• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Redskins @ Raiders

step in the right direction...no doubt. yea us.

not a valid sample set my statistically inclined cyber buddy!

I only listened on the radio and it didn't seem like a well played game. but...on the positive side we get Jarvis and Rob back. Jarvis = good for run defense. Rob = good for pass defense in space (let's face it...Rak aint good at this).

let's hope the defense has bottomed out and will at least be respectable from here on out. anyone care to hazard a guess on how the pass defense holds up against Denver?

will look for a different thread on positives and negatives from yesterday's game.

I guess the good part of all of this is that the NFCE is so bad we are still in the thick of it.

it looked like it sounded, not very good. The defense did look better at times, but it was the Raiders without starting QB and RB.

The defense still missed a ton of tackles.

I think the Cowboys are actually a pretty good measuring stick in two weeks. The Raiders are a bad team, and without their starting QB and RB, they might be an awful team. Dallas with Romo and Dez provides us with a nice test, imo. We should have a better idea of where we stand defensively at that point.

But Denver is going to shred us. :(

Dallas will be a good measuring stick because at that point Griffin should be ready. It's week 6; he'll have played 4 games and had a bye week to get right.

If he's not right by week 6 the outcome of the game won't even matter; the season will be over at that point. Our season rides of Griffin's play. I have faith that he just needs a little time to get right. But the amount of time available is running out...

I'm not worried about Denver or the rest of our schedule. We play that game every year - picking wins and losses based on how we did last year and how that team did last year. Then we try to adjust it as the season goes on based on how teams are doing. It's a fools game; by the end of the year the w/l column next to the schedule doesn't look anything like what people predicted before, or during, the season.

If the NFL was that predictable and easy it wouldn't be nearly as fun or as popular of a sport to watch; it certainly wouldn't be the gambling juggernaut it is for vegas.

First things first. Get Griffin right. I'll worry about Denver when we're lining up for the opening kickoff.

I took a few pics... I'll put them up when they finish uploading

I took a few pics... I'll put them up when they finish uploading

DM, after attending a game in Oakland, the least you could do is not wait 2 days to give us a head's up that you're still alive! :laugh:

step in the right direction...no doubt. yea us.

not a valid sample set my statistically inclined cyber buddy!

I only listened on the radio and it didn't seem like a well played game. but...on the positive side we get Jarvis and Rob back. Jarvis = good for run defense. Rob = good for pass defense in space (let's face it...Rak aint good at this).

let's hope the defense has bottomed out and will at least be respectable from here on out. anyone care to hazard a guess on how the pass defense holds up against Denver?

will look for a different thread on positives and negatives from yesterday's game.

I guess the good part of all of this is that the NFCE is so bad we are still in the thick of it.

Yeah, yeah, I know-not a "valid set" statistically-I was reaching for something good. Sue me. :betterwink2:

To be honest sometimes the "all is lost" doom-and-gloom stuff gets tiresome so I look for stuff that legitimizes plausible hope.

At some later point when there is enough data to justify something actually meaningful-either positive or negative or both-I'll mention it but in the meantime I, apparently like yourself and others, am watching intently for signs that might indicate what the direction the team is going. This seems fairly uncertain at the moment so I, from my personal fan perspective, look for signs of improvement wherever I can find them. :halo:

DM, after attending a game in Oakland, the least you could do is not wait 2 days to give us a head's up that you're still alive! :laugh:

haha sorry... was having tooo good a time then had to drive back to LA yesterday. I put my pics up on facebook, but having ISP issues today waiting for them to work it out.

haha sorry... was having tooo good a time then had to drive back to LA yesterday. I put my pics up on facebook, but having ISP issues today waiting for them to work it out.

Aw man, wish I could see your pictures on Facebook! I was purged!

Aw man, wish I could see your pictures on Facebook!

By leaving?

how does one have a "good time" in Oakland ?

Oakland was pretty cool actually. An old friend of mine has opened up three restaurants in the Jack London Square area and the surrounding areas all had great restaurants. Oakland kinda gets a bad rap I guess... but its a neat little city. Mark (chubakah) used to live in the Fremont so he knew how to get around and had friends in the area. Overall it was a great time, tailgate could have actually happened if we tried to get everyone together, but the crowd there was fun, full of energy and left the stadium to us Redskins fans at the end. At no time did I feel threatened or unsafe, actually some people went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed us to oakland. You could sense the undertones of drunken hate but no more than any other stadium I've been too. Stadium is a **** hole but everyone knew that already. I like the way they back their trucks tailgate to tailgate and each put a canopy up. this creates a gauntlet of sorts that you have to walk through and the heckling was fun. They have a smart ass "RAY - DAHS" chant that springs up and moves around the crowd like a wave. So well in fact, that you can hear any Redskins fans coming through the parking lot. Their tiny little light brite board has past and present players who start the smart ass "RAY - DAHS" chant at times throughout the game. Its fun and unique. We also had 100 people stop and go "Lets welcome these skins fans to oakland... 1, 2, 3...... **** you!" - good fun. :help:

HERE's the full album....

Raiders 9-29-13 Photos by webeboatin | Photobucket

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0632.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

Sniper towers in the parking lots

DSC_0704.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0820.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

Last edited:
Why does that last pic look like RG3 wants to fight somebody, and the assistant is trying to hold him back ?
Or is that a chest bump ?

I didn't see him smile much all day. In fact I caught a glaring angry look from him a few times. He's frustrated that's pretty clear, but about what is the biggest question!

I thought that was his father in the last pic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.