• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Over Reaching Arm of the Government?

If what Henry says is true, that handsfree devices do not distract less, that is something I was genuinely unaware of, and I would guess I'm not the only one. And I use handsfree stuff ALL THE TIME at work. So, yes, I think an awareness campaign could be effective. Doesn't even need to be super expensive.

well...we'll just have to disagree then! I will laugh till I fall asleep tonight - just another check in the "America you're too stupid to know what's good for you" block.

I don't get it...I'm pretty sure smoking pot and jumping in a car isn't good for you. in fact, I had a friend die in such a situation. how come we don't have "awareness" campaigns for this? could it be politics? nahhhhh. not for our illustrious cocaine snorting President.

btw...like so many things in life....the hands free answer is "it depends". I do it all the time - put the head phone on, hit the speed dial, hit the close connection button when done. wanna know the real problem? it aint phones...it's Americans driving too closely at high speeds to the car in front and thus having no reaction time.

Wow. That escalated again. Brick better lay low for a while.

Your vitriol is...ummm...impressive?

Somehow though, I kinda doubt you believe everything you spew.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Not picking on you here Hog, just something I've never understood here. As I have said before in threads, I identify myself as in the middle, but definitely leaning conservative. I have always voted Repub.

OK, having established my street cred...

What is the deal with individual's rights, when they interfere with another's rights? For example, this topic. Don't I have a right to drive on the highways without some idiot talking on their cell phone, resulting in a crash that could affect my insurance negatively? I heard someone the other day bitching about the state mandating child car seats :insane:. WTF is that? I may be an idiot, but I like protecting my kids. Why do people have a problem with someone telling them they have to protect their children?

I guess the basis of my question or issue is that the stupid actions other people do can adversely affect me. Aren't my rights to not be affected by people just as important? Smoking comes to mind. I would like to not get lung cancer. So why did the world practically come to an end recently when smokers were disallowed from smoking in restaurants? Hell, if they want to have smoker-designated restaurants or something, I'd be fine with it. Just seems like my rights get trampled on in order to protect someone from being told that they can't do something stupid and harmful.

And let me just say that I detest the "Slippery Slope" argument. I suppose if someone were to elucidate it properly, I would listen. But I have enough nut job friends (spoken with true affection) that are already convinced the govt is listening in on our conversations, blah blah blah.

Wow. Long rant. Sorry about that. Again, not directed at you HH, your post just kinda struck something in me.

this one is easy: because there are competing rights.

it's also the case that some "rights" aren't rights at all. moreover, some rights can be socially deleterious but take preeminence. for example, the right of gays to screw multiple partners in bath houses in the 1980s...zealously defended by the political left....unquestionably led to the skyrocketing incidence of aids in that community and eventually the general population. I was there and saw it (so to speak) as it unfolded in CA.

that said....you're alright Goaldie. and....some well intended advice....never defend your bona fides in a public forum like this. you don't have to justify to anyone your belief system. someone like me may find it sublimely brilliant or pathetically obtuse. who cares? it's yours and what you chose to live by.

Wow. That escalated again. Brick better lay low for a while.

Your vitriol is...ummm...impressive?

Somehow though, I kinda doubt you believe everything you spew.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have my fun.

but I have come to be emotionally invested in this. having grown up in basically academia and wealthy Liberal environs...I have contempt for those people. i know who they are and I have seen the dirt. moreover, the double standard these people have played for decades has come close to inspiring an almost pathological hatred.

just one example I have observed my entire youth and adult life: all the pandering about equality and fairness...and yet...if one is a Conservative Black or Female....the Left will go out of its way, obsessively, to destroy that person; thus, giving the lie to their whole value structure. more fundamentally, eliminating any trust one can have in them as leaders.

yes....it pisses one off after a while. that's why I get pissed off when the Skins do stupid things: it would be nice to have a respite from all the social horse maneuver that is life these days. just one area of satisfaction we can all enjoy in common. that's what the Skins could mean to our virtual community and to the city of DC. they have been failing at this mission for almost 18 years now. PISS ME OFF! but...you know...I still rember that first NFC championship. nothing like it. That is worth hanging around for...no matter how profoundly frustrating this team has been lately. Irrational hope? perhaps. Hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post.

Last edited:
Nevermind. This is so not worth it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:
I'm installing various items of interest on my car.

1. Lasers. These can be used in a variety of ways.

2. Pressurized water hose and rear firing mud hose. I would not advise driving very close to my rear bumper.

3. Missiles - various kinds.

4. Machine guns.

5. Adaptive camouflage.

6. Conversion to submersible capabilities in thirty seconds.

7. Conversion to aerial capabilities in thirty seconds.

8. Self-inflating tires and tires with spikes - when needed.

9. Bullet proof exterior and windows.

10. Entertainment features - high speed internet, big screen TV, 16 speaker surround sound system.

Should be ready by Friday. Makes a great gift for the holidays.

I'm installing various items of interest on my car.

1. Lasers. These can be used in a variety of ways.

2. Pressurized water hose and rear firing mud hose. I would not advise driving very close to my rear bumper.

3. Missiles - various kinds.

4. Machine guns.

5. Adaptive camouflage.

6. Conversion to submersible capabilities in thirty seconds.

7. Conversion to aerial capabilities in thirty seconds.

8. Self-inflating tires and tires with spikes - when needed.

9. Bullet proof exterior and windows.

10. Entertainment features - high speed internet, big screen TV, 16 speaker surround sound system.

Should be ready by Friday. Makes a great gift for the holidays.

all that to deal with SEIU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.