• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem - What the hell are you waiting for? :)

Sandy and beamish, I'll add you guys today and send you pms with instructions :)

Picking preseason games seems kind of silly. Who knows what some 3rd string QB will end up doing against some 3rd string D. Might as well flip a coin.

Oh well, it'll be fun nonetheless.

Picking preseason games seems kind of silly. Who knows what some 3rd string QB will end up doing against some 3rd string D. Might as well flip a coin.

Oh well, it'll be fun nonetheless.

The only reason we're asking folks to play the pre-season games is so that we can ensure there are no software glitches. The results won't count towards the final contest standings - only regular and post-season games predictions will be used to identify prize-winners. I am going to change the deadline for registering for the contest to allow folks to register all the way up until the day prior to the first regular season game. Anyone who prefers not to play the pre-season games, totally up to you - but you may want to just to become familiar with the software.

Deadline for entering the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem contest is extended to midnight on 12 Sept 2009 :)

Deadline for entering the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem contest is extended to midnight on 12 Sept 2009 :)

Hmm... got an email Boone.. said I wasn't in.. but I am :cry:

Did it not go through? Hope so... as you know, I'm in the process of (hopefully if sale of house goes through) moving, but my email, etc. will remain the same.

Again, HTTR! Are you ready for some football! I know I am

The only reason we're asking folks to play the pre-season games is so that we can ensure there are no software glitches. The results won't count towards the final contest standings - only regular and post-season games predictions will be used to identify prize-winners. I am going to change the deadline for registering for the contest to allow folks to register all the way up until the day prior to the first regular season game. Anyone who prefers not to play the pre-season games, totally up to you - but you may want to just to become familiar with the software.

Gotcha. Thanks. I've picked the first game already and will continue to do so for the rest of the preseason for ****s and giggles (and to provide the test drive of the software).

Thanks for setting this up.

Hmm... got an email Boone.. said I wasn't in.. but I am :cry:

Did it not go through? Hope so... as you know, I'm in the process of (hopefully if sale of house goes through) moving, but my email, etc. will remain the same.

Again, HTTR! Are you ready for some football! I know I am

Sandy,
Can you explain - I have no idea what you're talking about? :)
You're set up as far as I can see....

I'm in if still open.

Sure thing, I'll get you set up. I've extended the deadline all the way up to the first regular season game, so there's plenty of time for folks to register.

Sandy,
Can you explain - I have no idea what you're talking about? :)
You're set up as far as I can see....

I got an email from you that I hadn't joined the NFL pickem yet AFTER I had already joined and picked the first 2 weeks.. perhaps it was just a cross over in communication :blush:

In any event, I'm in and looking forward to it!

Or I'd had a beer :)
I can see you've logged in and entered picks. You're all set!

I encourage everyone who's entered so far to go ahead and log-in to their NFL Pickem account (see the NFL Pickem page if you forgot how) and make your pick for the HOF Game tomorrow night. I'd like to have a good number of folks play that game (although it doesn't count for the contest standings) so we can test the software.

Folks may register up until the start of the regular season - pre-season is optional, but encouraged :)

Hey Boone something is screwy with the Pickem Game. It says that Buffalo won 24-21.

Hey Boone something is screwy with the Pickem Game. It says that Buffalo won 24-21.

I'll check on that. The way the software works, I can either click a 'web' button that calculates the standings based on results entered by the software maker, or I can manually enter the scores myself. I'll likely do the latter (unless this was just a one-time glitch and we don't have any more problems).

I'm going to post the summary sheet for this week tonight even though it was just one game so you guys can get used to how the reports look.

I noticed that the tie breaker scoring for total points is the closest without going over. So you're better off picking a total score of 3, than picking a total score of 40 and being 1 point over.

I noticed that the tie breaker scoring for total points is the closest without going over. So you're better off picking a total score of 3, than picking a total score of 40 and being 1 point over.

Maybe....unless everyone else picks 4, 5, 6, or 7 :)

We can change it to closest period if you guys prefer, just let me know...

-------------------

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.