• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: ESPN commentator on RG3: “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really”

BGO

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III recently said in a recent interview that he didn’t want to be defined as an African-American quarterback. One ESPN commentator says that raises questions about Griffin. In fact, ESPN’s Rob Parker said Thursday morning on First Take that as an African-American, he has a lot of questions about Griffin. “My…
b.gif

More...

Seriously?

How are white folk supposed to see black folk as just folk when even black folk can't see themselves that way?

What a tool. Amazing how people that friggin dumb get the jobs they do.

That's so bad. What in the holy hell was he thinking?

During one of the pressers with Griff a reporter 'was doing a special on Martin Luther King' and introduced the African American spin again, I suppose it'll pop up more than we wish it would and with some unfortunate iterations.

Watching the interview, I was more curious about how that bump on his cheek was treated after noticing the slight discoloraton.

I guess there are instances where having an Ivy League education is overrated. :rolleyes:

There are people on blogs and sports talk radio defending this guy.

I'm not down for the struggle, cause or keeping it real........ Real dumb that is.

This is absolutely disgusting. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is freakin crazy, and the fact that ESPN actually REPLAYED it, and hasn't taken any action further discredits them and shows how arrogant they really are. This horrible, and had this been ANY other media outlet they would have been all over it, talking about ignorance and reverse racism.. this is completely out of line and I dont know what's worse... what was said... or the lack of reaction.

:hammer:

Blacks hatin on blacks is nothing new look at how Olympian Gabby Douglas was getting grief about her hair

Another example of a jealous man wanting to keep "his own people" down. Martin Luther King would have come unglued.

This guy is not alone. If you read his twitter feed he received lots of support from other black people (their twitter avatar is a picture of a black person, so i am assuming when I say that)

That's not to suggest they aren't all idiots, just that he's not alone.

It's just a shame griffin was mixed up in this when he had nothing to do with it. And to bring his fiance into it as well? ESPN should show some balls and do something about it. Maybe griffin can just refuse to do interviews with them.

At least he doesn't have to address it, everyone else in the world is for him.

Griffin appears to be professional, mature, smart, and extremely talented.

But he's not 'black enough' for people like Parker to admire or even respect.

Hate to see what it is he respects.

Is Mike Vike 'black enough'? Is that who you respect and admire? Is that who you want representing 'black people' for you?

Interesting that at the bottom of the page, under Related or Similar Threads, is a thread called "What Kind Of Insect Is This ?"....is that to say that Rob Parker is an insect ? If so, what kind of insect is he ? Because he sure is bugging a lot of people.

Completely agreed.

In fact, Jim Vance is a local news anchor for NBC 4 - he's been here since i was a little kid. Always been a die hard redskins fans.

He opened up the nightly news cast last week (i think?) with a little op ed segment on Griffin. He talked about how wonderful Griffin is, and how he'd love to have him over for dinner.

But... Who he's really impressed with, and who he'd really rather have over for dinner, and who he really respects for Robert Griffin III is his parents - and he said the media needs to be paying more attention to the parents, and how they raised such a wonderful kid.

He went on to say we could all learn a thing or two from his parents.

By the way, in case whatever article(s) everyone is reading doesn't mention this, this isn't Parker's first run in with a current skin

The Detroit News suspended Parker for two weeks in 2008 after an erroneous report claiming then-Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins was involved in a fight that sent another student to the hospital. He resigned as a columnist with the paper following an interview where he asked then-Lions head coach Rod Marinelli an inappropriate question about his daughter.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/13/3764818/espn-response-rob-parker-rg3-comments

BSPN response: https://twitter.com/espnmikes/status/279378807113273344

This is pretty typical from the "world wide leader" these days, and the main reason I rarely watch anymore, other than MNF. They are always looking for the controversial angle, and often plumb the depths of stupid to do so. The only thing shocking about this for me is that Skip Bayless isn't involved somehow. What a joke this network has become!

Also, on what planet is being intelligent and well spoken a bad thing for any race? I just don't get it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

Feel free to join me in sending in a complaint.

You can also contact them via phone if you're so inclined, 888-549-3776. They are open from 8am to 1PM EST, every day. You will get that number/info if the auto-response email when you submit a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.