• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Draft Day 1 (Audio)

Cowpukes just got a very good WR. Great pick. :(

The Donkeys just spent a first rounder on a FB. Amazing. Well, amazingly dumb anyway. As for Claussen, I think there's gotta be something about his character that scared everyone off. Maybe he came across in interviews as Jeff George part deux? :whoknows:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Not only did they not get an All-Pro Tackle, they gave up their 3rd round pick to get a good WR. I like this move. I hope he is the trouble maker every one says he is. Is that wrong of me to wish bad things on someone?
No, it just means you've got your head in the right place. Let's hope he's the second coming of T.O...well sorta. ;)

I read-I'll have to find it-that during one of his interviews after being asked about an INT he put the blame on the receivers running the routes wrong and that scared the coaches. He later said it was miscommunication between himself and the receiver but the damage had already been done.

They like QBs to take responsibility whether it's only partly theirs or not.

Cowpukes just got a very good WR. Great pick. :(

The Donkeys just spent a first rounder on a FB. Amazing. Well, amazingly dumb anyway. As for Claussen, I think there's gotta be something about his character that scared everyone off. Maybe he came across in interviews as Jeff George part deux? :whoknows:

Broncos thinking they're smarter than the rest of the league with this move. I have no problem taking him relatively early, although its a big gamble, but that's a very expensive gamble with someone like Claussen sitting there.

I think the stuff on the Cowboy pick is very wishful thinking.

I read-I'll have to find it-that during one of his interviews after being asked about an INT he put the blame on the receivers running the routes wrong and that scared the coaches. He later said it was miscommunication between himself and the receiver but the damage had already been done.

They like QBs to take responsibility whether it's only partly theirs or not.
That came out in the Gruden sit down with him. Gruden didn't really call him on that...interesting. Saw the repeat of that segment last night.

Broncos thinking they're smarter than the rest of the league with this move. I have no problem taking him relatively early, although its a big gamble, but that's a very expensive gamble with someone like Claussen sitting there.

Josh McDaniels will forever be linked with Tebow now. If Tebow fails Josh McDaniels is gone.

I will say, if you're going to hitch your horse to an underdog with more heart and determination than talent, pick one with a big heart and determined as hell. Tebow is that. Question is, in today's NFL, is that enough?

I'm rooting for him. Impossible not to like the kid.

I will say, if you're going to hitch your horse to an underdog with more heart and determination than talent, pick one with a big heart and determined as hell. Tebow is that. Question is, in today's NFL, is that enough?

I have run into a few who don't, being an FSU alum and all. But I like the kid. He is that guy I like to root for. I have to admit, I wouldn't have minded seeing him in B&G behind McNabb for a couple of years. Now I am gonna be rooting for Denver, I think.

Imagine going into this draft knowing you could have had Clausen with an early 2nd.

Awesome audio John, thanks for sharing with us :cheers:

Shanahan sounded downright sleepy - guess he's been through this all enough not to get too worked up over it all :)

...unless you put things in context. Compared to other NFL statistically "perfect" early picks, yes he's something of an underdog. However before that Tebow was that Dudley Do Right jerk at your HS who did everything the coaches/teachers said and as a result benefited from being a big fish in a small pond. You know him. He was the one with a report that said little yet got an A because it had no typos and a fancy cover. Now that everyone else is bigger, stronger, faster, equally well coached, and often smarter than he is, he'll be exposed for the NCAA popularity contest chump, 'er champ that he really is.

Sorry, but he's Jason Campbell with a slightly different set of weaknesses. Thanks, but no thanks.

Awesome audio John, thanks for sharing with us :cheers:

Shanahan sounded downright sleepy - guess he's been through this all enough not to get too worked up over it all :)

He's Gibbs x 10 when it comes to giving the press only what he wants them to have.

Oh for the days of Zorn, when slips of the tongue and frank honesty were in vogue.

If only we could have coached him up on coaching them up.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.