just say, "**** it, we're actually going to spend a draft pick on one of the top kickers coming out of college."

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo
Source says Redskins signing Kai Forbath.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen
Preseason stats for kickers at #Redskins Park today: Olindo Mare (3/3, long 43), Josh Brown (3/4, long 42), & Kai Forbath (5/5, long 55).

who i this forbath guy and can he kick a fg when it matters?
He is a kicker, sent by the Gods, to wash away the pain of the last 20 years, when going for it on every fourth down, might have been less heartbreaking.

He's a California boy, so he'll need to learn how to kick in the cold, but finally, our long winter of kicking folly, has come to an end.

He is a kicker, sent by the Gods, to wash away the pain of the last 20 years, when going for it on every fourth down, might have been less heartbreaking.

He's a California boy, so he'll need to learn how to kick in the cold, but finally, our long winter of kicking folly, has come to an end.

i'm confused. if he's so good why is he available?

who i this forbath guy and can he kick a fg when it matters?

A spaceship came and dropped him off. You're focusing on the wrong part of the story!

No experience in regular season and rest of the league is happy with what they have.

Sheehan@980 says (paraphrasing) that from Cundiff's sweet spot all other kickers are close to if not at 100% success rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.