• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v Eagles

Beck with the "Romo-bounce"
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That was a thing of beauty......

Give him a full week of practice with the first team, and I think we have a good chance in every game.

At least something good came out of this shamockery. Beck is no savior, but after dealing with Gross Man for 5 games we will all give him more room for error.

At least something good came out of this shamockery. Beck is no savior, but after dealing with Gross Man for 5 games we will all give him more room for error.

If Shanny pulled Rex sooner, we would have won this game....

I don't see how you can argue otherwise. I hate to keep beating this drum, but the coaching staff has not helped much this year. No commitment to the run, which would have helped both QBs this afternoon, and waited too long to make the change.

If Shanny pulled Rex sooner, we would have won this game....

Or started him coming out of the bye like I had hoped. Well, at least we got it closer than the last time we played them. Orakpo dissapeared against the NFCE again... Our D got treated like a wet paper towel. They rebounded in the 2nd half but Reid took advantage of them as usual. All you who are confused will know when we are a good team, we will beat a wounded Pokes team, and we will beat a 1-4 division rival that is reeling. Until then, keep your stats to yourself.

I don't see how you can argue otherwise. I hate to keep beating this drum, but the coaching staff has not helped much this year. No commitment to the run, which would have helped both QBs this afternoon, and waited too long to make the change.

And when we did run, not a single stretch play. We're not built to run between the tackles.

And when we did run, not a single stretch play. We're not built to run between the tackles.

Yep. We do great off tackle behind Trent. When he went out, I can see that throwing a wrench in the gameplan, but adjust. Commit to running the ball, and it WILL pay off.

Lich is done for the year - maybe next year too. Torn ACL and MCL - that takes just over a year to fully heal.

I am somewhat encouraged that this team, led by a pathetic performance from the most important position, lost by 7 points. In the past it would have been by much more.

We are not a good team, we are an improving team. Without a true NFL caliber quarterback we will continue to be at this level. Beck certainly seems to be an upgrade but he is not, and will not, be the answer. We have been so qb-deprived, for so many years, that better than nothing seems like a real gift.

I am somewhat encouraged that this team, led by a pathetic performance from the most important position, lost by 7 points. In the past it would have been by much more.

We are not a good team, we are an improving team. Without a true NFL caliber quarterback we will continue to be at this level. Beck certainly seems to be an upgrade but he is not, and will not, be the answer. We have been so qb-deprived, for so many years, that better than nothing seems like a real gift.

The good thing is our players have some hope for a change. They've been hopeless for a while now.

This fast start and grandiose stat sheet has been bad for the Defense. It is still a leaky defense. It still has major issues covering average and up wideouts. Speed and size still kills them and that's what's in our division. Until they start pitching shutouts in the NFCE, they are not a great defense, but they are MUCH, MUCH better than I thought they were going to be.

Beck has better rapport with the WRs on the lower end of the totem pole right now... As seen by the pass to Austin... That will Change with some first team snaps which is encouraging. He's also better for the movement of the pocket, the boots, roll outs, etc., and is just a better screen QB. He had zip on his throws. I was relieved to see him drill some in there, now the receivers have to step up and catch a few more of those.

The run game took a step back.... it will be up and down until our line grasps how to run the ZBS fully and learn how the various defenses in the league are going to defend the ZBS. The offensive game plan today was garbage. Plain and simple. The run game will now be helped along by the athleticism that Beck brings to the QB position. The movement should help the play action game and the run game simultaneously. Too bad we lost Lichtensteiger but we should have known that the depth there was still an issue. At least we have some time before the trade deadline? Hmmm.

Kyle. This is not the AFC South. Its the NFCE Beyotch!!!

I'm sad we had to lose to another reeling team to get a dose of reality. I was hoping the loss to the pokes was enough to spark some changes. I think we'll be better of long term because of it though. Depth, physicality, smart play and excellent game planning is what we need in this division. Anything less will not do.

Trent Williams with a high ankle sprain.

At least the club picked up Sean Locklear who has been an 8 year starter at OT in the NFL.

I am more worried at guard, where the team really didn't do anything in free agency or the draft other than to sign Chris Chester.

I thought we needed TWO additional veteran players inside behind the starters at OC and OG.

I suppose we will be signing someone now.

Please forgive.... a few beers (after Beck was installed) and a few Drambuie's later, I post....

While not the ultimate QB, I think that Beck offers up at least a Thiesmannesque equivalent in athletism and playmaking ability.

I really hope that Shanny sees similar "on tape" and continues, without renege, to develop for this year, at least, a game plan that favors the limited talent of Beck.

The Oline is suddenly "trashed" and we need to emphasize mobility at the QB slot. Rex, is not that guy...Romo is quick, Vick is quick, Manning is not as quick but effective... Beck is much quicker than Rex..we need to go that way.

Beck's passes were not accurate in this game.... but damn... they were quick.
Austin likes quick, Santana likes quick, Helu will like quick, Hightower will like quick, hit Torrain in the basket and...... even Shanny Jr. will like quick.... get Beck going damn'it...

Don't care.... 10-6 is my goal... quick at QB will get us there with this defense and offense.

Grossman.... old school pocket guy, ball control, with good running game and defense... good solution a few years ago,.... not now.

The Shannies know this, don't worry, it's in the works..

if everyone knew this from inside the Park and there was a grand plan for Beck then how come Grossman started the season at qb? :)

you can't tell me that because Beck missed one week because of the hip flex that cost him the starting job.

I think everyone here was pleased in seeing that Beck unlike Grossman can move in the pocket and create some extra time in the passing game.

What we also saw, though, were passes like the one to Gaffney where he was open but the ball fluttered five yards in front of him on the ground.

That could have been a catch for a first and goal.

Instead it was an incompletion.

Those are passes an NFL quarterback has to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.