• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Draft Day 1 (Audio)

Pappas

Hey gang, just checking in. I am helping out on another site tonight so will not be able to do the full monty here. However, I am starting this in case I get something I can post real quick to try to keep you updated.

Stand by...

6:50PM

BTW and for the record, I think they will take Okung, unless Bradford is there. I'm not saying it is a lock, just my opinion.

And with the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Trent Williams.
Offensive Tackle
University of Oklahoma Sooners
6:04.5-314
Longview, Texas
Longview High school

Williams started 39-of-50 games during his Oklahoma career, including twelve at left tackle and 27 on the right side…He registered 369 knockdowns and 36 touchdown resulting blocks that included 230 knockdown blocks in his final two seasons, averaging 9.2 knockdowns and 0.84 touchdown-resulting blocks per game as a junior and senior combined…Also recorded five tackles (3 solos).

Fun Fact

For the third straight year, the Redskins have drafted a player who attended Longview H.S. is Texas. Malcolm Kelly, Robert Henson, and Trent Williams.

AUDIO​

To listen to comments from Trent Williams click HERE

To listen to comments from Coach Shanahan click HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see the thread. Was going to get on and suggest it. I view Williams, 30%, Okung 30%, Berry 30%, QB Notre Dame 5%, Bradford 5%. I won't be on for a while starting at 5:30 my time as I plan to treadmill and watch.

Great to see the thread. Was going to get on and suggest it. I view Williams, 30%, Okung 30%, Berry 30%, QB Notre Dame 5%, Bradford 5%. I won't be on for a while starting at 5:30 my time as I plan to treadmill and watch.

Way to take a stand.

:)

Got a bottle of champagne, beer and whiskey, and at least one is getting crushed tonight, depending on who we pick. :)

According to beat reporter Rick Maese, the Redskins are now higher on Russell Okung than they are on Trent Williams.

We can't believe anything coming out of Redskins camp right now. The Eric Berry talk sure seems like a smokescreen to us, but Mike Shanahan's track record leaves room from plenty of draft-day surprises http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1

I dreamed they wheeled and dealed for Bradford. Gotta go with the premonition baby, no matter how unlikely :)

THE TACKLES

Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News writes what is traditionally considered one of the most accurate mock drafts in the business. Given that most fans seem to be strongly in favor of drafting a tackle, it's probably good news for them that Gosselin has the Redskins taking Okalahoma State's Russell Okung in his final revision:
http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/22/draft-day-does-not-bring-clarity-to-redskins-plans/

Gosselin is usually the most accurate-his draft

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042210dnspogoosemock.3cacf47.html

I'll be upset if we go Berry - how many times are we going to go safety with a high pick?? I don't care if he's the top talent in this year's draft - we have far greater needs. I'd rather see us make the safe vanilla OT pick than go safety.

EA Sports blew it on the Madden cover commercial with Brees - when he and his agent got the news he was on the cover, agent should've given him a big chest bump, and had Brees go crashing through the skyscraper's plate glass window ....now that would've been sweet :)

Definitely loving the Thursday night draft change. High drama :)

Wish like hell we had our full complement of picks - maybe someday - so we'd have something to stay tuned in for after tonight...

Definitely loving the Thursday night draft change. High drama :)

i have to admit...im starting to warm up to this. not sure its such a good idea to be getting this hammered on a thursday...but i will make it through! :bucktooth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.