• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Not Too Disappointed

Well, I am more disappointed by this loss than the Colts, but it is halfway through the season and we have beaten a couple of good squads. We have beaten a couple of NFC North teams many gave us little chance to win, we have won a couple of division games, and we have looked respectable against a couple of good AFC teams.

I was disappointed with what I heard on the radio as far as play calling and Pops needs to straighten that kid out in the 4th quarter!

All in all, we go into a bye at 4-4. About where most of us expected?

Yeah I'm fairly happy... I really had no high expectations for this season. I'd be happy being in the conversation for the playoffs in late November. My largest disappointment thus far is the Oline. I thought surely by now they would resemble a functioning average (at the least) unit.
I disagree with some I don't think we are 3-4 drafts away from being a contender in the NFC. Pick up some talent on the Oline a player or two on the defense and an impact Wr. Then groom a new Qb the following year. I believe with a new center and some depth on the Oline our offense will start to click.

If that's how it is after 8 games into the season, I won't be expecting any play-off appearance this season. I was hoping for 5-3 at the bye, but it's not to be. Are we sure that McNabb is actually playing Washington, or is he a ploy to help Philly make the play-offs? Sacked TWICE in the first two drives, throws for a loss, runs for a loss (although not on him) and a huge 19 total yards of offence in the first quarter.

Definite Super Bowl material ........ not!

As I said in the thread I started, I got out of bed at 3.45am for that ****? I was back there within the hour (before half time). I'm done with the early mornings from here on in. Such an early start throws my whole day out of synch, and takes a couple of days to get it back. TBH, it's no longer worth it.

I'm not giving up on the team; I'm just giving up 'watching' the crap they dish up and try to pretend it's football.

I'm seeing a 8-8 season this year (+1/ -1). Playoffs probably not this year...but at least having a possibility at the start of December. The Skins aren't a bad team. They aren't a dominant one either. I expect this bye week will help alot.
I'm certain there are alot of holes to fill next season but not near as many as this off season.

I'm definetly disappointed in yesterdays game. I mean, I was all about 6-10 this year, but yesterday gave me flashbacks to Zorn.

It's almost like Shanny Jr didn't want to game plan this week, looked in his old Houton playbook and said, "**** it, we'll use this gameplan this week".

No adjustments even after McNAbb was getting pummeled. Not one roll out that I saw. No one helping Rabach when he was being abused. I mean, my 5,11", 200lbs ass might as well have been playing center.

The offense, again, was putrid. If Banks hadn't returned one, we'd have really taken a pounding

The Lions are a better team than their record, but they ain't that good.

Sorry, sorry game

If that's how it is after 8 games into the season, I won't be expecting any play-off appearance this season. I was hoping for 5-3 at the bye, but it's not to be. Are we sure that McNabb is actually playing Washington, or is he a ploy to help Philly make the play-offs? Sacked TWICE in the first two drives, throws for a loss, runs for a loss (although not on him) and a huge 19 total yards of offence in the first quarter.

Definite Super Bowl material ........ not!

As I said in the thread I started, I got out of bed at 3.45am for that ****? I was back there within the hour (before half time). I'm done with the early mornings from here on in. Such an early start throws my whole day out of synch, and takes a couple of days to get it back. TBH, it's no longer worth it.

I'm not giving up on the team; I'm just giving up 'watching' the crap they dish up and try to pretend it's football.

I know exactly what you mean. I must confess I have been conditioned after all these years. If I believe it's really going downhill or the football is just plain bad...I pack it in at halftime and go play golf to reduce the frustration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.