• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins still not ready to yield in cap fight

Maybe they'll request adding another year to the penalty, allowing them to take a $9mil hit the next two years, instead of the full 18 this year.

It's still caving. But they'd see it as more manageable.

Maybe they'll request adding another year to the penalty, allowing them to take a $9mil hit the next two years, instead of the full 18 this year.

It's still caving. But they'd see it as more manageable.

That's actually not a bad guess...I could see that happening. Much more feasible than Allen stepping down.

Interesting:
There is a lot of chatter in the agent community that Roger Goodell's shocking memo before the start of the legal tampering period was, at its basis, a form of collusion by the league. A handful of teams I talked to at the combine thought the three-day negotiating window would be a windfall for the players as they jacked up prices on the top free agents. Funny how that suddenly went away when Goodell issued a memo shortly before the period that scared everyone out of talking numbers. Agents are saying that the teams are now using the three-day window to their advantage by trying to get the players to take the cheaper deals in hand rather than risk losing money once the market stops. We've seen that with some of the deals struck over the weekend for players to stay where they are.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/03/thoughts_on_har.html

Coach Shanahan and GM Allen will address the cap situation in the presser at 4:30 pm EDT.

I think the press conference was a last gasp attempt to again sway the media to our side. Perhaps they're hoping some last-minute tough questions are put to Goodell in hopes we'll get some kind of a break before FA officially starts.

The Emperor probably has his phone turned off and will be on the golf course until 4 PM tomorrow.

Either that or maybe the skins and league have something going on. Where if the team drops all legal options and publicly announces they DON"T believe it was collusion then they'll get a small portion back. It's the only way i can see this making any sense where the team isn't going ape**** on the crooked league and Players Union.

Believe i'm going to stay out of these threads from now on cause it's nothing but aggravation to even think about all of this. Like blood boiling kind of anger.

Will the other teams get an increase in cap space from what is stolen from the Redskins again this season too?

Snydershrugged the answer to that is unfortunately yes.

I was constipated before reading about the collusion again, but now I need to go take a John Mara then wipe my Goodell.

Snydershrugged the answer to that is unfortunately yes.

I was constipated before reading about the collusion again, but now I need to go take a John Mara then wipe my Goodell.

Makes my blood pressure rise to bad levels.:censored::censored::censored:

Last edited:
Just saw this - it explains a LOT.

Irony. Giants tried to sign Albert Haynesworth in 09 before Skins gave him $100M (http://nydn.us/Z1nqDZ ). Big Al said Giants bid $80M.

I forgot we outbid them...this is most likely what Mara is still butthurt about, nothing else. What a toolbag!

EDIT: After the debacle we went through with Haynesworth, you'd think he would be GRATEFUL that we saved them from Fat Albert. But no...Mara is like the rich prick in an 80s movie who is the ring-leader of all the other rich pricks, and picks on the new kid b/c his girlfriend that he treats like garbage is into him.

This entire story from the beginning has been a 'so what'. The team has really done nothing to advance an argument that would make the NFL move off their position.

Too much smoke and no fire only makes the team look bad.

If you aren't going to court to challenge the collusion then, drop it and move on.

This entire story from the beginning has been a 'so what'. The team has really done nothing to advance an argument that would make the NFL move off their position.

Too much smoke and no fire only makes the team look bad.

If you aren't going to court to challenge the collusion then, drop it and move on.

Amen. That's what I've been saying all along. Picking your battles wisely (as I think serv and others have advocated for) is fine, but there's little point in feigning outrage and floating (apparently baseless) threats if you aren't willing or able to follow through on them.

But it still doesn't change the fact that

Attachments

• Goodell sucks.jpg
    Goodell sucks.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 125
Amen. That's what I've been saying all along. Picking your battles wisely (as I think serv and others have advocated for) is fine, but there's little point in feigning outrage and floating (apparently baseless) threats if you aren't willing or able to follow through on them.

IMO The crying to the media is nothing more than a show for all of the pissed off fans. I think it calmed down a lot of them by making them think there was nothing they could of done about it.

Hell, maybe just maybe there was NOTHING we could have done about it. Maybe legal counsel came back and said don't waste you're time? We'll never know unless Snyder gets backed into a corner and follows through down the road...Doubtful.

I also doubt some kind of back room handshake deal was made with the league because if it was, why would the FO then grandstand about being slighted?

**** it all. Its over. Mara got what he wanted, we are somewhat crippled this year by the cap, our lack of draft picks and the injury to our QB. I heard one of the local beat reporters on the radio today say we are just gonna have to grit our teeth through this year.

We've gritted our teeth through worse, that's for sure. **** Mara. :thumbsdown:

the fact the lame and useless NFLPA would now file with the Redskins on this as plaintiff against the NFL is just a sad punch line to the whole affair.

Is there anyway that the lack of signings is being done intentionally so there is a firm case stating that the penalties have damaged the team or something like that?

I know I'm grasping at straws

They were over the cap enought to have to cut and restructure existing expenditures just to sign our own guys and a few low grade FA's. So far only Zo has been (openly) a casualty of the cap.

They may have had some cap enough to make offers to prime FA's they considered worthy of bringing in but they could not compete with teams with more space.

The local air guys and their "sources" speculate that with Allen's open declaration that the league did not collude earned the Skins some sort of 'chit' to be cashed in later. Simple politics.

I doubt any public knowledge will be had as to what that cashing in will be.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.