• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Redskins vs Ravens - Game Day Wish List

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
August 21, 2010

Truth is I only have one real wish for week two:

Don't crash and burn.

With their unexpected dude-what-just-happened-here debut blowout win last week, Mike Shanahan's Redskins set the early bar almost impossibly high for themselves. That's a nice problem to have, of course, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for improvement. Not in preseason anyway.

You can't prove anything in preseason, just offer glimpses and set the expectations pendulum swinging. The Redskins swung it pretty damn far in the direction of the good last week...will they be able to keep it from reversing course just as dramatically?

Chances are the Redskins won't blow out the Baltimore Ravens. In fact, I'm prepared to predict right here and now that they will not. Bold, I know.

But they can definitely make a statement.

So to flesh out the "one real wish" thing a bit...I do have one. It has nothing to do with the score. It doesn't have that much to do with individual performances, although obviously I'd like to see more of what I saw from key personnel and units last week.

No, this week it has to do with attitude...

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited:
good read... couldn't agree more about the Ravens. I don't have that local-rivalry stemmed hate that a lot of my fellow skins fans have. Baltimore, no matter how bad they are getting beat, play with fire and intensity. I respect them for it. I haven't and won't go out and buy any gear but I've rooted for them in the postseason when the skins aren't in the mix (heh). But I WILL NOT be rooting or showing respect for them @ 7pm.

Now, you realize of course, if your wish list is once again fulfilled or, dare I say exceeded, you WILL be doing this for every game until it falters. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.