• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Per NFLN: Kirk Cousins to Start vs. Browns

Is it possible what might have been a trap game for us with RG3 is now a trap game for the Browns with Cousins instead? Could they now take the Skins more lightly? (a man can hope, huh?)

Griffin or Cousins...regardless, I have the 'Skins losing this game simply due to a lack of experience and exposure in handling pivotal, late season pressure games. Combine that with the fact that you are playing an improving team with nothing to play for and it makes for a dangerous situation.

The way I see it though, it's an opportunity for the Redskins to silence many of the critics and outsiders who see this franchise as being a one man show.

After Robert went down last week vs. Baltimore, you just saw this attitude among the players that screamed "we are not losing this game under no circumstances." That same mentality needs to persist going into Cleveland. Guys need to step up and be there for one another.

Provided we play with that same sense of desperation and settle things down for Kirk by getting up on Cleveland early, we might set ourselves up for success though.

That's the whole point though CH. I'm not making any predictions, but this team has done things we haven't seen done in decades. Having a real QB under center has been huge, but there are other signs of change that can't be denied. I hope Morris is close to 100% today - and I'm more concerned that he, Garcon, Fletcher, and others are good to go than I am about Cousins. This is Kirk's big chance to contribute (no one would've faulted him if he hadn't been able to pull out that miracle win last weekend - but he'll own the outcome of this one) so I hope he is pumped up and shines.

I think a key to a solid win is NOT trying to dumb down the offense for Kirk. He knows the offense and I'm confident he can execute it. They need to let him play, not have him hand it off 40 times today. A conservative game plan favors the Browns, not us.

While it is obvious that Cousins is no Griffin, they should come out and show the Browns his ability to run. Much of our success has been because Griff keeps those DE's frozen. We need to come out of the box with a play that will keep them frozen much like Griff does.

I wont be at all surprised if they run the exact offense they would have with Griff in there. If Cousins is athletic enough to pull that off (I think he is) that would give us a big advantage.

I think a key to a solid win is NOT trying to dumb down the offense for Kirk. He knows the offense and I'm confident he can execute it. They need to let him play, not have him hand it off 40 times today. A conservative game plan favors the Browns, not us.
That said, I don't think Kirk is built for a read option run game.

He can surely operate from the pistol, but I don't think he has the athleticism to pull off the designed runs that Kyle has been dialing up for RG3.

His first play should be the option. Even if it's the only time he runs is. Give the D something to think about.

It's 51 here in Cleveland and no rain yet, but looks like the weather could turn. Time to witness Cousins first start and win today HAIL !!!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Inactive list posted, griffin is on it. Cousins and gross man are our qbs today

Banks also inactive, second week in a row.

If it does rain and get nasty this could be a great Paulsen/Cooley kind of day for Kirk.

I would say Paul but 50/50's hands scare me too much.

34-17, Redskins.

See, the only reason RG3 feigned this injury was because it'll make the NFL Films recap of our 2012 Super Bowl championship season more interesting. Gotta love the plot twist by the kid. It's brilliant.

:D

A little off but close

Question: Do we let RG3 rest up another week and let Captain Kirk start against the Eagles or push him to get on the field?

Today's performance certainly gives the Skins some options.

Question: Do we let RG3 rest up another week and let Captain Kirk start against the Eagles or push him to get on the field?

Today's performance certainly gives the Skins some options.

If RG3 can play, I still think he should. But KC1 definitely reduced my apprehension level if he can't.

That would be something beating the eagles with 2 different starting rookie qbs

He hit some seriously tight spots. A few mistakes, sure. But you have to expect that in a guy's first start. Overall, I was very, very impressed.

Heck, if not for what we've seen out of RG3, this would have been a "how can a rookie QB do that?" kinda day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.