• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 8 - Commanders @ Colts

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Washington Commanders (3-4) @ Indianapolis Colts (3-3-1)

Commanders Helmet Away.png
@
Indianapolis Colts - Helmet - Home.png

Brian Robinson TD 3.jpg

When: Sunday, October 30th, 2022 - 4:25 PM
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis Indiana
How to Watch: Fox - Coverage map (updates Wednesday)

You ever pinch yourself and it hurt?
You do it again and it hurts a little less?

Next thing you know, you pinch yourself and you kind of enjoy it?

That's me...every. Freaking. Year.

HTTR!

So, Jackson III actually IS now out with the back injury? :p

I am glad the team finally has that one straight. Ron lead us to believe his disappearance was due to performance issues.

A qb with little film on, playing away, seems like the perfect time for Ehlinger to make a fool of us. I do think the Colts are a mess so I favor our odds, slightly.

I think our defense is on the upswing and with Taylor at qb the team will once again play more inspired ball all around. We may just eke out a win here.

The fact that neither Wentz nor Matt Ryan turned out to be the answer for the Colts shows that Washington is not the only team that can't seem to identify the right talent and make the right deal.

The Colts are down there with Washington and Carolina as teams that have a literal revolving door at the quarterback position.

Both teams are beat up with some of their best players (Gilmore, Kelly) seemingly out.

I think our defense is on the upswing and with Taylor at qb the team will once again play more inspired ball all around. We may just eke out a win here.

The fact that neither Wentz nor Matt Ryan turned out to be the answer for the Colts shows that Washington is not the only team that can't seem to identify the right talent and make the right deal.

The Colts are down there with Washington and Carolina as teams that have a literal revolving door at the quarterback position.

I heard someone put it this way earlier in the year. Colts with Ryan looked like the Colts with Wentz, which looked like the Colts with Rivers, which looked like the Colts with Brissett. Basically they have plugged in guys for 4 straight seasons and pretty much looked the same on offense.

That’s why this change to Ellinger scares me a bit. He’s athletic and can move around. I don’t know what he can do as a QB, but he will be more difficult to defend than the statues they have had the past few years. I just hope that Del Rio puts together a game plan that can limit that like he did with Fields.

The Colts were overrated by the media and worse they overrated themselves. This goes back a number of years.

They had that ONE season where the defense was stellar and the running back Taylor lead the AFC in rushing.

Since then injuries and regression to the mean puts their roster IMO with 7-9 type talent, similar to Washington - without a franchise quarterback.

And Ryan at 37 is over the hill as was Philip Rivers at 38. I don't include Wentz because he doesn't have anywhere near the career creds of either Ryan or Rivers, who were consistently good when they were in their primes.

Some injury updates

Dotson
Holcomb
Jackson
Turner

OUT

Not having Holcomb hurts... bad. Ehlinger is going to have room to run....

Holcomb? What happened?

I had no idea either, but apparently its a foot sprain

In some surprising news, Washington Commanders linebacker Cole Holcomb will miss Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts. Holcomb, who has been dealing with a foot sprain, missed practice all week and head coach Ron Rivera discussed Holcomb missing Sunday’s game.

“ There was improvement, and it’s one of those things that even though, the swelling’s gone down, you still have to be smart and careful with it,” Rivera said of Holcomb. “He did a little bit of work and stuff like that inside but again, we’re just in a tough spot.”

Our trainers must have worked for Barnum and Bailey before coming here.

Our trainers must have worked for Barnum and Bailey before coming here.

we've replaced them multiple times...

one of which got raided for writing false prescriptions... there's a lot more at work than just inept medicals, it's spanned across MULTIPLE medical staffs, i cant explain it. Seriously makes you wonder about the practice facility and if its got something to do with it.

100% of NFL players get injured. It’s not bad luck, bad juju, or bad training staffs.

Yeah, gotta agree Chris.

The Colts aren't a good team. They're trotting out a QB who has yet to throw an NFL pass. If we can't get it done in Indy on Sunday with the guys we have suiting up, we just aren't very good.

Sure that's all it is. We can, once again, give the trainers a break and let them off the hook of responsibility.

Sure, why not?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.