• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 18 - Cowboys @ Commanders

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys (12-4) @ Washington Commanders (7-8-1)

**** At Halftime Washington will be retiring Sonny Jergensen's jersey ****

Cowboys Helmet  - Away.png
@
Commanders Helmet Home.png

1672760226828.png

Terry McLaurin 6.jpg
Dotson TD (1).jpg

Where: Fedex Field - Landover, MD
When: Sunday January 8th, 2023 - 4:25pm EST
How To Watch: Fox - Coverage Map (released Wednesday)

Last edited:
You know, I've been pretty numb since yesterday. I don't know why, but the loss yesterday didn't hurt as much as I thought. I guess I was resigned to this team's fate after the last 3 games. But now this week is the absolute worst case scenario. No playoffs, nothing to play for, and dallas coming in with everything to play for. It was supposed to be the other way around. But alas, it won't be and this game will most likely be a disaster.

Hopefully once they destroy us we will blow it all up and take Tuddy with it.

This is exactly the game we’ll likely win. Just when there’s nothing at stake.

didn't we do the same thing that year under Gruden? We beat the Dolphins by one point and then another game later in the season and ended up losing out on the first pick to the Bengals, who were able to draft Joe Burrow and change their fortunes.

Doc Walker sat there with a straight face and tried to convince people it was worth it to go out and win that Dolphins game regardless of any 'outside' considerations such as future draft position.

Sure wouldn't have made a good GM.

Can we forfeit? It'd spare us the beating that's coming

If there is a beating coming I want the coaching staff to experiencing every single moment of it.

Personally I am hoping for Howell to play at least the 2nd half and #1 survive and #2 to show the potential for effective NFL quarterbacking abilities.

If there is a beating coming I want the coaching staff to experiencing every single moment of it.

Personally I am hoping for Howell to play at least the 2nd half and #1 survive and #2 to show the potential for effective NFL quarterbacking abilities.

I think you're still believing the coaching staff cares

Starting Howell this next Sunday just screams trouble

The cowbums have a very good pass rush and we don't have an OC who knows how to beat it. We might as well cover him in BBQ sauce and throw him on a fire if we do. Cleveland would have been a better team to do this with.

Every team that plays Washington has a good pass rush thanks to Rivera & Co trying to roll with a rag-tag group of lineman.

Howell may as well get a glimpse now of his future under Rivera and Turner.

An aging and injured OL line in 2021 causes Rivera to use NONE of the first 4 picks in 2022 on a lineman.

Meanwhile, we have one pro bowl receiver, spent considerable free agent dollars on another and used a #3 pick on Dyami Brown and yet used a #1 pick on another WR?

I like Dotson but it seems this team has all of its resources in picks and money concentrated in just two position groups - WR and the DL.

Under the cap you can’t manage a roster that way.

And good GMs don’t.

You don’t retire Sonny’s jersey on a day the team is likely to get blown off the field.

It lines up perfectly with how they "honored" everyone else this year so far.

You can. And you will.

522B9037-7388-4653-AE45-5199D600BE3D.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.