• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'Oops ... I got an error message again...'

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I couldn't resist channeling my inner Britney ...

Since opening the new site, we've experienced an odd little glitch. Sometimes, when replying to a thread, sending a message, or starting a new thread, we've seen 'Oops... something went wrong' messages popping up. Most of the time, simply refreshing and trying again works. Sometimes not. Either way, we obviously want you to be able to use all the site functions without getting error messages. We've seen the 'Oops' warning on desktop use and when using a phone or mobile device.

After discussing with our server host and our Sucuri firewall support, we've made a small setting change. We think this may resolve the issue but since the problem is intermittent, we need your help. If you all could report any instance of the 'Oops' message and also let us know specifically what you were doing when you saw it (replying to a thread, etc..), that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for helping us confirm we've either resolved that bug, or helping us track it down if needed!

It would not let me respond to a post in another thread just now. I was attempting to attach a small picture to the post. I attempted to use a URL and I also tried to attach directly from my PC. Image was a JPEG of 9.27k.

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

There were no additional details in the console. Windows 10 OS, Firefox version 74 (64 bit).

Yeah, I got one this am too.

Guys - please chime in here and let us know if you are occasionally getting the ‘Oops’ error message, or if you’ve never gotten it. I’m trying to determine if this is global issue or could be more narrow such as some kind of a browser issue.

I have not received one yet. From none of the 4 different computers I use.

I couldn't resist channeling my inner Britney ...

Since opening the new site, we've experienced an odd little glitch. Sometimes, when replying to a thread, sending a message, or starting a new thread, we've seen 'Oops... something went wrong' messages popping up. Most of the time, simply refreshing and trying again works. Sometimes not. Either way, we obviously want you to be able to use all the site functions without getting error messages. We've seen the 'Oops' warning on desktop use and when using a phone or mobile device.

After discussing with our server host and our Sucuri firewall support, we've made a small setting change. We think this may resolve the issue but since the problem is intermittent, we need your help. If you all could report any instance of the 'Oops' message and also let us know specifically what you were doing when you saw it (replying to a thread, etc..), that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for helping us confirm we've either resolved that bug, or helping us track it down if needed!

Boone I get the error message repeatedly. Like 99 out of 100 times. However, it is thread-specific ; for me, it ONLY happens is BB's free agency thread for some reason, and no other thread.

Thanks. I really have no idea yet what’s going on. One idea a support person shared was that folks may have Ad or pop up blockers enabled that may be causing some of the messages. You might check on that and see if that is the issue, or try another browser type and see if the problem occurs there too. It could also have to do with the ignore feature as well.

Guys - I am trying to improve the site experience for you. Help me - help you. If you are a member, please respond :)

I got an Oops the very first time I tried to sign in when the site hadn't made it's full migration.

Since then, I have not seen one...ever.

We have made some changes in our Firewall that may have resolved this bug. Please let me know in this thread if you have any instances of the 'Oops...' error messages please. Thanks!

Has anyone gotten the 'Oops' error message so far today? Fear The Spear I am especially asking for your feedback. If you do see it, I recommend you clear your browser cache/history and see if that resolves it. Please let me know so that I can determine whether this is resolved and I can move on to other things :)

I have not...and if it helps, I am on Safari.

Thanks. I haven't had a single issue... so far... holding my breath because this has been a frustrating one since it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Xenforo software itself.

Haven't had any issues on Firefox for Mac or Windows or Safari or iOS or iPadOS.

Ever ntotoro or just since last night?

Has anyone gotten the 'Oops' error message so far today? Fear The Spear I am especially asking for your feedback. If you do see it, I recommend you clear your browser cache/history and see if that resolves it. Please let me know so that I can determine whether this is resolved and I can move on to other things :)

Boone, it would probably be more accurate if I answered later today. Because for the past 24 hours we have had a complete internet outage here. We just got our internet service/wifi back on.
So I'll experiment today then let you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.