• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 13 - Commanders @ Giants

I was more referencing the mental mistakes.

I am surprised that none of the tight ends has really stepped up and shown they are claiming the starting job so far.

We kept a LOT of tight ends during camp and the preseason and loaded up when formulating the final roster supposedly because these guys showed potential.

With McLaurin garnering attention outside and Samuel/Dotson playing well to go with the ground game, you would think a guy like Cole Turner would come on and make a contribution.

Bates has had one or two games where he has caught some balls, but disappears in others.

Other than Bates none of these other tight ends seem able to block worth a lick.

I am surprised that none of the tight ends has really stepped up and shown they are claiming the starting job so far.

We kept a LOT of tight ends during camp and the preseason and loaded up when formulating the final roster supposedly because these guys showed potential.

With McLaurin garnering attention outside and Samuel/Dotson playing well to go with the ground game, you would think a guy like Cole Turner would come on and make a contribution.

Bates has had one or two games where he has caught some balls, but disappears in others.

Other than Bates none of these other tight ends seem able to block worth a lick.
I think Armani Rogers flashed the most, but I think he's on IR now. Logan Thomas and Heinicke don't seem on the same page. Heinicke keeps over throwing him. I don't know if their timing is off because Heinicke expects Logan to be faster or because Heinicke's mechanics are just hot and cold. Cole Turner hasn't returned to his preseason phenom form. Bates is best as Donnie Warren 2.0.

Maybe it’s his tiny arm that makes his balls look so big?

33D0A3B6-C2AF-4A73-A58C-A9B55678BA90.jpeg

Ahh. The preseason. Lying to fanbase’s since 1960.

There was a guy on here recently who might have know the actual size. Or maybe he just really wanted to know. We can ask him to confirm.

As a former player I think Rivera sees that the morale in the locker room is such that the insertion of Wentz back into the lineup during this stretch of games for other than injury reasons would not be well received by team leaders who look at Wentz as being 'soft' and a guy like Jeff George that depends upon his arm rather than his brain.

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I see a lot of shade being thrown at Heinicke for not scoring enough but none thrown at the defense for allowing Barkley and Jones to beat us using almost nothing more than their feet. Come on, we all knew the Giants really have nothing on offense besides the rushing of these two. Had the defense contained them, we aren't harping on Heinicke this week.

Don't misunderstand me either - Heinicke overthrows wide-open guys too often and he needs to fix that. We need to score more points.

But at the same time, how is it we didn't design, or maybe execute, a game plan to contain the only real threat the Giants have on offense? It isn't like we didn't know about them. Jones does this to us every. damn. game.

We got beat plenty on passes. They exploited the hell out of Holmes. Had a couple deep balls dropped or it could’ve been worse. Jones completed 80% of his passes.

They did a good job on Barkley but Jones did burn them frequently on the ground. Hard to understand how we can’t keep that from happening numerous times.

Last edited:
Daniel Jones plays a few good games a year and 2 of them will be against Washington. I can’t figure out how or why, but that seems to be how it goes. It’s just one of those things, the guy knows how to play against this team. That needs to change.

I was disappointed we couldn’t get more pressure on him than we did. I felt like Taylor was under more duress on Sunday than Jones was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.