• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Patriots’ throng of defensive linemen at practice doesn’t include Albert Haynesworth

so he couldn't be fined by Shanahan. my guess is he knew he was going to be tested by the coach because he didn't attend the offseason workouts, but in the end he was done in by the fact he had lost a significant amount of weight but that evidently was not done through buildup through cardiovascular exercise :)

There is absolutely NOTHING Haynesworth has done since the 2008 season ended to lead me to believe he is serious about competing.

At least nothing beyond some empty platitudes when he was signed to a contract here, comments about wearing #92 because he wanted to be the next Reggie White, etc.

He did the same thing when he was traded to NE. He talked about getting back to his roots and focusing on football.

Evidently, he wasn't focused on football this offseason because he looked fat and out of shape yet again :laugh: :laugh:

Man got more mileage out of one headstomp than anyone in the history of humanity.

A mirage is often like that. You think you see water but in the end it's not real, just a figment of your imagination.

Just like the Jeff George signing in 2000.

A guy with all the physical tools who for some reason no one else wants to commit big dollars to.

Including his former team.

The Redskins step in and end up with a 30 year old ballplayer that is damaged goods from the neck up.

Then comes the realization of why nobody gave the guy a long-term, big money deal.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Why will no one believe that Haynesworth is simply done.

Moss was done last year and you could see that - he just didn't want to play the game anymore.

Haynesworth hasn't been a productive NFL player since 2008.

That's a lifetime in pro sports.

Albert likes the money but doesn't wan to pay the price any longer.

ABC7DanDan Patrick
by CindyBoren
Albert #Haynesworth pleaded no contest to simple assault with regards to incident at W Hotel. He will serve 160 hours of community service

More info here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ing-off-trial/2011/08/22/gIQAaRLlWJ_blog.html

Former Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth pleaded guilty to one count of simple assult Monday one day before he was scheduled to go on trial on charges of sex assault.

As part of his agreement, Haynesworth agreed to an alcohol abuse assessment and psychological assessment — as well as to stay away from the alleged victim and perform community service — within 18 months of his sentencing. If he does so, his record will be cleared.

Haynesworth’s trial was scheduled to start Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court. He had pleaded not guilty in the case.

GooButt will now be subjected to the NFL disciplinary system - probably a four game suspension. He's probably ok with the idea - no playing time and collecting some checks.

I know he won't get paid during a suspension, but GooButt is probably counting on "getting in shape" time lasting for about four to six weeks. Then an "injury" suddenly appears. Collect some Dunkin' Donuts cash for no play in 2012. Look to rinse and repeat in 2013 - Al Davis is interested!

Why will no one believe that Haynesworth is simply done.

Moss was done last year and you could see that - he just didn't want to play the game anymore.

Haynesworth hasn't been a productive NFL player since 2008.

That's a lifetime in pro sports.

Albert likes the money but doesn't wan to pay the price any longer.

But I thought he was simply misused and mismanaged here. Certainly a good coach could get him to perform. :) Buhahahhahhh

Albert Haynesworth saw his first game action as a New England Patriot. And he couldn't have been happier or more talkative, even calling his new home "a career-saving place for me to come."

The veteran defensive lineman, who clashed with Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan last season before being traded to the Patriots on July 28, started in his first game for New England on Thursday night and finished with three tackles.

"It was great," Haynesworth said after the Patriots' 18-17 loss to the New York Giants, according to the Boston Globe. "I need to knock off a lot of rust. I've kind of just been resting, sitting in D.C. I need to get back to that playing form that I had when I was with the (Tennessee) Titans."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...th-cant-say-enough-about-patriots-after-debut

I don't hate many athletes. I realize more than often, it's all about the money, particularly when they say it isn't. But man, I hate this guy.

Yeah, he could have given back "all the money" to get out of DC a long time ago, but never did. Just more lip service from ol' Fat Albert.

he is a turd. but...whether we like it or not...we'll see that the NE organization extracts value out of him. something the confusion in DC could not accomplish.

Or....we'll see that his opening act in NE is playing out exactly like it did here...with him saying all the right things, being all sincere, showing flashes....and then they will discover, as we did, over time, that the man is a waste of carbon.

Or....we'll see that his opening act in NE is playing out exactly like it did here...with him saying all the right things, being all sincere, showing flashes....and then they will discover, as we did, over time, that the man is a waste of carbon.

I hope you're right. but I don't think that is what will happen. Bellichick has handled the whole thing very differently. and Fat Al is getting his druthers: a 4-3 defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.