• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins still not ready to yield in cap fight

Everybody seems to think Shanahan and Allen have a plan, including themselves. Because it's impossible to improve the team through FA thanks to the NFL's, and North America's, biggest assholes it appears to me "The Plan" is to depend on our OWN players getting better. Is that REALLY a plan?

Most of us agree we need to improve the secondary and the RT spot. We lost Hall. He may not have been elite but we have yet to replace him with someone better. We appear to be replacing Polumbus with a couple of guys who, on paper, are more mirror images of him than improvements. And I'm sick of hearing about Compton. He's a freaking raw 6th round pick who didn't play a down last year and you're depending on him to fill a huge spot vacated by a guy who won't be back and another guy we spent a 2nd round pick on and cut.

We may or may not, depending on promises made for 2014, be losing Fred Davis. Yes we won without him but you have to wonder if our offense would have become even better throughtout the season had he not been hurt. Therein, lies the rub. We lost Rak, Davis, Merriweather and others to injury fairly early on and lost Jackson to suspension. Could having these guys back make us better? Possibly, but there are still holes and we've done NOTHING to fill them with better players than what we had.

We cut a starting CB and don't yet, and probably won't at this rate, have money to replace him. Do you REALLY believe the guys we already have on the roster are better? If so, why were we trying to acquire Aqib Talib, and God knows who else, with Monopoly money?

It looks to me, at this point, like we're hanging our hat on the players the team was able to retain, as well as this year's draftees. THAT'S "The Plan" and it's a HUGE gamble but what else can we do.. I just wish they'd stop saying ,"We have a plan" and just come out and tell the fans AND the mediots, "Because the NFL decided to play by their own rules and screw us without due process, and because we don't have the balls to go 'Al Davis' on their asses, we're not going to be players in FA until next season. We're just going to go out and fight with who we have and hope it gets the job done". THIS would give me a lot more respect for both Shanahan and Allen.

And while I'm at it.......DEATH to Goodell and DEATH to Mara. Fargin' Bastages.

This concludes this edition of "Rant On".

If RGIII is healthy, we're at least 8-8, regardless of who we field.

If our pass rush improves because of returning injured players, our db's improve automatically, again regardless of who is back there.

And, we played a lot of young, unproven guys last year and look what happened.

That one piece of Mara crap falling from above isn't enough for me to say the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end.

I'm with you on that one. Just to add to that,regardless of the outcome for the upcoming season I would hope the Skins stay the course and deal with the last year of the cap penalty without compromising the future. Yes the cap penalty sucks a bunch....let's ride this season out and come out with something to build on for the next decade. HTTR:thewave:

If RGIII is healthy, we're at least 8-8, regardless of who we field.

This statement actually proves Jimbo's point
Because of Shanahan's lack of plan, and flawed plan of insisting on leaving an injured RG3 in the Seattle game, we may be WITHOUT this "healthy RG3" that you speak of. So, even 8-8 could be a stretch for this year.

time to hold another press conference and ask pretty please for another explanation.

time to hold another press conference and ask pretty please for another explanation.

Public extortion with barely a whimper. :mad2:

May not be this year or even next but Mara's BS will come back to get him one of these days. I just hope the media as a whole has the nards to point out it was because of this **** when karma finally does bite.

Shouldn't the innaccurate thread title be changed ?
Yes.

How about...

Snyder, Shanahan, and Allen Bend Over For Heir Goodell and His SlaveMaster Mara

Also Revealed: Redskins Brass Confirms Sex Change Operations

Or maybe...
The Three Mouseketeers!

Spineless, Gutless, & Nutless!

The NFL HQ is like a crime family. There's only one way to bring down a crime family.

Eh, for being such wussies, we should lose all of our draft picks this year.

So for the record...the Redskins should have effectively sued themselves for collusion?

There's an old saying about noses and faces.

Or was there another option.

What if the fans organized, hired a law firm, then sued?

I know - silly thoughts. :)

So for the record...the Redskins should have effectively sued themselves for collusion?

There's an old saying about noses and faces.

Or was there another option.

Except that the problem is, they weren't colluding. They were conducting business as usual in an uncapped year, right? The collusion comes into play when there was this secret agreement to NOT spend freely in the uncapped year. So no, they would not be suing themselves.

That's missing the point LL. I'm asking what specific legal or other remedy those critical of the team for not having the stones to "do something" about this would have had the team pursue? Namely, something that would not put their own interests in jeopardy as well?

That's missing the point LL. I'm asking what specific legal or other remedy those critical of the team for not having the stones to "do something" about this would have had the team pursue? Namely, something that would not put their own interests in jeopardy as well?

I wanted them to sue the league. Its possible they were warned, and its possible they even acknowledged the warning - doesn't make it any less illegal for the league to penalize them. If they went about business as if there was no salary cap, then they were not colluding.

"Sue them" is a very broad brush. Sue them for what specifically, if not collusion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.