• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Per NFLN: Kirk Cousins to Start vs. Browns

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Rival Allegiance
Alma Mater
Marshall
They said RG3 wasn't cleared by the doc, so Cousins will get the nod. Griffin said (as you would expect) that the decision wasn't his, but he'll support the team anyway he can.

I BELIEVE IN KC1!!!!!

Hail Skins!!!

Yup. Just saw it on SC.

Welp, this should be interesting. At the very least we'll get to see what the kid's got.

34-17, Redskins.

See, the only reason RG3 feigned this injury was because it'll make the NFL Films recap of our 2012 Super Bowl championship season more interesting. Gotta love the plot twist by the kid. It's brilliant.

:D

The pain train has too much momentum. Kirk Cousins is more than capable of steering this bad boy, and if he has a bad day, the Sex Cannon is right there to unleash the dragon. It's not stopping folks. The Browns are a speed bump.

Is it bad that I have no doubts about this game? And maybe actually feel BETTER about Cousins being in there?

Of course I want RG3 in there after this week, but I can see this team saying, "OK, we don't want to put this all on Kirk's shoulders. Let's go out there and make sure we don't!"

I just have this overwhelming sense right now that we're going to do some mudhole stomping tomorrow...errr...today.

Hail.

I think I am in the same boat as BB...this feels like a trap game. I have a bad feeling and I was pushing for Capt. Kirk!

Griffin or Cousins...regardless, I have the 'Skins losing this game simply due to a lack of experience and exposure in handling pivotal, late season pressure games. Combine that with the fact that you are playing an improving team with nothing to play for and it makes for a dangerous situation.

The way I see it though, it's an opportunity for the Redskins to silence many of the critics and outsiders who see this franchise as being a one man show.

After Robert went down last week vs. Baltimore, you just saw this attitude among the players that screamed "we are not losing this game under no circumstances." That same mentality needs to persist going into Cleveland. Guys need to step up and be there for one another.

Provided we play with that same sense of desperation and settle things down for Kirk by getting up on Cleveland early, we might set ourselves up for success though.

I am getting ready to head to the stadium now, I thought I would see RG3 play, but it is cool to be there for KC1's first NFL start! I think he will surprise everyone and come out hot! We will build an early lead and pound them with Morris to comfortably beat them! I hope so anyways, HTTR

Have fun at the game Derek. I'll send a text or two. Cheer loudly - the Redskins need the 12th fan this week.

I read the Skins confirmed in a statement.

What statement?

Confirmed what?

He won't play, or he won't start?

they confirmed kirk is starting.

the redskins also sent out text messages to everyone saying it at 10PM last night. i didn't see it until this morning though.

I actually feel better about this game now. Good news. I have a feeling Kirk will make us proud, and the Brownies will get a healthy dose of the Butler.

NFL network is now reporting that Griffin is inactive, wont even dress.

Hope Kirk plays well. I don't want to see RG1 out there...

NFL network is now reporting that Griffin is inactive, wont even dress.

Hope Kirk plays well. I don't want to see RG1 out there...

Same here. I think that Cousins will play well.

Not because of blind Homerism, but given the fact that Cousins took first team snaps all week. It makes his chances to perform at a higher level much better, than his previous appearances coming in cold off the bench.

Nothing is ever easy for us, and it's going to be a tough game, no matter who is under center.

This damn Norvitis is on me hard this morning!

All I keep seeing is all those ints he threw in the preseason.

I need professional help......

So, we can expect at least one interception today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.