• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Synaptic Shotgun 8.13.10 - GAME DAY

Make sure to catch the post game between Kelly and Trent Williams, the kid is a kick to listen to. (CSN)

Said that he was so hyped he had to ask Doc what the call was again first time to the line, he was gassed after three snaps and Samuels helped calm him down between series.

He seems to be appreciative, willing to work, confident but not cockey and highly talented. Who would have thunk it based on predraft critique.

They scored a lot of points early rather than later. They pushed the Bills around. Discipline and effort were evident. More green flags than red. Resurrection appears to be on schedule :)

Where was LJ?

Just saw it reported that it was by design, Portis starts the first game, LJ starts the 2nd and Parker starts the 3rd so all three have the chance to play with the 1st team. It also gives the young guys the chance to prove themselves. Torain appears to have done just that.

Mom and I had our pastor and his wife (Bills fans), and my grandma (the reason I'm a Skins fan) over for dinner and to watch the game tonight. Sorry I couldn't be with y'all, but we had a great time nonetheless. (My family, more so than my pastor had a good time...lol.)

Some quick thoughts on what I saw:

Trent Williams is a very strong 1-on-1 pass blocker. He made a few mistakes (a false start, and a hold, IIRC) but I watched him frequently, and he was VERY solid.

McNabb is what I expected. Good (not great) passer, still very mobile, and a leader. I was nervous after the first series, but he settled in and gave me what I wanted....reliable QB play.

Ryan Torain is the real deal. The kid has a great knack for making something out of nothing, and making the MOST out of a play when he has an opportunity. Keiland Williams is a pretty strong runner too, but I don't expect him to make the team. Hopefully he'll catch on elsewhere if not.

My "WTH" reaction when we signed Rex Grossman now appears utterly ridiculous. He showed good command of the offense, and VERY nice touch on a few mid to deep balls. If he ends up having to play, I have confidence in him at this point.

The defensive scheme was pretty bland, which is fine by me. We still got some good pressure, and it led to TURNOVERS. (If you're not familiar with that expression, "turnovers" means our defense taking the ball away from the offense via fumble or interception. LOL.) Turnover margin, +3. Nice.

Devin Thomas is here to play football. If tonight is any indication, he will play himself into the starting lineup by Week 1.

ALBERT HAYNESWORTH....did what was asked of him. He tied up defenders, got a good push up the middle, and made it possible for the LBs to make plays. He did all of this while slapping hands with his teammates and smiling. I was impressed. I'm not sold on him, but he deserves credit for what he did tonight. Kudos to the big man.

Our special teams are in good shape. Kickoffs were regularly in the end zone or to the goal line, Bidwell punted well, and....well....Brandon Banks is F-A-S-T. :laugh:

Perry Riley may just make this team. As a 4th rounder on a team stacked with LBs, I wasn't sure, but the kid played very well tonight. He's quick, strong, and seems to have a nose for the ball. I hope this isn't bad news for HB Blades, who was uncharacteristically quiet.

For the Bills:

I don't know who the corner named "Corner" was, but he was getting smoked all over the field tonight. They may have been hanging him out there, just to see what he could do, but kid got flat out abused repeatedly.

If having two QBs is the same as having none, then having three must be less than that. I think they have three decent backups, and no real starter.

John McCargo still hasn't lived up to his draft position, IMO, but he played very well tonight on a team that had nothing going right for it.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better start to the preseason. Not just the dominance on the scoreboard, and all phases of the game, but emerging injury free. I'll be anxious to see how this team looks against top-flight competition like the Ravens and Jets. With all respect to my pastor, I think the Bills are in for another VERY long season.

I also said early on, Rex Grossman could be one of the best backup QBs in the league. Former head-case? Yep. But the guy can play when his head is right. I like what Kyle Shanahan has done with him. And I think, if Mcnabb goes down this year, our season will still have a glimmer of hope.

I know.
Crazy talk.

But I like Grossman. That puts me in a distinct minority, but I'll stick to my guns on him.

As Theismann said, it seems as if this offense were designed for Rex Grossman. I was impressed with his poise as he played last night. It's only one game, but based on it and the reports of his play out of Houston, I'm very happy to have him as our backup.

Oh my god Joey T's bad. I'm keeping a "live" blog entry to post sometime tomorrow, and about every other entry mentions yet another Theismann facepalm moment. He was never all that great at this, but I don't remember him being quite the embarrassment he's been so far tonight.

The tan looks good though.

He was terrible. On the Davis TD, he kept saying that could have gone 99 yards the other way. That was utter nonesense as the defender was simply trying to knock the ball down and was in no position to make a pick.

I’m glad we don’t have to listen to him during the regular season.

By the way was anyone else impressed with the interview with Snyder? He looks like he has lost some weight. But what really struck me was how humble he seemed. I think the fan revolt of 2009 was a real wake up call for him and will ultimately prove to be a good thing both for the franchise but for Snyder himself

I'll say it again - I really believe sometimes players and teams just get stagnant in a relationship. There's no arguing Mcnabb of the last couple years didn't look like the same guy. Unclear whose fault that was. But with a change of scenery, new teammates, and most importantly, new coaching staff challenging him, I expect to see an invigorated Mcnabb who shows his ability this season.

I wasn't in favor of this move - but I still think he will be a top 10 QB this year for the Redskins.

Looks like a valid point after last night. He looked better then I feared. He's clearly in better shape then the last few years. Made some good throws, and some on timing routes, which we haven't had here in a while. I was also pleased with Rex. We might have a better backup than starter last year. I was a JC fan, but it is what it is.

Overall, it's hard not to be excited. Really liked the plays. Not sure how toned down it was, or if they amped it up enough to ensure a win and good first showing. In either case, there was an air of professionalism on the field in the execution that I haven't sensed in a while. There weren't really any head scratching moments. I'm not sure I know how to react to professional play. :)

He was terrible. On the Davis TD, he kept saying that could have gone 99 yards the other way. That was utter nonesense as the defender was simply trying to knock the ball down and was in no position to make a pick.

I’m glad we don’t have to listen to him during the regular season.

By the way was anyone else impressed with the interview with Snyder? He looks like he has lost some weight. But what really struck me was how humble he seemed. I think the fan revolt of 2009 was a real wake up call for him and will ultimately prove to be a good thing both for the franchise but for Snyder himself

Snyder came off Ok but Joey T made me want to puke his lips were so affixed to Snyder's backside...God I HATE that guy.

OM he had so many facepalm moments I think you might have to make 2 blogs out of it...it was nuts! I had to laugh at one point when Albert asked him something along the lines of "What was making the Redskins attack so successful?" and Theisman's first sentence was "Well it starts with everything really...". :thud:

Still he's not as annoying as Larry Michael, at least Joey T is entertaining in a dancing clown sort of way. Michael just makes me want to punch Snyder for foisting him on us. The only thing worse is our Michael Buffer wannabe stadium announcer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.