• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem - What the hell are you waiting for? :)

I vote for closest without going over.
~ Bob Barker

Last edited:
There seems to be a glitch...at least for Docsandy. I went to look at the results and I noticed he was 1-13. It's hard to be that bad so I looked a little closer... he missed the Washington/Baltimore game because he picked Arizona to win that game??? Similarly, he missed the NE/Philly game because he picked Carolina to win that game??? In fact in all of his misses he is credited with picking a team to win the game that isn't even playing in the game. Given that, I'm not sure how he managed to pick the Seattle game right.

WTF???

There seems to be a glitch...at least for Docsandy. I went to look at the results and I noticed he was 1-13. It's hard to be that bad so I looked a little closer... he missed the Washington/Baltimore game because he picked Arizona to win that game??? Similarly, he missed the NE/Philly game because he picked Carolina to win that game??? In fact in all of his misses he is credited with picking a team to win the game that isn't even playing in the game. Given that, I'm not sure how he managed to pick the Seattle game right.

WTF???

I'd like to know how that happened to, since I picked on the right page :)

I don't remember my "real" picks, but I certainly didn't pick Arizona to win in the game between Wash/Balt, and likewise :(

I'm looking into it guys/gals. This is why we asked for folks to play the pre-season games :)

I'd like to know how that happened to, since I picked on the right page :)

I don't remember my "real" picks, but I certainly didn't pick Arizona to win in the game between Wash/Balt, and likewise :(

Come on Sandy, you should probably learn how to play this game before you join in. Even I knew that the Dodgers were a lock in that one.

Okay folks - got it fixed. They apparently did some minor schedule edits. Did a schedule update and everything appears fixed. Nice pickup and let me know if you see other issues.

The regular season draws nearer, as does the deadline for joining the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem Game :)

We've got a good group going already - but we'd love to have the entire BGO membership playing. Take a look at the prize list people...this is going to be fun.

O.K., Boone, I'm gonna dump another out-of-left-field idea on you for the NFL Pickem regular season-if it's not too late for such things, of course. How about a special prize for anyone who goes 16-0 with their picks in any week-picking all 16 games in a single NFL week is beyond the capabilities of the best Vegas oddsmakers, but, hey, we got people here with skills, man-and if anybody managed to pull off a 16-0 week they deserve special recognition, and maybe an extra goody as a reward-either for being brilliant...or lucky as hell.:)

Hmm ... at the very least, I think I have a "Mr. Perfect" avatar idea that will serve this purpose well.

Great idea brother.

so there's no penalty for picking AGAINST the skins or FOR the cowpokes?:anonymous:

Since the start of the 2009 NFL Season is Thursday's 8:30 PM EST game between the Titans and the Steelers, deadline for making picks for Week 1 of the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem contest will be 8pm Thursday, 9-10-09. Currently, only 18 of 50 participants have made their picks.

Should anyone miss a week, either week 1 or any other week, you can continue to play, but the missed games will obviously be counted as losses.

Lets go people - get those picks in!

*bump*

Don't forget to make your picks prior to Thursday's opener folks. There's still time to join if you haven't yet.

For those of you who are like me and track time by days worked in the week, TOMORROW is Thursday. I mention it cause it sure snuck up on me today.

The long winter of our discontent is nearly over, my friends. :D

Last edited:
As I mentioned - if we have folks that miss getting their picks in tomorrow, you'll have to take that loss, but we can make arrangements for you to get your picks in for the rest of the weekend.

I mean - I'm not totally heartless :)

problem picking this week

Hey guys because I didn't come to pick my picks until today I am locked out because of thursdays game. Is there anyway to be able to go around that and get my picks in for today?
thanks Cowboysforever.

Late doesn't seem to be a problem this week...

unless you're a Dallas fan.

Complaints can be registered here:

http://cowboyszone.com

;)

Last edited:
This week IS unlocked, but it looks like the game REQUIRES you to pick all 16 games every week, so if you miss the first one, it won't let you picks and submit the remaining games.

For this week only, if you want to pm me your picks, I'll manually enter them for you :)

Okay, after some investigating, if you miss the first game of the week, we can still get your picks in the system, but I have to enter random picks for all the games, then you'll be able to go in there and edit them and submit.

So if:

Aston Gambino
B&G
Burl
JackieD
LegionOfDoom
Master Chief
MikeSr619
SC RedskinsFan
tomwvr

want to get your picks in for this week, PM me asap so I can set you up. You have until 1pm.

Last edited:
And if there are any last-minute stragglers who wanted to play this season, but just never got around to telling me so, you've still got a few minutes to do so. I'll be glad to set you up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.