• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 18 - Cowboys @ Commanders

To be fair, I think he has a legit reason to be pissed about it too. I think the team wins the game against the Browns with Heinicke under center and we are preparing for a playoff game right now instead of the offseason.

I hope that, that given time to cool off and think about the big picture, Heinicke realizes he has a really good situation here in Washington and decides to come back (assuming social media is correct and not just assuming shit).

I hope he does come back. I don't know if he has a 'legit reason', I can see both sides. Ultimately though, his play over that last month before he was replaced was not great. I'm sure he's smart enough to know to an extent, he put himself in that situation. It's also fair to say that expecting Wentz to be better (given his history) and being replaced by HIM, would make anyone mad. Heinicke is an awesome dude, and as a backup I don't think you can find a better guy. I'm skeptical he'll be back though.

Maybe Taylor has already had a change of heart...

Although I do notice that he doesn't specify which team.

Nice find. That sounds more encouraging. I think I said last week - possible Heinicke himself realizes he's unlikely to be named a starter for another team or be given the same chance he's been given in Washington. We'll see what happens.

To be fair, I think he has a legit reason to be pissed about it too. I think the team wins the game against the Browns with Heinicke under center and we are preparing for a playoff game right now instead of the offseason.

I hope that, that given time to cool off and think about the big picture, Heinicke realizes he has a really good situation here in Washington and decides to come back (assuming social media is correct and not just assuming shit).
Not to completely throw out your argument, but when I hear that Heinicke would have beaten the Browns, I keep going back to the fact he had the chance to win 3 straight games and couldn’t do it. Now, would he have been better than Wentz, I believe so. But I’m not convinced he would have done enough to win since he couldn’t do enough to win the previous games when he had a chance. Winning any of those other games puts this team in the playoffs. So he had his shot to do something about the playoffs. Wentz utterly failing in week 17 didn’t change the fact that Heinicke failed to win in weeks 13, 15, and 16.

We'll never know. I think Heinicke supporters would argue that the team knew Wentz was the lesser option and wanted Heinicke and that undermined the play of the entire team. I don't know if that's based in reality or not and it can't be proven either way.

This season, we were poster children for the old adage 'if you have 2 QBs, you have no QB'.

I think that's a pretty decent description - at least like the early Heinicke. We haven't seen Heinicke hurt many teams with his feet the way Sam Howell can. Possible they've 'coached it out of him' or made it clear they didn't want Heinicke taking off. I'm not sure.

I think they had more planned runs for Howell than we ever saw for Heinicke. Maybe they thought Howell is just built for it? He's got an extra 10 pounds on Heinicke and he showed he could run at UNC.

I fully believe that they weren’t calling runs for Taylor because Howell was the only one behind him most of the way and he ‘wasn’t ready’.

Remarkably how quickly he became ‘ready’. 🤣

Of course they put together a lopsided score when it doesn't matter and it only just drops in the draft standings.

#SnyderpayinghisduestoOthers.

To me yesterday was so much more than that. Howell, Hudson, D. Johnson, Paul and Butler all showed out. Patterson may even have boosted his chances at returning next year. If so, good for him.

The vets played hard, didn’t mail it in. A week too late but still. I personally feel a lot better about the future today than I did last Monday.

Of course they put together a lopsided score when it doesn't matter and it only just drops in the draft standings.

#SnyderpayinghisduestoOthers.
Had they lost yesterday, they only move up 2 spots from 16 to 14. Not really earth shattering.

If the current regime isn't changed, get ready for the following QB room:

QB1 - Baker Mayfield (free agent)
QB2 - Sam Howell
QB3 - Stetson Bennett (first round reach)

If it came down to it I would prefer Mayfield to the return of Wentz.

But the preference would be to jettison Wentz and his $28M salary, resign Taylor to compete in camp and bring back Howell and actually have the organization take him seriously as an NFL quarterback.

The thought that Howell showed so much more against Dallas than he would have against a Cleveland team that didn't have anything to play for is absolutely absurd.

The ONLY reason Wentz was out there was for Rivera to try and stick it to his critics by proving he didn't make a mistake by trading for the quarterback in the offseason.

With 3 interceptions, 0 touchdowns and an average yards per pass play of 5.1, Rivera only confirmed what the rest of the NFL already knew - Wentz is done.

Just like Jeff George was done by the time he came to Washington in 2000/2001.

Big arm, copper plated head who alienated teammates left and right.

FYI...I saw it was confirmed that Snyder wasn't at the game on Sunday but Tanya Snyder was.

Snyder is done with the team. He is going to show up to sign the transferral and sales documents and that's going to be about it.

He's leaving with the money but he knows everyone from the homeless guy on the sewer grate to the top politicians and corporate executives in DC realize what a utter failure he has been as an owner on the field.

He tried every half-baked strategy to take a short route to success and ended up back where he started.

Ironically, he never ONCE tried the strategy that worked for Washington years ago:

Hire the GM, let the GM hire the coach and draft the players, sit back in the owner's box and hold people accountable but get out of their way - and stay out of day to day operations.

The trouble with Snyder is unlike Jack Kent Cooke, he never owned other successful businesses that also required his time and allowed Redskins officials to work without the daily breath of the owner on their backs.

Snyder hung out at Redskins Park because he was just plain bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.