• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Week 1 - WFT vs. Chargers

Updated WFT Depth charts...

Attachments

• depth1.png
    depth1.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 52
  • depth2.png
    depth2.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 47
  • depth3.png
    depth3.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 61
Standard operating procedure last year seemed to be to go down 10 to 14 points before we woke up as a team. That trend leans heavily towards Fitzpatrick potentially going to interception mode, as Turner attempts to chase the game and scrap the gameplan like we saw on occasion last year.

I think WFT social media would be unbearable if Fitz lays an egg Week 1.

For as much as he can potentially propel this offensive group, as a team, we too need to put him in a position to succeed, and where his strengths can best serve the team.

I will be watching for that this season.

Chargers may have injury concerns of their own?

Standard operating procedure last year seemed to be to go down 10 to 14 points before we woke up as a team. That trend leans heavily towards Fitzpatrick potentially going to interception mode, as Turner attempts to chase the game and scrap the gameplan like we saw on occasion last year.

I think WFT social media would be unbearable if Fitz lays an egg Week 1.

For as much as he can potentially propel this offensive group, as a team, we too need to put him in a position to succeed, and where his strengths can best serve the team.

I will be watching for that this season.
Fitz's strength is durability. He's there to absorb hits and make it tough on the rest of the team to see if they are a QB away. Then it's Heiny time down the stretch.

With news of Samuel heading to IR to start the year, we obviously need some of our secondary receivers to step up. That said, it is all the more reason not to get in a shootout type game with the Chargers. The WR group outside of Terry is still largely a question mark. If we have to abandon the run Sunday, I feel like LA has a big advantage over the course of 4 quarters.

There has been talk of Antonio assuming a larger role in the receiving game this year. I am wondering if we will see a glimpse of that Sunday. I can see a situation unfolding where JD and/or Antonio play a big role in the passing game Sunday.

Position starter and backup list added to first post.

Over/Under on how many show up at Fed Ex tomorrow?

Wonder if it will be a big enough crowd to make a difference?

I think it’s going to be a sell out - first one in awhile

Cracks me up seeing Washington fans predicting TDs and key plays for Reyes. The guy is a total PROJECT. Barring injury he'll be lucky to see the field in 2021.

Time for the defense to show up first game of the season against a good offense and a good QB. Need them to set the tone and show the rest of the league they are for real.

Absolutely. That defensive line should be foaming at the mouth after what was mostly a subpar performance in their last meaningful game vs. Tampa Bay.

The challenge this year for the defence will be living up to the reputation they have established. That's part of the maturation and growth process for young teams, and part if the reason why I think this season will still be one where we take our share of lumps.

In years past, the Redskins players did alot of talking but rarely backed it up.

I don't really get that sense since Rivera's been here. You read of accounts where he's told the team they haven't accomplished anything and that they need to keep working.
We'll soon see if that translates into a better start to this season.

I take some heart in the fact that a couple things we saw last season is that even when it wasn't going well, the team seemed to keep battling, and they almost always came out and played better in the 2nd half.

Time for the defense to show up first game of the season against a good offense and a good QB. Need them to set the tone and show the rest of the league they are for real.
Whelp, they definitely didn't set the tone. DL was basically non existant, couldn't get a stop on defense when needed even at 3rd and 16. Our secondary looks bad too. Gibson fumble was killer and in essence lost the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.