• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Redskins @ Raiders

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It's today or never kids! Talk about the game here.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

May I just take a moment and use the official game thread to say that I'm officially ready for a damned WIN?!

HTTR.

Who can we get with the first pick of the draft?

Seriously...It's amazing how bad this team looks right now. Can't tackle, can't block, can't make a first down, can't cover, can't play special teams...total system failure.

Hate to admit it, but RG3 looks terrible again. No awareness in the pocket whatsoever.

Bad decisions with the ball too.

I put 50% of it on the O line, 25% on Kyle for not calling read option and book legs, and 25% on robert

The same things are being said right now in Philly, NY and Dallas about their teams missing opportunities and being shorthanded at several spots - that's the nature of the NFC East in 2013.

Mike asked in chat about the Raiders rushing D going into the game.

They were allowing 108.3 yards per game and 4.1 yards per attempt with a total of 2 rushing TDs against them and no runs of over 20 yards.

The Redskins had a net rushing yardage of 122 averaging 3.8 per attempt and 1 rushing TD.

What is interesting is what happened with the Raiders rushing offense.

Going into the game they were averaging 148.7 rushing yards per game, 5.3 yards per carry and had 3 rushing TDs so far this season. They also were leading the league with 9 rushes of 20 or more yards.

The Redskins held them to 104 net yards rushing, 4.0 yards per carry and no rushing TDs.

They had no rushes of 20 yards or more either.

Not too bad, defense.

Well that wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. We needed that desperately. Only one team in history has started off 0-4 and made the playoffs.

I believe Garcon continues to be the single best player on this team--he's just playing great.

Helu was fantastic.

I'm still not a fan of anyone on this coaching staff.....but we got a huge win. And that's all that matters.

Serv, their 2 leading rushers were not on the field for the whole game. Pryor did not suit up and McFadden didn't even make it through the 1st quarter so I wouldn't go tooting our defensive horn too loudly.

It's a win, a step in the right direction and I will take it. We are setup for a truly remarkable turnaround if we go into Dallas and beat them. I think we can...and I think we will.

But I hold no illusions who we beat today...in a very unconvincing manner.

Is it the fear of being happy even for a moment?

old, but fitting

2767638386_d8efc6fb1f.jpg

Because Pryor is a great qb to begin with?

We did what we needed to with a team lacking confidence.

Why do we always immediately try to disect and tear down good things?

Is it the fear of being happy even for a moment?

Come on Mike, no one is tearing anything down. We are just being realistic. No one said Pryor was a great QB, not one said the Raiders were anything other than what they are...a bad team who was missing their 2 leading rushers. That makes them and even worse team so I won't get all gushy with the effort our defense put together. We get 7 sacks against Dallas...I will sing from the mountain top! As for now, it was a win against a hapless team...I will be happy with it and remain realistic about who it was we beat.

Mike, it's ok to be critical of the team...even after a win. It's not being negative...just real.

Mike asked in chat about the Raiders rushing D going into the game.

They were allowing 108.3 yards per game and 4.1 yards per attempt with a total of 2 rushing TDs against them and no runs of over 20 yards.

The Redskins had a net rushing yardage of 122 averaging 3.8 per attempt and 1 rushing TD.

What is interesting is what happened with the Raiders rushing offense.

Going into the game they were averaging 148.7 rushing yards per game, 5.3 yards per carry and had 3 rushing TDs so far this season. They also were leading the league with 9 rushes of 20 or more yards.

The Redskins held them to 104 net yards rushing, 4.0 yards per carry and no rushing TDs.

They had no rushes of 20 yards or more either.

Not too bad, defense.

step in the right direction...no doubt. yea us.

not a valid sample set my statistically inclined cyber buddy!

I only listened on the radio and it didn't seem like a well played game. but...on the positive side we get Jarvis and Rob back. Jarvis = good for run defense. Rob = good for pass defense in space (let's face it...Rak aint good at this).

let's hope the defense has bottomed out and will at least be respectable from here on out. anyone care to hazard a guess on how the pass defense holds up against Denver?

will look for a different thread on positives and negatives from yesterday's game.

I guess the good part of all of this is that the NFCE is so bad we are still in the thick of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.